FP's experiments discussion

• LENR has hundreds of scientists with real addresses and real lives and real papers

of which over 1000 scientific papers are documented at

https://lenr-canr.org/

the avatar Ascoli65 has no name , no address and no life

it has a virtual existence only..

Well, this is the explanation given by a real science insider, that your virtual avatar cherry-picked for you from a recent comment posted by the real LENR-CANR librarian.

From FP's experiments discussion [bold added]

[...]

The stories about new particles, dark matter and additional dimensions were repeated in countless media outlets from before the launch of the L.H.C. until a few years ago. What happened to those predictions? The simple answer is this: Those predictions were wrong — that much is now clear.

The trouble is, a “prediction” in particle physics is today little more than guesswork. (In case you were wondering, yes, that’s exactly why I left the field.) In the past 30 years, particle physicists have produced thousands of theories whose mathematics they can design to “predict” pretty much anything. For example, in 2015 when a statistical fluctuation in the L.H.C. data looked like it might be a new particle, physicists produced more than 500 papers in eight months to explain what later turned out to be merely noise. The same has happened many other times for similar fluctuations, demonstrating how worthless those predictions are.

You see? It fits perfectly with LENR.

• the avatar Ascoli65 has no name and no paper

On the other there are are hundreds of real scientists who have written scientific papers on LENR

Number 1. Alexander Karabut

Experimentalist

from Alexander Karabut: A Russian Scientist’s

Tenacity and Contribution

by Marianne Macy

Karabut2.jpg

Photo courtesy of Nataliya Famina

Dr. Alexander Borisovich Karabut died on March 15, 2015. His friend and colleague Dr. Yuri Bazhutov reported that Karabut passed away in the hospital after suffering a stroke.

Dr. Karabut got his Ph.D. from State Technical University, Moscow in 1987. A prolific and inventive nuclear engineer, inventor and experimenter, Karabut worked at the Scientific Research Institute and Scientific Industrial Association in Podolsk, commonly known as LUCH. He was a senior researcher at LUCH at the time of his death.

Nataliya Famina, friend and colleague of Karabut, reported that a seminar in memory of Dr. Karabut was held on March 24. She, Irina Savvatimova and Alexey Roussetski spoke about Karabut’s life and work. Famina reported, “Irina and Alexander published their first paper on cold fusion shortly after Fleischmann and Pons. Irina said that they had observed the effect of excess heat long before F&P, they hadn’t paid attention, they had been more interested in transmutation.”

Of course ... who will mourn an avatar?

On the other there are are hundreds of real scientists who have written scientific papers on LENR

Number 1. Alexander Karabut

Alexander Karabut was way ahead of Wyttenbach et al in suggesting that metastable isomers were

significant in the LENR process and indeed used gamma spectrometers much earlier to pick up their

signatures.

In addition Karabut managed to do calorimetry on his deuterium palladium glow discharges

which was quite an experimental feat in 1992. using a totally different calorimetry procedure to that

of Fleischman and Pons in 1990.. but confirmed what he had observed for many years prior.....

that there was xs heat.

Karabut observed that there were neutrons emitted in small amounts.. and gamma,X kev and charged particles in larger amounts

but that the xs heat was 1000 to 10000 times in xs of the heats due to these emissions.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=…Vaw3c6HHJSpt3N_CDVq6EaSLX

Karabut's experimental expertise was recognised by Peter Hagelstein, who mourned his death.

Of course ... who will mourn an avatar?

7498-480-a526-jpg

• consensus it raises among the active magicians

Well, if one considers LENR being just magic, then it's difficult.

They wrote "our major paper on the calorimetry …" on an article published in July 1992

Yes, I do not think their later work changed their opinion of their own work. The initial major paper from 1990 also described their initial discovery, which was heat bursts at temperature much below boiling temperatures.

You don't see the big issue because you didn't look closely at the numbers on Table 2

The table seems to show a range of possible excess heat, ranging from a low Kr value to more realistic Kr which produce higher Excess.

It should not be surprising that one would like to present ranges of results based on possible ranges of input parameters.

The point would be that if all are positive, i.e. excess heat, then there are some mysteries to be solved.

