Why aren't there any more publications from Piantelli or Focardi?

• Official Post

I have a question.

Rossi has said many times, that Sergio Focardi, who he introduced to us as his professor of physics at the University of Bologna is the discoverer of the
    Ni-H reaction.

I can't find any scientific papers about nuclear physics or physics in general by Sergio Focardi.

Neither in the large italian journals nor in the international journals.

Can anyone point me to his papers? Because I am very interested in his work, which is described by Rossi as preluding the development of the E-Cat.

An 80 year old professor of physics, especially at the university of bologna, should have at least a 100 papers published.

• @Majorana

In your previous post "Socioeconomical ... of LENR", in your "spoiler", you state : "Therefore the energy which is set free by 1 g should be Etotal = 7.3x1021 * 4 *3 * 106 * 1.6*10-19 +2.7 x 1021 * 2 * 3 * 106 * 1.6 * 10-19 = 1.56 x1010 Joule"

However, the Lugano report shows that 1/2 g of Ni produces 1500 KWh during 32 days and it seems all the Ni was transmuted into Ni62 after this period.

Hence, 1g of Ni produces 3000 KWh in 32 days, which is 34 MWh in a year.34 MWh = 12 10^10 Joules

How do you explain this discrepancy between the theoretical value you computed of 1.56 10^10 Joules and this value of 12 10^10 Joules which should be smaller ?
    FM

However, the Lugano report shows that 1/2 g of Ni produces 1500 KWh during 32 days and it seems all the Ni was transmuted into Ni62 after this period.

There is 100% agreemenmt that the Lugano report does not show production of 1500kWh.

The most believer friendly version of the experiment is "well - the errors are so large we cannot tell what it produces, it might be significantly more than 0".

Best wishes, Tom

• Official Post

@Frederic
    You already gave the answer to yourself.So why do you ask?

Why do you think did Rossi only allow the testers to measure for one month?
    I tell you: He knew that this would be the time the isotope transmutations will last.

He did not want the testers to figure out too much therefore he
    restricted the measuring time so they could not measure the "burnout" process, but
    then Rossi made a mistake:

He gave a sample to the testers and thought they would just analyse the chemical composition (EDX).
    He did not think of the possibilty, that the testers could measure the mass spectrum of the sample.
    Probably, he did not know much about ion coupled mass spectrometry nor the existence of this method at all.
    Keep in mind he is a chemist/philosopher not a physicist.

In your calculation the multiplication with the number of months of a year is a mistake.

Now, please, lets not get off-topic any further.

• I think that Piantelli was the man behind Ni-H. Focardi just started collaboration with him few months later. Then few others joined as well.
    I am sure that Rossi was aware of their work before he met with Focardi. So he was sure that it worked already and maybe what was important to be successfull.
    He just added stimulation, lithium and improved fuel processing.

• Official Post

I think that Piantelli was the man behind Ni-H. Focardi just started collaboration with him few months later. Then few others joined as well.
    I am sure that Rossi was aware of their work before he met with Focardi. So he was sure that it worked already…

Okay, but even then, I can ask the same question.

I searched Web of Science for all publications of Francesco Piantelli but I could just find 3 publications.

Anomalous Heat Production in Ni-H Systems

Large excess heat production in Ni-H systems

Neutron emission in Ni-H systems

Can anyone point me to more publications? A professor of physics must have more than 3 publications?!

• You are right, there are just few publications available. Normally you can find tens - hundreds publications of any profesor today.
    But I guess that it is caused by their age. They studied long, long time ago. At this time, personal computers and even internet was not known thing.
    So I think that you can find something just in university libraries.

• Official Post

You are right, there are just few publications available. Normally you can find tens - hundreds publications of any profesor today.
    But I guess that it is caused by their age. They studied long, long time ago. At this time, personal computers and even…

That is no explanation.

I can find hundreds of papers of Enrico Fermi online who already passed away 1954.

All old journals of physics were already digitized years ago and listed in the web of science

Piantelli has worked much later. Still there are no more publications. Why?

Where was / is he based at all? Which University was / is he affiliated to?

• Official Post

me356 are right.
    And They would not become Professors at their Universities without Publishing a number of papers. Which probably only are available today at libraries.
    Here's one more "recent" from Piantelli ;
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/s…cle/pii/S1043661897901894

Okay, then please tell me the university he is affiliated to.

I would like to call the librarians and ask for his papers.

Why in the world is it a pharmacological paper? Is he a physicist or isn't he?

• Did you not note that in the paper? ;)

"b Department of Physics, University of Siena, Siena, Italy"

Have no idea If he's still working at the University.....

correction: Piantelli is now 82 years old, and retired from the University in 2006.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.