FP's experiments discussion

• The scientific work of Karabut and Dash

Fleischmann and Pons in their seminal 1990 work and

subsequent research had a focus on excess heat.

In contrast other LENR researchers from a wide range of fields

Alain, why are the Low Energy NUCLEAR Reactions (re)searchers never trained NUCLEAR physicists?

including trained nuclear physicists, metallurgists, engineers and chemists,geologist

have covered many aspects of the LENR reactions.

Both Karabut and Dash (Dashevski in Ukrainian) were intensely interested in the isotopic changes

Karabut had the advantage of a strong nuclear background and better instrumentation (at that time~1990).

This is why Karabut could identifiy metastable isotopes such as Rhodium 104m.

The only known source would be synchrotons or atomic reactors

not a deuterium tube at ~100V with a palladium cathode.

The reference knowledge was not available on Wikipedia as it is today.

So the significance of these results was not realised for a long time.

What caused the LENR reactions producing Rh104m, Rh105m, Pd109m etc which do not exist naturally???????

• their method provides random numbers, as shown by F&P themselves in their response to Wilson's remarks (2). Table 2 shows three different sets of excess heat values (Qf/W) calculated for the calibration cycles shown on Fig.3A-B-C of the seminal paper issued in 1990. Well, 2 of these 3 sets, those in the last 2 columns, have been both calculated by F&P and are very different each other

I believe you misunderstand the paper [1]. The excess heat values Qf is calculated at different times and is of course not constant. The Fig.3A-B-C is just some examples of many similar events of calibration and Qf calculation.

If the excess heat where constant we might suspect some calibration constant error that a certain K... have suggested ;)

And of particular interest is the number of blank experiments showing as expected no excess heat.

But the most interesting mystery in my opininon is not the low excess heat events, but the random high excess heat bursts that occurred, which calculates to far beyond any chemical reaction power densities.

[1] https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/Fleischmancalorimetr.pdf

• OT and ad hominem.

Science is made by named persons. "OT and ad hominem" can only be made against named persons.

You are an avatar that uses "professional fake new speeding" techniques. Thus serious people long time ago stopped reading your nonsense.

If you want to proceed on a more serious basis given us just your background and affiliation.

• Science is made by named persons.

Science is made by identifying real facts and providing the correct interpretations.

"OT and ad hominem" can only be made against named persons.

The issue of the anonymity of the L-F members was discussed a few months ago and it was decided that anons are welcomed as the named ones and should be treated the same way (*). An ad hominem arguments remains such regardless of who is addressed.

(*) Anonymous vs Real Name, or members option to decide?

You are an avatar that uses "professional fake new speeding" techniques.

Well, actually, I'd be an L-F member who uses an anonymous avatar, as allowed in this forum. I'm not using any other technique than reading carefully the CF/LENR documents and highlighting their errors, as I've been invited to do. In doing this, I try to be as professional as possible. As for the "fake news", I'm sorry, it doesn't depend on me, but on the subject I'm dealing with.

Thus serious people long time ago stopped reading your nonsense.

It's a legitimate decision. However, I was told that someone from the "old guard" is reading what I'm writing. You too keep on intervening in the debate, liking many comments (not mine, of course), so I wish you you just wrote a nonsense. As for mine, you have the opportunity to demonstrate they are such.

If you want to proceed on a more serious basis given us just your background and affiliation.

Well, you should understand that we are talking about claims made by people who decided to apply directly - through the media - to the ordinary people, ie millions of anonymous citizens in the world, telling them that they had discovered the way of solving their most serious and urgent problems. It should not be a so big problem if one of this citizen argues that they were wrong.

But you are free to ignore me. For what I have seen so far, the scientific level of the debate will not suffer from your absence.

• Alain, why are the Low Energy NUCLEAR Reactions (re)searchers never trained NUCLEAR physicists?

LENR has hundreds of scientists with real addresses and real lives and real papers

of which over 1000 scientific papers are documented at

https://lenr-canr.org/

No 3 Mahadeva Srinivasan

I joined BARC in August 1957. BARC has a training school which recruits about 150-200 scientists every year

They call for applications from all over India.

Usually 2000, 3000, or sometimes 5000 people apply, all first-class graduates.

I belonged to the first batch, recruited way back in 1957. ....

. My specialization has been in the area of nuclear engineering and reactor physics,

..criticality experiments, nuclear instrumentation, and so on. ..neutron measurements

. I spent about two years at the Argonne National Lab (USA) in 1961-1962,

and later a couple of years at the Chalk River Nuclear Laboratories in Canada (19681970).

Since then, I’ve been in charge of fission criticality experiments and fusion-related research at BARC....

Srinivasan is reponsible for much LENR research.

As an example was identification of tritium production in metals which were loaded with deuterium.

