1 MW E-Cat Plant Watch Thread [UPDATE #34 — Future Plants Will Need Major Redesign]

• Official Post

[feedquote='E-Cat World','http://www.e-catworld.com/2016/01/23/1-mw-e-cat-plant-watch-thread-update-1-rossi-production-cost-in-kw-is-very-competitive/']Since there are beginning to be more frequent references to the 1 MW E-Cat plant that we have been told will be installed and be open to visitors at some point (perhaps this year, according to Andrea Rossi), I thought I would create a dedicated thread to the topic which I will update as needed, […][/feedquote]

• Official Post

For completeness, this was my question:

• Official Post

Good questioning there Barty! Covered all the angles. Rossi though is pretty good at answering, but not really answering:

Barty:

Your assumption has right of citizenship in the kingdom of logic, but we must be conservative.There are many parts of the plant that need upgrading and the next generation of industrial plants (F9) will be different. I cannot give the details of the parts to be modified, for obvious reasons, but we are talking not just of plumbing and wiring, we are talking of internal structure of the reactors.This plant belongs to the first generation, substantially it is equal to the plant tested in Bologna in the Winter of 2011; the next one will be different and I am already designing it (again: F9).
    Warm Regards,A.R.

• Rossi says:

This plant belongs to the first generation, substantially it is equal to the plant tested in Bologna in the Winter of 2011;

The essential parts of the megacat are the reactors themselves. The interesting thing should be what generation they belong to.

In this interviewhttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-h-bailey/interview-with-andrea-ros_b_8248624.htmlfrom October 2015 Rossi says

Our principal challenge has been reliability, which means to keep the reactors working in a stable mode, producing energy 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Our current system is the end result of thousands of earlier prototypes.

“Thousands”, this means at least 1999 prototypes. Even if they have very different genomes, let us count them as generations. Next the foil-wrapped long-tailed atmospheric pressure cucumber cat appeared on the scene. After this we met the slightly pressurized hissing fat cat that eventually proliferated and marked their territory by taking leaks all over the floor of the blue container. Today the fat cats have been dwarfed by 250 kW modules.

This brings us to at least a generation count of 2002. How many more generations will it take before Rossi is ready to show his hand? At least one it appears.

Since the present cat iteration must be thoroughly redesigned the results from the ongoing test can "obviously" not be disclosed. :(

• Good questions Barty but a better one is why Rossi has not looked for expert help outside his supposed experts and magnificence of a staff. Or why he has not done a single iron clad test. He even has a patent now, worthless though it be. It is inconceivable that he invented the greatest energy source of two centuries almost five years ago and nobody can even prove that it's real. And it's 9 years if you believe his heater for an entire factory was real in 2007 as he claims. Which is more likely? That this technology languishes in Rossi's incompetent care and doesn't get developed in 5 (9) years? Or that Rossi has nothing, had nothing and is simply a fraud which has fooled, flummoxed and bamboozled the best minds of the LENR community?

Don't hold your breath waiting for a convincingly working replication. Replicating Rossi is simply replicating a collection of parts which do nothing. Well... except for extracting lots of money from wishful but incompetent and negligent investment companies. Using other people's money, of course.

• Official Post

For completeness, this was my question:

Quote: “Dear Mr. Rossi, [...]

We are all eager to make Rossi either put a device, even a small one, to market or let him allow scientists to measure without restrictions and influences (he did restrict and influence in Lugano).

But from a psychological point of view we are all making a mistake when communicating with Rossi.

“Thousands”, this means at least 1999 prototypes. Even if they have very different genomes, let us count them as generations. Next the foil-wrapped long-tailed atmospheric pressure cucumber cat appeared on the scene. After this we met the slightly pressurized hissing fat cat that eventually proliferated and marked their territory by taking leaks all over the floor of the blue container. Today the fat cats have been dwarfed by 250 kW modules.This brings us to at least a generation count of 2002. How many more generations will it take before Rossi is ready to show his hand? At least one it appears.

The naming of cats is a difficult matter,
    It isn't just one of your holiday games;
    You my think at first I'm as mad as a hatter
    When I tell you a cat must have THREE DIFFERENT NAMES.

• The first name of the cat is E-Cat.

The second name of the cat may be Copter Cat:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And this may be the only way to make the E-Cat take off.

But the third name of the E-Cat will remain a secret.

• Official Post

But from a psychological point of view we are all making a mistake when communicating with Rossi.

You are right.
    To get a useful answer from Rossi you have to schmooze him ;)

I just wanted to get out what we could expect as a "negative result".
    If he had admitted that he himself after all these years is not sure about the reality of his invention, we could simply tick off the whole debate :thumbdown:

I don't trust Rossi, don't get me wrong. But all this "F9" bullshit is making me crazy :dash:
    I can't believe why @Frank Acland is riding about each word coming out of Rossi.

He may have something, but we can't be sure as long als MFMP or @me356 can not reproduce equal results.
    @me356 recently said he has lately seen a working reactor (D-D variant) himself and is in contact with this team to work on a replication.
    Maybe we will see something soon on the D-D front :)

• Official Post

F9 is just a legal umbrella. he plays the NDA game. He cannot even say it have worked.
    Just watch attorney TV series, and you will understand his game.

Nobody dishonest will care if the E-cat produce COP>6 for 300/400 days, it will have failed.

Just watch Darden, Woodford, Blackrock...

• Official Post

US legal culture is different from French one, and they exploit common knowledge on Legal problems.
    Best it to have a degree in law but this is harder.

Anyway my point is that the F9 game is clearly linked to a NDA.

• @barty

Actually, there is NO WAY to get a straight answer about virtually anything from Rossi. I suppose he could tell you the weather from his balcony of his condo in Miami but even that might be a lie.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.