The fact that F&P never admitted to be wrong

Well, may be they were not you see ;)

They presented sound arguments against all of Wilsons comments. He should have replied.

Evidently, Wilson and his colleagues were not paid by GE for losing more time

Well, if I where Wilson I would have made a reply in any case, it would not take much resource to answer. At least just to save some of my reputation ;)

The Hansen report is interesting

Yes it is, and yes they do agree on the mystery, ref

So Hansen where very positive in their analysis [3].

[1] http://www.newenergytimes.com/…schmannM-SomeComments.pdf

[2] https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/Fleischmancalorimetr.pdf

[3] https://www.newenergytimes.com…-ReportToTheUtahState.pdf

• Official Post

And - if you think Karabut's work is as interesting as I do, here is some more - plus related papers from JR's 'lenr-canr.org.'

POSSIBLE NUCLEAR REACTIONS MECHANISMS AT GLOW ...

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/KarabutABpossiblenu.pdf

File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat POSSIBLE NUCLEAR REACTIONS MECHANISMS. AT GLOW DISCHARGE IN DEUTERIUM. A.B. Karabut, Y.R. Kucherov, I.B. Savvatimova. Scientific Industrial ...

Thinking about cold fusion experiments

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/Hagelsteinmodelingka.pdf

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSumN-cU2XMUYCWqrYAnM0o_hjhrKMwXR1zZVwhQpWYaEwCngPrLwhP6CNe File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat Modeling Karabut's collimated x-rays, and excess heat in the Piantelli NiH exp't. Peter Hagelstein. Research Laboratory of Electronics. MIT. ILENRS-12, July 3, ...

analysis of experimental results on excess heat power production ...

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/KarabutABanalysisof.pdf

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIKa12Ji9vCqO_7Bhnh7jrWewRO9qgI0xepgQTEFzVocOpNpA6VAtw6tm0 File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat Karabut, A.B. Analysis of Experimental Results on Excess Heat Power Production , Impurity Nuclides Yield in the. Cathode Material and Penetrating Radiation in ...

experimental research into secondary penetrating radiation when ...

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/KarabutABexperiment.pdf

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQj6vOTMhsXEnysIvEt290TH0NlAbbSE93A85ZlmiFa28UpJUFZJlCVOpw File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat A. B. KARABUT. FSUE SIA “LUCH”, 24 Zheleznodorozhnaja Street. Podolsk, Moscow Region 142100, Russia. Tel.: (095) 5508129; fax: (095) 5508129;. E- mail: ...

x-ray emission in the high-current glow discharge experiments

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/KarabutABxrayemissi.pdf

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMddexY0XYKRaRSoX3JrxHKje1mly0LxQOEzzlcbDQu7Q8Y8rdOsCighAN File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat Karabut, A.B. X-ray emission in the high-current glow discharge experiments. in The 9th International. Conference on Cold Fusion, Condensed Matter Nuclear ...

ANOMALOUS ENHANCEMENT OF DD-REACTION, ALPHA ...

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/LipsonAGanomalouse.pdf

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlWEmWqJhd0Qc9m0cssAbcX5-KHgJ5QRdQgwaN-lb0LRjFRGdRPUS-XIU File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat Lipson, A.G., A.B. Karabut, and A.S. Roussetsky. Anomalous enhancement of DD -reaction, alpha emission and X-ray generation in the high current pulsing ...

JOURNAL OF CONDENSED MATTER NUCLEAR SCIENCE

lenr-canr.org/acrobat/BiberianJPjcondensedu.pdf

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmTg5RC2X0yzN7wRCKgjgL_USDwMabqkXK6y__9Px55wTLXUKuGJapAKQ File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat ... Mitchell R. Swartz and Peter L. Hagelstein. Probabilistic Models for Beam, Spot , and Line Emission for Collimated X-ray Emission in the Karabut Experiment.

study of energetic and temporal characteristics of x-ray emission ...

http://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/KarabutABstudyofene.pdf

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQX3xQoJ-OaLQeIQJ8nvqbfayiBZruoXWkp9d52ize5ZduPu0CcjHluSCQ File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat A.B.Karabut. FSUE “LUCH” 24 Zheleznodorozhnaya St, Podolsk, Moscow Region, 142100, Russia. Experimental results on X-ray emission characteristics from ...

