Glowstick 5.2 Test series

• Reference:

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1312/1312.6851.pdf

This reference shows one of several methods of producing Hydrogen Rydberg matter(HRM). This methid is based on the high pressure compression of hydrogen by the absorption of hydrogen into nickel. The nickel must be made receptive to hydrogen absorption through the fracturing of the nickel lattice by the application of various lattice stressors carried out over a long period of time. Rossi's fuel preprocessing method could produce both fractured nickel powder and HRM to be loaded into the reactor as fuel.

If you have any 5 year old nickel batteries, your in luck. You can extract(HRM) through acid treatment of their nickel electrodes.

One interesting coincidence is the mention that the extracted HRM is a fine gray powder as stated by the following:

As a result of the metalceramic nickel matrix dissolution, the portion of electrode submerged into solution, detached, and dropped to the flask bottom. The fallen portion had the appearance of the initial electrode without any changes. However during extraction from the solution and when the fallen portion was touched, it split into small crystals of grey color with metallic luster

Fine grey powder is seen in the Lugano test in the ash.

There are other mechanisms that can produce HRM as ECCO is theorizing. I believe that Rossi realized this when he understood that the nickel in the Hot cat had melted. Unbeknownst to Rossi before the Lugano test, there was another mechanism that could support HRM production.

I believe that the inclusion of mica used as an insulation between the wafer heater from the two adjacent fuel chambers produce HRM as a result of an infrared photon lensing effect that uses it hexagonal crystal structure to quantum mechanically catalyze HRM in the same fashion as graphite does. This is exactly what Holmlid is doing with graphite and iron oxide(both are hexagonal crystals) and laser light.

See

http://www.e-catworld.com/2016…stals-and-lenr-axil-axil/

• Just some thoughts.

If we believe that lithium fission through the intermediate beryllium takes place in E-cat, then we should think about all conditions favorable for this. It is clear that this reaction takes place outside of nickel particles. It is hard to believe that lithium is diffusing into nickel lattice and there we have its fission. What is the role of nickel particles in this case? Again it is clear, that nickel is not simple source of the protons, otherwise presence of LiAlH will be sufficient for LENR, but this is not the case. Another fact is that LENR take place in powder or in metal road with cracks. From this we can make proposal that LENR take place in small closed volume surrounded by nickel surface. In this volume we should have some amount of lithium and protons. I.e. the LENR fuel should have the structure of cheese with closed holes and these holes should be filed with lithium and protons. How it can happen? Lithium can be kept in these holes after mixing with nickel powder followed by its sintering, heating to form the cheese structure. Hydrogen will come to the holes from nickel since it will be saturated with hydrogen (from LiAlH or external supply of H2). Such sintering of nickel and Li powder (or LiAlH) can be an additional step in fuel preparation. Long and slow heating of fuel (nickel plus LiAlH) in Parhomov's experiment can be consider as the sintering, not only to releas hydrogen slowly and to avoid destruction of the reactor. Why nickel is used? I can say that reason for this is ability of nickel to soak the hydrogen and then to release it in these "holes" filled with lithium.

In other words we should create a lot of nickel reactors in size of micrometer, and fuel inside of these reactors is lithium and atomic hydrogen (protons).

• Just some thoughts.

If we believe that lithium fission through the intermediate beryllium takes place in E-cat, then we should think about all conditions favorable for this. It is clear that this reaction takes place outside of nickel particles. It is hard to believe that lithium is diffusing into nickel lattice and there we have its fission. What is the role of nickel particles in this case? Again it is clear, that nickel is not simple source of the protons, otherwise presence of LiAlH will be sufficient for LENR, but this is not the case. Another fact is that LENR take place in powder or in metal road with cracks. From this we can make proposal that LENR take place in small closed volume surrounded by nickel surface. In this volume we should have some amount of lithium and protons. I.e. the LENR fuel should have the structure of cheese with closed holes and these holes should be filed with lithium and protons. How it can happen? Lithium can be kept in these holes after mixing with nickel powder followed by its sintering, heating to form the cheese structure. Hydrogen will come to the holes from nickel since it will be saturated with hydrogen (from LiAlH or external supply of H2). Such sintering of nickel and Li powder (or LiAlH) can be an additional step in fuel preparation. Long and slow heating of fuel (nickel plus LiAlH) in Parhomov's experiment can be consider as the sintering, not only to releas hydrogen slowly and to avoid destruction of the reactor. Why nickel is used? I can say that reason for this is ability of nickel to soak the hydrogen and then to release it in these "holes" filled with lithium.

