FP's experiments discussion

• The cell shown on Figure 1 of the F&P paper (1), which you reported in your picture, doesn't correspond to the electrolytic cell model used in the April-May 1992 experiment, as you can see in the "1992 Four-Cell Boil-off" video (2).

Furthermore, as shown in (3), when the water is at about 70°C, the cathode is already at the boiling temperature, ie it is at least 30°C warmer. This occurs when the voltage is about 10 V and the cell is full of liquid water. It's reasonable to conclude that at the end of the boil-off, when voltage is 50 V and the liquid water is only a few millimeters, the cathode can easily reach the melting temperature of the plastic support.

(1) http://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/Fleischmancalorimetra.pdf

(2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBAIIZU6Oj8 - "1992 Four-Cell Boil-Off" (Krivit, 2009)

(3) FP's experiments discussion

• It's reasonable to conclude that at the end of the boil-off, when voltage is 50 V and the liquid water is only a few millimeters, the cathode can easily reach the melting temperature of the plastic support.

Thanks for confirming LENR Ascoli. The heat of the cathode did melt the plastic support!

And yes.. - the paper you discussed now for months shows a different cathode placement. You are just unlucky to notice it just now, when it is to late to find an silent excuse! In the paper you discussed the gap between the plastic (bottom of case) and anode is "large", at least 2cm.

And as you said this proves LENR!

• It's reasonable to conclude that at the end of the boil-off, when voltage is 50 V and the liquid water is only a few millimeters, the cathode can easily reach the melting temperature of the plastic support.

Please Ascoli65 explain with physics rather than words

that it is reasonable

and that the cathode can easily reach...175C

Without numbers, formulas and equations,

Physics is only foamy philosophy.

You said it could be explained easily ? Correct?

The only absolute value which has remained is truth"

• Geez, this gets so abstract and esoteric. Szpak already?

Most people including scientists and engineers who have even bothered to look at the current claims for cold fusion are skeptical or negative. The reason is that nobody can show them a device which reliably, reproducibly and verifiably self runs for long periods while producing plenty of heat. It's really that simple. Of course Jed will tell you that this has already been achieved but that was long ago and in a galaxy far far away. The art seems to have been lost or is not being practiced currently. What's needed to gain respect and belief is to provide that evanescent or mythical device now.

• Official Post

Most people including scientists and engineers who have even bothered to look at the current claims for cold fusion are skeptical or negative

Only recent one I know of to look at LENR and find nothing was Coolesense. They shut down last year, but continue to help others, and attend conferences...so they must still have some belief in it. The other to look at it, and then shut the lab down was SKINR. As it turned out though, they had some success, but according to Dewey and McCubre had some organizational issues they could not overcome.

So as RB has already done, I challenge you to back your statement.

• Thanks for confirming LENR Ascoli. The heat of the cathode did melt the plastic support!

No, I didn't. I said I'm not even sure the plastic melted, because in such a case the experimenters would have taken some photos and published them. But, even in the case it melted, it's nothing extraordinary. The cathode could have easily reached the melting temperature thanks to electric heating only.

And yes.. - the paper you discussed now for months shows a different cathode placement. You are just unlucky to notice it just now, when it is to late to find an silent excuse!

No, you are wrong. I raised this n-th discrepancy in the F&P paper almost a month ago:

From FP's experiments discussion

Another 3 black horizontal lines indicate as many fixed reference levels with respect to the longitudinal section shown on the left side. […] This longitudinal section has been taken from Figure 1 of F&P paper (4), but probably its internals don't correspond exactly to the cell model used in the reported tests.

(4) http://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/Fleischmancalorimetra.pdf

In the paper you discussed the gap between the plastic (bottom of case) and anode is "large", at least 2cm.

No, it isn't. In the comment below yours, RobertBryant provided the best evidence for what I said. The background drawing appears at the beginning (from t=0:04 to 0:32) of the "1992 Four-Cell Boil-Off" video (1) and is identical to Figure 1 in the F&P paper (2).

The image he superimposed to the drawing is Cell 3 at about t=1:09 of the video. You can see that the internals are different. The anode is much smaller and cathode is inside it. Both rests on the plastic support (the white horizontal bar under the anodic spiral).

The video shows the real set-up of the electrodes at t=0:32. Do you see? Contrary to what is shown in Figure 1, they are in contact with the support. No gap!

And as you said this proves LENR!

You desperately miss any valid argument to defend the trueness of the F&P paper.

(1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBAIIZU6Oj8 - "1992 Four-Cell Boil-Off" (Krivit, 2009)

(2) http://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/Fleischmancalorimetra.pdf

• The video shows the real set-up of the electrodes at t=0:32. Do you see? Contrary to what is shown in Figure 1, they are in contact with the support. No gap!

As usual Ascoli evidence rests solely on a grainy video.

His only evidence.

So why is the accurate drawing in the video at all... is this just

Fleischmann enchanting the viewer?

How can any absolute scientific evidence be based on such poor

evidence?