TWO ZONES OF "IMPURITIES" OBSERVED AFTER PROLONGED

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/BockrisJtwozonesof.pdf

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3aCcwl8ePa5j6ubVDEICnyiOV_nugiLJluEQboQW8GRWfujNPN6aGmb5t File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat capture”). These results are similar to those of Karabut, Kucherov and Sammatinova (2) who found many new materials formed in palladium after electrolysis.
  • Number 1. Alexander Karabut

• Are you going to talk about each of the hundreds of CF/LENR people who claimed to have observed excess heat replicating the F&P effect or in another original way?

In this case you should start a new thread, this one is dedicated to the F&P's experiments and I'm still waiting for your answer on the "IMRA time lapse" video posted by Rothwell:

FP's experiments discussion

Btw. I don't know how much clever and reliable Number 1 was, but those who are still interested in the Ecat saga can read his late opinions quoted in this article: https://translate.google.com/tanslate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=http://vz.ru/columns/2015/3/12/733833.html&prev=search

On the other there are hundreds of real scientists who have written scientific papers on LENR

Alexander Karabut ..No.1...

-Ph.D. 1987. from State Technical University, Moscow ( similar to MIT in USA

- worked as weapons scientist (until the labs were were closed post-USSR).

-from a nuclear background,, not an electrochemist like Bockris.. or Fleischmann ..

- more competent to investigate the significance of the isotopic composition on LENR

Nuclear tools:

- glow discharge chamber in which cathodes, such as Pd, could be loaded with deuterium. maximum voltage ~1500 V, the maximum current ~ 100 mA.

-flow calorimeter , gamma,X detectors etc.

Findings -some.. there are many more.

1. Emissions of ~14 MeV Alpha particles , ~~3 MeV protons identified when the cathodes were Pd, Ti and Ni, but not Ta.

2. Emissions of Gamma rays A 10hr glow discharge current with a Pd cathode produced gamma activity observable for ~ 8 days after turning the current off. Many radio isotopes were identified by peaks position and decay times including metastable isomers.

3. Anomalous non-radioactive nuclide production in the cathode

e.g for Iron (50% 57Fe near the surface of the palladium and 30% 57Fe at 400 nm depth, versus 2.2% in ‘natural’iron.).

4. The rates of nuclide production were significant but much less than the rate that would account for the excess heat generation

5. Coherent x-ray emission, associated with atomic L and M levels of heavier atoms.

Karabut -a great Russian soul

unlike the avatar Ascoli65

Does an avatar have a soul? or a sole ?

• Yes, I do not think their later work changed their opinion of their own work. The initial major paper from 1990 [...]

If you refer to the 1990 paper as their "initial" (ie provisional) major paper, it makes sense, but it remains that the ICCF3 paper of 1992 is considered the "final" (ie definitive) major paper of MF.

The table seems to show a range of possible excess heat, ranging from a low Kr value to more realistic Kr which produce higher Excess.

It should not be surprising that one would like to present ranges of results based on possible ranges of input parameters.

Not at all. On the contrary, it should be very surprising, if you consider what F&P claimed in the same paper about the accuracy of their calorimetry.

However, as I have already told you, I'm willing to better explain this point and the other issues of 1990 paper, but I would prefer as first to conclude the discussion about the 1992 one.

Well, may be they were not you see

May be. In any case, in this discussion I showed some factual evidences, taken from their documents, which IMO demonstrate that F&P were wrong. The fact that they denied to be wrong doesn't disprove my remarks, which can be confuted only on the same factual basis, not by appealing to the authority of F&P or any other scientist who endorsed their claims.

Yes it is, and yes they do agree on the mystery, ref

[…]

So Hansen where very positive in their analysis [3].

Hansen begins the paragraph you quoted with the usual "If". Moreover, he completely base himself on F&P data and approach. The real mystery for me is how it was possible that a professor in physics and chemistry could even shortly have thought that the Qf curves shown on Figure 3 and 4 of his paper were representative of a real excess heat of a possible nuclear nature.