In other words we should create a lot of nickel reactors in size of micrometer, and fuel inside of these reactors is lithium and atomic hydrogen (protons).

The reason why cracks and the cracking associated with high loading of hydrogen into palladium is that hydrogen Rydberg matter(HRM) is produced by pressure produced by capillary processes in the distressed metal lattice. There as forms of LENR that lithium is not a factor or even present. The Holmlid reaction is an example of such a lithium free LENR reaction. The accumulation of infrared photons on the surface of the HRM is the active agent that produces the LENR effect.

The Holmlid reaction is an example of such a lithium free LENR reaction. The accumulation of infrared photons on the surface of the HRM is the active agent that produces the LENR effect.

The energy excess of a lithium free LEN reactions is not so big as in E-cat with lithium (as in the first Focardi papers with nickel roads). The LEN reactions in such setups are likely to be different from that in E-cat. All data are important. But, IMHO, just from the point of LENR field development, it will be more effective at first to solve the more prominent LENR mechanism on a base of lithium usage, since nobody will stay against such huge amount of released energy.

• Official Post

@barty
    you are right ! I was not thinking in that direction..
    Is these difficult to buy the same russian LAH as AP ?

Well, you could even do better than that.

You could order LiAlH4 which has all it's 1H (Protium) atoms replaced by 2H (Deuterium) at american elements for example.
    It is called LiAlD4.

But me356 decided not to pursue the setup with Ni + LiAlH4 anymore because of the dangers associated with it.
    I can fully understand this.

Maybe someone can convince MFMP to try out LiAlD4

• It is possible that I will use these compounds in the future, but I think that they are not required at all. I think that nano powders are rather issue, In normal life we are often holding these things in hands. For example nickel is used nearly everywhere yet it does not present any harm.
    There are many ways which direction you want to go.
    Experiments can be done in a safer way and also with similar or even better results.
    This is related with the stimulation, purity, surface preparation, etc.

• Nickel foam could do that !

What is the size of the pores in this foam ? From my point of view (based on the h-space theory) the diameter of these pores should be in the range of micrometer or less.
    And, second question. How to fill the pores of foam with lithium ?

I have looked at the specification:

Material: Nickel Foam, Purity> 99.99%
    Sold in roll only
    Length: 1m
    Width: 300mm
    Thickness: 1.6 mm
    Net weight: 104g

Surface Density: 346g/m^2
    Porosity: ≥95% (80-110 Pores per Inch)
    Extensibility: Lengthwise≥5%; Widthwise≥12%
    Tensile Strength:Lengthwise≥1.25N/mm^2; Widthwise≥1.00N/mm^2

From number of pores per Inch, in better case the diameter of pore is roughly 0.1 millimeter. If this foam can be filled with nanoparticles of LiAlH, and then squeezed, maybe it will be a right way.

• Main purpose of the lithium in the reactor is to make it breathe as I have described few months ago.
    You can create sudden pressure changes in the reactor (of few bars) up and down just by faster temperature transitions.
    This is used for nickel lattice stimulation. Lithium is acting there in more areas, but this one is main task.
    You do not have to fill pores at all. Lithium can be replaced and stimulation can be done in a very different ways.

• Main purpose of the lithium in the reactor is to make it breathe as I have described few months ago.
    You can create sudden pressure changes in the reactor (of few bars) up and down just by faster temperature transitions.
    This is used for nickel lattice…

IMHO The main purpose of the lithium in fuel is actually that lithium is a fuel - 7Li + H -> alpha particles

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.