Successful replication of Alexander Parkhomov ?

• Theories LENR much. I stopped on "..angarmonicheskih vibrations" as the most simple. According to her it is necessary to saturate with hydrogen the metal and give an initial jolt (eg temperature variations). So far, according to this theory. The solubility of hydrogen in the nickel increases with increasing temperature, this table (at atmospheric pressure): http://jivisam.ru/uploads/books/tabl.rastv_.vodoroda_.png
    (никель == nikel).

A different additives in the form of lithium oxide, and others - such as possible impact.
    With pressure problems, my equipment does not allow. Buy the same can not. It seems that it works. It is necessary to continue to experiment.
    Seditious thought: Maybe, and nickel is not necessary, and enough iron, heat it and stronger ..?

• Its strange enough that the physical processes that cause the nickel battery to fail after a 5 year period which includes a thousand charge/ discharge cycles is exactly the process that hydrogen under the influence of nickel, potassium and lithium needs to become receptive to the LENR reaction.

The special state of hydrogen is metastable and will now accept a shock of EMF to change it up into a LENR active state. Rossi uses a fuel preperation stage to accomply the same thing that a nickel battery does over an extended multi-year timeframe. The gray powder in this fuel speaks to the production of a special form of hydrogen in his fuel that makes the Rossi's reactor functional.

• @David Fojt:

Flushing KOH and lithium hydroxide and distilled water.what's the reason to wash both KOH, lithium hydroxide ?
    The mixture part remains. what is remain exactly ?
    The mixture is a little bit of lithium hydroxide and KOH.
    Rinsing is not until the end. why ?
    Get rid of KOH. It is very pungent, corrodes.
    And since the same LIOH soluble in water and it is needed - wash a little, compromise.

If i well understood below, you mix your mixture part with H2 from electrolysis. therefore you need to take H20 from H2 by a travel across Natria Chloride ?
    Use Natria Chloride for to get rid of water vapor. Unfortunately, to get rid of before the end fails. Ideally we need a dry hydrogen.

so your explanation is: we need to super loading Ni with H2 to reach LENR triggering ?

I'm all by doing the experiment, possibly mistaken, a lot do not know. What happened as a result - shared. Take in its share results. Theories explaining the effect of 100% no.
    I believe that it is necessary for the effect:
    1. Nickel (mixed with lithium,carbon and the like). desirably finely divided, with a large number of pores.
    2. load it with hydrogen. slow!
    3. heated to a temperature of more than 1200 (1350?).
    4. If the reaction does not go - drastically reduce the temperature.
    After that, the reaction was. Such simple rules.
    4th para launched reaction from me on three occasions. At least it was almost immediately the temperature increase with a decrease in power consumption.
    If you do not understand - you ask. Lost in Translation (.

• s_grey wrote:

"Clarification: there is no pure lithium. There are lithium hydroxide.
    When heated in a hydrogen atmosphere becomes oxide. It was his use of
    the active mass of the mixture with a Ni-Mh battery. "

For what it may be worth, and assuming a likely bit of machine-based mis-translation above, the product of H2 reduction of lithium hydroxide is LiH, lithium hydride not lithium oxide.

LiOH + H2 --> LiH + H2O

• Hrm ...

(This landed on the wrong page. It was supposed to allude to HRM. But I will let it stay, it still is a very useful comment for a skeptic.)

• Longview:
    LiOH + H2 -> LiH + H2O
    Chemist technologist enlightened on this matter.
    His words - a reaction to the 99.99% goes towards the oxide without hydride.
    Check whether this is so hard for me.
    @H-G Branzell
    You essentially write, critique and suggestions useful. Bla-bla-bla is not necessary.

• Longview:
    LiOH + H2 -> LiH + H2O
    Chemist technologist enlightened on this matter.
    His words - a reaction to the 99.99% goes towards the oxide without hydride.

