1 MW E-Cat Plant Watch Thread [UPDATE #41 — 350 Day Test is Over, Results in Approx 1 Month]

• "Most recent results from the third party independent E-Cat trials showed exceptional energy densities. When including internal plus external components the volumetric energy density observed was (3.6 104 ±12%) MJ/L and the gravimetric energy density was (1.3 104 ± 10%) MJ/kg.The energy densities of gasoline are 32.4 MJ/L and 44.4 MJ/kg respectively. So the E-Cat is thousand times more volumetric energy dense and 293 times more gravimetric energy dense than gasoline."

It appears, from the footnote cited in the original source, that this quotation is referring to the Lugano report, and not the (impending) results of the 350 day test.

Most recent results from the third party independent E-Cat trials showed exceptional energy densities. When including internal plus external components the volumetric energy density observed was (3.6 104 ±12%) MJ/L and the gravimetric energy density was (1.3 104 ± 10%) MJ/kg.The energy densities of gasoline are 32.4 MJ/L and 44.4 MJ/kg respectively. So the E-Cat is thousand times more volumetric energy dense and 293 times more gravimetric energy dense than gasoline.

kazm.

Indeed. It is interesting how (falsely) convincing the Lugano test results have been in many quarters, don't you think?

It is interesting how (falsely) convincing the Lugano test results have been in many quarters, don't you think?

Yes, At first glance it looked pretty good.
    I originally came to praise Ceasar, not bury him. But I end up with handfulls of knives the more I look, and band aids are few and far between, and too small to staunch the bleeding.

This next report better be a good one.

• This whole thing is very, very interesting. Something is going on, and not just with Rossi and [lexicon]IH[/lexicon]. Look at the world energy markets. The Saudis were pumping like crazy, probably at the request of western governments and in self interest to punish Putin's adventures. Then when the House of Saud and PutinGaz agree to a truce and limit production...the markets came back...except oil. What? Dropped some more. That's not because Iran didn't play along. They don't have the ability to crater prices against Saudi Arabia, much less SA and Russia together. No, something else is up.

Does that mean that Rossi and [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] have it bagged? We'll see. It would explain why after all this time the chief trumpet player is silent shortly after the territorial rights disclosures. If [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] has a winner and they know it, their lawyers and PR people will want to control the messaging from here on out. The biggest, broadest, and longest payday in a disruptive technology emergence is in the IPO and owning that stock going forward. That means that you hunt where the ducks are...on the US stock markets...and have SEC rules to consider...like 'prospective statements' which need to comport with the public statements of knowledgeable interested parties after the 'when did you know it?' date. AR may be under an NDA on his own baby.

China, Russia, and even good ole' Uncle Sam would leak like a sieve in the C-suites if the engineering departments of certain major companies got some advance working papers to begin doing production pilots and found out that it works with those huge COPs...and the money boys would move out of oil and not move back.

I'm wondering if it's just that 'we the poor people' will be the last to know. I mean Brillouin didn't do a demo for congress for nothing. Something's up, and I think I know what it is. Got nickel?

• Official Post

Randy,

I agree. Rossi is back to his grandiose talk about where (Florida/Sweden) the "1 million" 1MW's will be produced. Yes, he has said this before, and it turned out to be baloney...putting it politely. This time around though, he has Mats Lewan somewhat backing his words. This is from Mats blog today:

"Hi again Henk. As you might have seen at Rossi’s blog (JONP), he has now confirmed that he’s planning to put a European product"ion facility in Sweden, in collaboration with his Nordic licensee Hydrofusion. I have been aware of these plans for some time but wanted more explicit information. Probably some people here in Sweden, who have been accusing Rossi openly for fraud, will be amazed if they see E-Cat technology being produced here!"

Based on Rossi's grand talk, Lewans growing enthusiasm, I am upgrading my earlier pledge to: "not let myself get too excited", to "I am getting excited". :)

• @Shane D,

Like they say "Always follow the money". Always, always, always FOLLOW THE MONEY! And when they say it's not about the money, IT'S ABOUT THE MONEY!

Let's say you were a C-Suite executive, R&D engineer, corporate spy, or in the briefing chain from an intercepting intelligence agency to their governmental overmasters, that you suspected with high confidence, that oil and the oil economy was about to be replaced. You wouldn't be able to tell anyone, but you'd darn sure short those oil stocks and futures.

• Official Post

I wonder what the other elements were? (My guess: radioisotopes.)

Eric,

The Navy, in conjunction with the now defunct Global Energy Corp patented a process in 2007 that was a blended LENR/Fast Fission process, that used radioisotopes as fuel:

http://coldfusionnow.org/navy-…smutes-radioactive-waste/

Not sure how that plays into Rossi's fuel (above my paygrade), but one would think if he has something, the three elements alone aren't all there is to it. There have been many replication attempts based on Rossi's patented fuel mix, and few have been successful. Those that have claimed success...mostly in Russia, along with a couple of replicators that post here, have measured far less excess energy, and COP than Rossi claims. So something seems amiss.

• Not sure how that plays into Rossi's fuel (above my paygrade), but one would think if he has something, the three elements alone aren't all there is to it. There have been many replication attempts based on Rossi's patented fuel mix, and few have been successful. Those that have claimed success...mostly in Russia, along with a couple of replicators that post here, have measured far less excess energy, and COP than Rossi claims. So something seems amiss.

I recall Bob Greenyer saying that one of Rossi's patents mentions tungsten wire; tungsten is also something suggested by Norman Cook, who has collaborated with Rossi. 180W is an alpha emitter, and alpha decay is energetically possible for several stable isotopes of tungsten. (And tungsten is very well known in its use as a filament in lightbulbs, which points to a glaring omission if research has looked passed something interesting here; but I wonder how much hydrogen and deuterium have been investigated in this connection.)

What's baffling is that if the replicators have missed something important, it suggests that Rossi's patents are not enabling ones. I doubt he has received good IP advice; or, if he has, he has simply ignored it. Apparently he does not want to set up a revenue stream from patent royalties and instead hopes to beat the market. I don't really understand any of it.

• Official Post

@Peter Gluck wrote on his blog:

the executive summary of the 350 days report

It is about some > 8000 MWhours energy a great bill for electricity. The bill of the Customer vs the bill of [lexicon]Industrial Heat[/lexicon]. Daily, weekly, monthly, global, maximum, minimum values of COP.
    The Report - probably somewhere between 1500 and 2000 pages is for the parts of the deal and for accountants. We LENR-ists are much more interested in the EXECUTIVE SUMMARY that is already circulating 1 front page plus appendices but the essential is shown in less than 20 sentences.
    My prediction is that this executive summary will appear on the Web in less that 12 days.

This is a bit unclear to me.

Does it mean the customer still had an electricity bill about 8000 MWhours to run the 1MW plant (=very bad)?
    Or did the 1MW plant generate heat for an equivalent of 8000 MWhours electricity(=very good)?

• 350 days times 1 MW is just little more than 8000 MWh. All signals (not evidence though) so far indicates a successful delivery of energy so this should be it.

What puzzles me in what Peter says is the rumor of a first page with a summary maybe within 12 days. Who told him that? Did he see it himself?

• I was unclear what Peter was saying also.

An 8400 MWh electrical bill to the customer and/or [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] would put an end to this 1MW plant topic...

Yes the energy quaoted must be output energy and NOT input energy.

There are 8760 hours in a year. A 1 MWhours hour plant would produce a maximum of 8760 MWhours/year. I believe that the plant produced heat at a rate of 8000 MWhours in its operating time of 350 days out of a maximum of 8400 MWhours for 350 days.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.