The only absolute value which has remained is truth"

In Ascoli's evidence it all Ascoli interpretation

never... absolute truth

• Most people including scientists and engineers who have even bothered to look at the current claims for cold fusion are skeptical or negative.

.. and these people have chosen you to represent them??

The cathode could have easily reached the melting temperature thanks to electric heating only.

Heating needs current Ascoli. If the water level is below the anode nothing happens...

• First, no one has spent $500 million on cold fusion. That's ridiculous.

No one? You are a genius of rhetoric. Oh yes, I agree: no (single) one has spent $500 million on cold fusion. But all together? Well, ask Storms:

From http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/StormsEastudentsg.pdf

"COLD FUSION … Has been studied for 23 years using about $0.5 B".

Consider also that in the missing last 7 years, the Ecat initiative alone has collected about $70 millions thanks also to your support. Then there is the SKINR initiative, some residual or new public researches mainly in USA, Japan and Italy, probably some millions from the Gates Foundation, other minor initiatives throughout the world and so you reach another $100 millions to add to the Storms estimate.

Second, no one is paid to believe in cold fusion.

These are your words (1): "If funding becomes available, overnight hundreds of major scientists will say they believed in cold fusion all along."
    The funding that was available for CF has been estimated by Storms.

Everyone can draw his conclusions.

On the contrary, scientist who believe in cold fusion had their funding taken away. In some cases they were forced into early retirement or fired.

Including the academics who have tested and stated the extraordinary performances of the Ecat?

The locus of opposition to cold fusion is the plasma fusion project. Those people are being paid to not believe in cold fusion.

No, they support each other (2).

(1) https://www.lenr-forum.com/for…d/?postID=29093#post29093

(2) Public funding of investigations into LENR?

• As usual Ascoli evidence rests solely on a grainy video.

His only evidence.

Well, speaking about evidences, it is evident that the only defense line for the F&P supporters is the alleged low quality of videos. Strange, the same videos should have shown "the dramatic heat effect of the cold fusion reaction on the water fuel" (1).

In any case, don't worry, the videos are on the internet, waiting to be analyzed by people more experienced than you and me.

However, if you want a quick response directly by your eyes, there is a video with even better images (2). Look at t=00:28. Is it a grainy image? Are you able to see the electrodes resting on the support? Then go at t=00:48 and look at the date: 23 6 1992. Only a few weeks after the F&P experiment reported in their ICCF3 paper. Finally, please go at t=00:55 and you will find both the electrodes resting on the support and the date.

Heating needs current Ascoli. If the water level is below the anode nothing happens...

For what I have just said above, the water level can't be below the electrodes.

(1) https://coldfusionnow.org/flei…roduction-to-cold-fusion/

(2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OQu44UIC_s – Truthloader video

• The SKINR initiative after two years of negative results produced undeniable positive results

Then there is the SKINR initiative,

unless Ascoli65 believes all the SKINR researchers were enchanted by Fleischmann to believe that nickel

and rhodium.. which F&P never know about ..... produced these positive results

D.D. Dominguez, D.A. Kidwell, G.K. Hubler, S-F Cheng, M.A. Imam, K.S. Grabowski and D.L. Knies U.S. Naval Research Laboratory Washington, DC 20375........... 2012

• Are you able to see the electrodes resting on the support?

So if Ascoli65 believes in resting on the support

Please explain how a conductive palladium cathode

can heat up to 175C while maintaining a liquid bubbling film at 105C

between it and the anode

that is necessary for maintaining the electric current .

that is heating it

You said that this could be explained easily.

You may use a lifeline to a friendly physicist

if you so wish.

You have one hour.. since it is easy.. as you say

• A person who claims that liquid water and foam can exist in a test tube at 1 atm and ~175 deg C is not competent at anything. As a troll, Ascoli makes his own side look terrible, not ours.

Thank you. You are so kind to put me in a confortable situation. If I'm wrong, I will be justified by my incompetence, if I am right, well, it will be a little satisfaction for a person not competent at anything.

On the contrary, you are not so kind with your CFers friends. Suppose it turns out I'm right. If a person not competent at anything finds in a few weeks of analysis of some documents found by chances on internet, that F&P mistaken foam for boiling water in their main experiment, reported misrepresented data on their main paper and were badly wrong about their main conclusions, how it will be considered your side, that was in possession of those documents and many others for almost 30 years?

• Most people including scientists and engineers who have even bothered to look at the current claims for cold fusion are skeptical or negative.

Okay, name three of those people. Where did they publish?

You made that up. There are no such people, and there are no such evaluations.

The reason is that nobody can show them a device which reliably, reproducibly and verifiably self runs for long periods while producing plenty of heat.

That's absurd. This is an experimental science claim. No one in history would hold an experimental claim to such standards. That's like expecting the Curies to produce a nuclear bomb instead of a sample the produces 0.1 W. It is like demanding that the Wright brothers first airplane flight should have been across the Atlantic to Europe, nonstop.

Of course Jed will tell you that this has already been achieved but that was long ago and in a galaxy far far away.

I have never said anything remotely like that. You made that up.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.