New Open Science Project refereed to as "Looking For Heat" created by LENR Ltd launches 1st of March

• Official Post

Sam Hansson, aka Dr Bob, is pre-launching the website "lookingforheat.com" to support LENR, 1st of March.

The teasing video is funny as we are used with Dr Bob, but Sam is a dynamic entrepreneur.

He updated, explaining that this project is a collaboration with Alan Smith from Leap Forward Labs and Klee Irwin from Quantum Gravity Research. LENR ltd. will be operated as a combination of for-profit and crowd funding.

They intend to follow Open Science methodology.

No more idea of what he prepares, but be prepared for something creative and serious...

• Official Post

Dr Bob have published an update that gives some precision, but with some remaining mystery.

I like this quote:
    "there will be fierce collaboration, rather than fierce competition"

It remind me the "mutual assured development" promoted by LENR-Cities to explain their ecosystem.

• Official Post

The site is live !
    http://www.lookingforheat.com/

It seems to propose parts, tools, instruments, chemicals, kits, books, and even goodies for LENR experiments.

I think that many people here are in the target.
    Here is the press release by Alan Smith.

• Official Post

E-cat world reports anothe press release, about the philosophy of "Gentlemen Scientists", scientists who can earn a living without science.
    http://www.e-catworld.com/2016…esearchers-press-release/

The Gentleman Farmer. ‘A man whose wealth or income from other sources permits him to farm for pleasure, rather than for basic income. – From the Merriam-Webster Dictionary.

Have you ever thought about joining the small band of pioneer investigators seeking to explore and develop the many pathways to cheap clean energy that LENR offers? If you have, you know that it is difficult and expensive to begin from scratch. It’s time someone made the essential items simple and cheaper to access. Well known LENR blogger Dr. Bob and I have spent the last three months and many long hours creating a new company which does exactly that.

This is not a new idea for people who have read "Antifragile" by Nassim Nicholas taleb.

Lavoisier have a real job (tax gatherer), like Einstein (Patent officer). Even da Vinci was basically an artist and an engineer, before being a scientists.

Many innovative scientists today are retired academic or professional.

Taleb use the term "Barbel strategy" to describe the situation where you have a very safe resource , and you beside that invest resource in improbable projects, avoiding the mildly risky "should normally work" projects that are not very profitable, and not so reliable.

He describe also the "Trap" where many, if not most, scientists fall to please the comfortable system that feed them reliably, instead of pursuing their intuition enduring uncertainty.

• Dear all,
    I'm not so optimistic.. You have to keep in mind - LENR gives sometime strong, deadly radiation, of not usual nature.
    And as far I can know - such a kitchen experiments have to be forbidden in a normal countries.. as an experiments with getting new explosives, for example.

• Leonid, I agree with you.

Alan, I am really sorry. I don't wish to ruin your party and don't like to tell people what what to do or not to do. I guess you won't close the site whatever I say, but please put up a big warning to all your customers before they buy anything. As I see it, you can be be held partly responsible for their burns, tumours or whatever they can get. I am really sorry to write this, believe me. I could have done the same as you if I hadn't know the danger. I think you have tramped on a wasp's nest, or worse: wandered into a bear's cave. Your initative might wake it up and it can cause troubles not only to your customers but to all of us engaged in the field.

• Agree too

One joule = 1W x 1 second, absorbed energy in form of radioactivity is a deadly dose for the body. LENR is usually peaceful and cold and harmless but there is always possibility of one minute runaway physics process that could emit out that radioactivity in one burst during a research work. Plan for the worst and shield everything.

Sveinn

• Bans lead to marasmus. Normal potassium permanganate only on the passport and not all pharmacies. You do want? LENR too simple technology available to replicate in any barn. Ingredients extracted from ordinary Ni-MH battery.
    Warn about the consequences should be. Everyone must decide for himself whether or not to do

• Alan, words won't assure me. Neither your site's missing disclaimer and warnings. Not your light and open reactor housings. I think you need to make some modifications. Until then I will not feel assured. But your site is brand new and I understand if you don't have all pieces in place from the very beginning.

• Official Post

Lookingfor heat.com publishes an howto on "How to Mix parkhomov cement"
    http://www.lookingforheat.com/how-to-mix-parkhomov-cement/

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

Another article, a tutorial for their Model-T.
    http://www.lookingforheat.com/…bration-lenr-test-system/

As I understand this is comparative thermometry, but with servo-mode, using a PID controller to stabilise the temperature of one of the "port". They propose a protocol:

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.