Anyway, as for the 1990 paper, I'm willing to discuss about this other document after the completion of the debate on the 1992 paper. I hope you agree that it's not fair to jump from a document to another leaving its analysis halfway.

So, if you still think that F&P were right in their 1992 paper, I would invite you to answer the same questions on its 2 conclusions that I have already put many times, for example in FP's experiments discussion

• Avatar has no soul, he is a radish

Нефть - это кровь планеты, надо сделать модель планеты и мы получим генератор Тарасенко, эта энергия покорит вселенную! :lenr:

• Well. Start a new thread on the real discoverer of the Cold Fusion. This one is dedicated to F&P's experiments.

unlike the avatar Ascoli65

Does an avatar have a soul? or a sole ?

I wonder if you, and those who echo you, have a sense of ridicule and a face to be ashamed of for such arguments.

But I realize that they are the only ones you can oppose to my remarks.

• Of course Dash was not an electrochemist

but he was a metallurgist

and indeed was brave enough to experiment with uranium LENR

something that Fleischmann talked about.. but never quite got around to

"In April 1989, my department head asked me to try to reproduce the results reported a few weeks earlier by Fleischmann and Pons.

We had previously studied the electrolysis of water with an acidic electrolyte

, so we used the same composition, except that heavy water was substituted for light water in the electrolyte.

Using a small (about 1 sq. cm), cold rolled palladium foil cathode about 25 μm thick,

we observed macroscopic plastic deformation of the cathode soon after the start of electrolysis.

I had never seen such behavior in my 30 years of research on electrolysis.

In his research he never referenced any avatar with cherries:)

• you refer to the 1990 paper as their "initial"

Sorry, I meant seminal ;)

One could argue there are several major papers of F&P, but THE most important by far is the 1990 paper.

The 1990 paper started the whole new area of science, and all its branches ;)

The 1992 paper did not start any new branches, and therefore is not as important.

The 1990 is 3 times as big in volume as the 1992 paper, which in itself do not say anything of the quality, but say something of the scope and importance.

The excess heat below boiling is undisputed to this day, I.e. the critics never answered Fleischmans reply to their criticism.

As earlier discussed the 1992 paper may have errors, but I believe the main point was proven, that excess heat increase at higher temperatures of the cell.

But, in the future history books wet D-Pd systems may well become known as a dead end wrt practical usable LENR, but how it all started will never be forgotten ;)

real mystery for me is how it was possible that a professor in physics

Well, as the professors of chemistry and physics knew is that there are only two choices (if you discard errors then ;) ) Either the cause is chemical or the cause of heat is some nuclear phenomenon.

We know what power and energy densities that chemical processes may produce, and if the measured heat is above, then you need to consider the alternative, as F&P and Hansen pointed to.

• One could argue there are several major papers of F&P, but THE most important by far is the 1990 paper.

This is just your opinion and, in any case, the 1990 paper was wrong, as shown on Table 2 of their response to Wilson.

As earlier discussed the, but I believe the main point was proven, that excess heat increase at higher temperatures of the cell.

You can believe what you want, but the real main points of that ICCF3 paper are the 2 conclusions at the beginning of page 19, which, as amply shown in this discussion, are both completely wrong, so they have not been proven at all.

Your "1992 paper may have errors" means that you, as well as any other LENR supporter in this Forum, are unable to refute that F&P misrepresented the data of their most famous experiment, the 4-cell boil-off test documented in their major paper.

Either the cause is chemical or the cause of heat is some nuclear phenomenon.

For what I've seen so far in CF/LENR (from F&P to the Ecat) the cause of the "real heat" is electricity, while the cause of the alleged "excess heat" is a combination of misrepresentation of data, misinterpretation of physics and mathematical artifacts.

• The scientific work of Karabut and Dash is outstandingly brilliant and has restored my interest in LENR after the Rossi debacle. Might be best to scrap all thoughts of replicating any of that and move on to study D or H gas discharges in Karabut-type reactor chambers. Keep the Mo anode the same dimensions but extend a Ni cathode (Pd would be better but maybe too expensive) to a much larger surface area to generate the extra heat + link this (via the casing) to a heat exchanger.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.