There are some missing pieces here. And please notice my / our equation makes no mention of oxygen or air presence. The temperature we may assume to be in the range of 1000 deg C, but in any case over 700 and probably no more than 1350. The pressure is probably unknown, but in a sealed system it can be quite high.... certainly very far from STP. Another issue may be the form of the oxide, Li2O2 exists and may be generated through calcination of the hydroxide, analogous to CaO (quicklime) from calcination of calcium carbonate or hydroxide, also there is an Li2O "suboxide" form that can form. Lithium peroxide, or LiO exists and is the production precursor of lithium oxide Li2O2 of commerce, or so I read.

But, in the presence of excess hot hydrogen and an absence of air / oxygen, the story is likely very different and results in (at least at working temperature and pressure) the production of Lithium hydride. An important issue not seen in ordinary process chemistry, may well be that one may have to assess the compounds present at working temperature, since the reaction can reverse as the temperature is lowered back down. That is where the LiO (Li2O2) may be seen since the water may have by then escaped and the hydrogen may well be missing then as well. Or, other components present may well react rather irreversibly with the water / steam and take it out of the reversed reaction.

Pressure may well favor the production of Li2O2, since its molar volume is considerably less than that of LiH. [Vm or molar volume = molecular weight divided by mass density: LiH is ~10.4, whereas lithium oxide Li2O is ~14.84]. But the peroxide monomolecular form LiO has an Vm of ~9.93, so while it is a good bet that this form is the stable oxide at high temperatures, it may not be at high pressures.

So it all depends on:

1) When and where the assessment of lithium species present are/is made.
    2) The total redox environment of the reaction, not just the presence of the simple components in "our" equation (oxygen, nitrogen, iron, other transition metals, aluminum etc).
    3) The presence of water / and partial pressure of steam is likely an important variable.
    4) The partial pressure of hydrogen is surely crucial.
    5) The pressures reached at working temperature.
    6) Any air in the system will contribute to raising the oxygen partial pressure and hence will have dose-dependent effect on the "at temperature" product, as well as that on recooling. With air present, LiO / Li2O2 may well predominate.

Bottom line:
    Best not to assume too much of the chemistry. Once again the "proof" may be in the pudding itself, so to speak.
    Controlling or manipulating the above listed variables may have important effects on any outcome. Proceed with
    caution.

• I believe that it is necessary for the effect:
    1. Nickel (mixed with lithium,carbon and the like). desirably finely divided, with a large number of pores.
    2. load it with hydrogen. slow!
    3. heated to a temperature of more than 1200 (1350?).
    4. If the reaction does not go - drastically reduce the temperature.

1. Ni + Mg + molten alkali metal (Li is efficient but others do also, maybe Mg is enough)
    2. correct, heat max 300C, pressure, depends used hydride stuff, NiMH can maybe do 20C 1bar.
    3. yes/no, heat drive H2 away but may needed to get chemistry right. maybe heat cycles first then goto 2.
    4. reaction needs EMP (electromagnet pulses) to crash pseudo helium to real He. (other stimulus may do also, laser etc)

it is cold fusion can occur in room temp if H2 pressure in crystall lattice is high enough and surrounded alkali metal to reduce electron move penalty. In right stuff conditions are 95% ready to fuse H -> He but energy is not enough hot or cold. It need stimulus to cross last 5% barrier, radiation, EMP, laser, ultrasound etc.

not easy but evidenses are that posible.

sergei your heater is coil it do dirty EMP when fast full power.

• Probably the reaction can be run in many ways. His I wrote (in fact it is not mine, it's all described in other successful experiments, I only repeated).

2. pressure problems. I do atmospheric. Yes, and lithium hydride is unavailable. The objective is to provide itself with the heat by using the readily available materials as possible. Expensive and dangerous to handle the reactor is not needed.

3. After the high temperature (up to 1000-1100-1200) in the graphs are sometimes observed when the temperature spikes 400,500,600 degrees Celsius. Perhaps the point is loaded with hydrogen material.