Of course tritium is a product of high energy neutron reactions

it is produced either by neutrons in fission reactors

( Fukushima is still contaminated with tritium)

or by high energy cosmic rays in the upper atmosphere....

and tritium production in the low energy situation

of loading the metals titanium and palladium with deuterium ....

indicated that LENR was occurring.

• Now where a new area of physics is just starting, where more and more people can reproduce the way (LENR) nature produce all elements and seismic relevant energy, there are still many people that believe in an old religion based on the so called standard model.

This evolving schism is a natural phenom that does accompany mankind since culture was introduced.

But if we know that such persons believing in the old religion want to tell us the new one (LENR) is not existing.., then we the knowledgeable, simply name such people unskilled in the art. People that never saw an elephant have no right to say elephants don't exist. It's a matter of taste to call them idiots, ignorants, fools or just simple minded.

Unluckily for the "old believers" we can prove that LENR exists, what for religions is a hard task.., that only can be completed by inquisition.

Pons & Fleischmann had the guts to out themselves as the first ones "believing" in the data (LENR) they measured for years long. They were not the first ones that measured anomalous heat - this happened already at least half a century earlier - but as said they, P&F, had the courage to tell the world that old physics is wrong, what has, in the last 30 years, been privately confirmed by many great physicists, that.., didn't want to risk their pension.

That's why I always will reference P&F in first place in a paper about LENR!

• A monologue is not a debate.

I know, thanks, but mine is not a monologue. More than 90% of my posts are in response to other comments addressed to me or that mention me.

A monologue is more similar to what RobertBryant is doing (1-2) by listing all the LENR researchers trained in nuclear physics, addressing his comments to a former L-F member who is permanently banned and using as a pretest a post written 3 years ago. Maybe, this behavior could be of some interest to a mod which is interested in maintaining a fair context, where to develop a serious debate on the issues raised by a the still active L-F member, even if he personally dislikes these same issues.

(1) FP's experiments discussion

(2) FP's experiments discussion

• I believe you misunderstand the paper [1]. The excess heat values Qf is calculated at different times and is of course not constant. The Fig.3A-B-C is just some examples of many similar events of calibration and Qf calculation.

No, this is not my point. It is obvious that different calibration events can give different values.
    I already provided you with some suggestions on my point on the Table 2 in the F&P response to Wilson.

But again, there is another point which is much more urgent. You are by now the last L-F member who is still trying to affirm the reality of the F&P claims by using scientific arguments. I appreciate your commitment and I'm willing to discuss all your points. But if we don't reach a sort of agreement for each paper we discuss, our debate becomes a waste of time for us and for those who are following it.

For now the priority is on the ICCF3 paper and we should first find a definitive agreement or disagreement on the following points that I have put on the table:

a – the 2 conclusions (*) in the F&P paper presented at ICCF3 were both wrong;

b – if confirmed, the errors contained in this 1992 paper have a serious impact on the scientific reliability of the two authors.

Then we will examine the other F&P papers.

(*) for details see FP's experiments discussion and upwards links

• the foam of beer

to beer or not to beer... that is the question

can an Avatar drink?

Pons & Fleischmann had the guts to out themselves as the first ones "believing" in the data (LENR) they measured for years long

But many others confirmed their 1989 excess heat..with LENR

including .... Dash(Dashevski) and Karabut....

and as recently as 2018 ... Michael Slaker ,,

metallurgist Loyola University,2018

• a – the 2 conclusions (*) in the F&P paper presented at ICCF3 were both wrong;

b – if confirmed, the errors contained in this 1992 paper have a serious impact on the scientific reliability of the two authors.

For a - I would say we may challenge the energy or power density identified by F&P. But as I showed earlier there seems to be an increase in excess heart at increased temperatures towards and approaching boiling.

Anyhow, I do not think of this later work as important as the earlier research, and therefore to me this issue is not important - because -

for b - I absolutely disagree. All scientists makes blunders and mistakes through their careers, they are only humans ;)

Yes, even at CERN when they thought to have proven Neutrinos travelled faster than light :)

There is no question that F&P where Honest researchers, but that does not mean they did no mistakes.

The 92/93 papers is very different from their earlier work, where the earlier work focused at lower temperatures below boiling and therefore they would be able to be more accurate in their measurements.

SO I have full confidence in their seminal paper and the discovery they made, which brought us this new controversial area of science. But if no one confirmed their seminal paper, then I would not be here today. But as they did confirm it around the world, I believe there is something worth investigating.

Cold Fusion is generally considered by science and historians as among the biggest scientific blunders of the 20th century. Personally I believe they will be proven wrong, just as it took some time to bring back the Cosmological Constant of Einstein, "his biggest blunder" ;)

• Official Post

Maybe, this behavior could be of some interest to a mod which is interested in maintaining a fair context, where to develop a serious debate on the issues raised by a the still active L-F member, even if he personally dislikes these same issues.