4. One way to achieve a reaction is described. Not only me, but also other successful replicators. The difference:
    4.1. Operation at atmospheric pressure.
    4.2. Lack of free lithium (oxide).
    4.3. Widely available Ingredients (Ni-Mh battery).
    4.4. The more simple design, easy to repeat.

p.s. While scientists are discussing it works or not - others do. And sometimes they get something.

• NiMH have Li inside. Li is not essential, but it helps to reduce needed EMP power.
    Spikes come when you heat up = generate EMP pulses. Less ohmic in coils do more COP.
    Athmospheric maybe posible with NiMH stuff, heat drive H2 out from hydrides. Atleast need to drop down time to time to regenerate hydrides to get new hot spike.
    4.2 - may posible, but you have carbon and Li2O that generate Li in hot - diffuse MgNi grains, maybe some hundreds surrounding atoms of alkali metals is enough.
    4.3 Good I had same idea before find your work
    4.4. COP and posible temp limit rules. I need electricity to generate.

I have only 2.5 weeks ago to got information Ni+LiAlH do strange energy, not expert yet but needed information and theory is in net. need filter 99% trash away to got point.

I'll do when ready. Lazy, don't want do many times only one 1.st which success..

• Repeat! It will be good. Anyone, even a negative result is useful.
    I do not exclude the possibility of error. Especially since I have a maximum operating time at reduced power likely 40minut. It is very small.
    In the network 99% of garbage - I agree. Talk is easy, and conduct a simple experiment difficult. Most people choose the easy way. All you need to check. Especially if gonna invest somewhere (investors).
    Dear investors, to spend $ 200 on an experiment is not difficult!
    In the network too many scams. Check out all by yourself. Do not give money to different organizations - they live it. Arrange beautiful presentation and pull .. pull .. time.

• Ni + H2 pressure tables (hard understand, numbers yes, cyrillic not) mass percent or moles ore what?

http://jes.ecsdl.org/content/161/9/A1360.full
    Ni seems to need five years electrolyze to get enough hydrogen inside to fuse.
    H2 capillary pressures are unknown, voids/cracks unknow, only known Ni sintered plates KOH 30%+2-3%LiOH in electrolyte, athmospheric.

Claims from net Ni can do 600GPa H2 pressures, Mg2NiH4 complex crystall can pressurize H2 and generate pseudo He ~500K temp that can collapse He _IF_is inside molten alkali metal AND _IF_ got some stimulus.
    Material conditions that occur in white hot metal stars - white darws condition in NiMg crystals. No known fusion/fission rules, new ones.

• I can hardly belive, but evidences are everywhere. World is no more same as some weeks ago. Big rules change. Energy monopoles break, gold lose value, space travel every skilled enough posible. Nuclear weapons in backyards/carage also posible. Humans maybe not survive.

• The solubility of hydrogen in the nickel, at normal atmospheric pressure.
    Nickel - 100gramm, hydrogen - cubic centimeter.

And your link interesting. Although…

If I understand correct 100g Ni at 200C take 0,0015g (%) H2 and 1200C 0,0127g (%). It is very tiny amount vs. typical hydrides. Mg2NiH4 take 3,7%.

• How about reproduce NiMH experiment with induction heating? claims (from improvements thread) say 0.1ms rise time 1000-5000 pulses 1.5T are needed to start (in low temp). And it is quite simple to get more H2 pressure if using some pressure resistant H2 generator, say example shampange bottle (save near 5atm), H2O +Al +Hg or gallium. Mullite/alumina/quatz/graphite tube 2cm can hold 5-10atm H2, some insulation and wrap induction coil tube.
    Pressure should boost hydride formation in higher temp. And don't forget overpressure valve..
    Enough high EMP fields can do reaction in lower temp and give posibility to avoid coremeltdown.

Small Induction drivers are not expensive:
    50W:
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item…ly-5-12v/32561326356.html
    400w:
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item…-DC-free/32495076799.html
    (find more with google "ZVS driver")

It is also posible to use some D2O with Al generator - cheapest way to obtain some D2 gas?

Who is fastest to test?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.