This has nothing to do with fairness or anything else. As for dislike, I think disinterest would be a more accurate summation of my reaction to your posts on the whole. You are attempting to pull the rug out from a whole field of investigation by harping on about some bubbles that may or may not be critical to experiments performed decades ago. To hell (as far as you are concerned it seems) with all the evidence from countless experiments and peer-reviewed papers showing LENR reactions elsewhere that have been pointed out to you over and over. It is if you were arguing that because the Pripet Marshes are flat, the the whole world must be flat. You have become like that person who drags out his holiday photos every time you see them, and that as we all know becomes very boring.

• Anyhow, I do not think of this later work as important as the earlier research, and therefore to me this issue is not important - because -

for b - I absolutely disagree. All scientists makes blunders and mistakes through their careers, they are only humans

Yes, even at CERN when they thought to have proven Neutrinos travelled faster than light

There is no question that F&P where Honest researchers, but that does not mean they did no mistakes.

[...]
    Cold Fusion is generally considered by science and historians as among the biggest scientific blunders of the 20th century. Personally I believe they will be proven wrong, just as it took some time to bring back the Cosmological Constant of Einstein, "his biggest blunder"

I skip point (a) and assume, from what you wrote, that you agree that F&P made the errors I was talking about (correct me if it's not true).

As I already said, there is no problem with scientists making blunders or mistakes, it's human, but it is expected that they recognize and correct their errors asap. In fact, you cited two famous example of mistakes, superluminal neutrinos and the cosmological constant, that have been admitted by their makers.

Furthermore, F&P were in complete control of all the data of the boil-off test. Their experiment consisted simply of 4 electrolytic cells in a water bath, nothing compared to the extent of the universe or the flight time of hardly detectable particles shot across hundreds of km of earth's crust.

The errors made by F&P are really blatant. The time length of 600 s used in the estimate of excess heat at page 16 of their 1992 paper doesn't even correspond to the 11 minutes mentioned in another page of the same document and is much shorter than the boil-off durations indicated in their lab video. The error concerning the 3 hours reported in Fig.8 is even worse, because it implies an error in the conversion of time units.

F&P were well aware of the importance of an accurate synchronization between the various experimental data. On page 14 of their 1992 paper they wrote: "The simplest procedure is to make time-lapse video recordings of the operation of the cells which can be synchronised with the temperature-time and cell potential-time data." And just below they added: "As it is possible to repeatedly reverse and run forward the video recordings at any stage of operation, it also becomes possible to make reasonably accurate estimates of the cell contents."

Could you explain how it was possible that they misrepresented the duration of the boil-off period and the time of dry-out in Fig.8?

The 92/93 papers is very different from their earlier work, where the earlier work focused at lower temperatures below boiling and therefore they would be able to be more accurate in their measurements.

The boiling temperature is not a so hard condition to deal with, anyway the errors in their 1992 paper, and in the almost identical 1993 article, concerned time, not temperature. The boil-off experiment were also carried out in a period of their CF research during which F&P enjoyed the maximum financial and material support and were free from any other academic burden. Why should we believe that their earlier works were not affected by such blatant errors as those contained in their 1992 paper?

• Pons & Fleischmann had the guts to out themselves as the first ones

In contrast, anonymous trolls hide behind in their avatars

they fade quietly into nonentity when they are 100% proved erroneous.

But this cowardly anonymity is no worse than the

..silence of the informed.

... an instance of course is the Quirra depleted uranium coverup

where Generale Fabio Molteni attributed Sardinian birth mutants to

"They are all relatives, relatives

They marry between cousins, brothers one another"2012 SwissTV.

But informed scientists in Italy were mostly silent

which is why Australian journalist, Emma Alberici finds Quirra newsworthy in 2019.. even seven years after

https://www.researchgate.net/p…of_Translational_Medicine

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

lenr-forum.com/attachment/7559/

• that you agree that F&P made the errors I was talking about

Not necessarily. I say there may be some issues, but it's not important for the existence of LENR. Everyone makes some error through their careers, and this is not their important discovery. There is another phenomenon that interests me, which is the heat bursts as I explained, and which is the Mystery.

In fact, you cited two famous example of mistakes, superluminal neutrinos and the cosmological constant, that have been admitted by their makers.

In that case you again have not adequate knowledge of the history.

Einstein removed the constant from his equations in 1931, and called the constant his "biggest blunder". But his real blunder was to remove it in the first place, since it was reintroduced in 1998, long after Einsteins death.

it is expected that they recognize and correct their errors asap

The ideal would be to recognize and find error asap, but that does not always occur, for many reasons, not because of dishonesty, but natural reasons, just as with Einsteins blunder.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.