ICCF 20 at Sendai 2-7 october 2016

• All it would take is one (two would be better) replicators working non-stop for a month attempting to duplicate the results of Focardi to produce undeniable evidence for LENR. The set of instructions and guidelines produced would allow for anyone around the world to produce high levels of excess heat.

The problem is that no one seems to have a combination of the free time, the equipment, the space required, and the desire to do so.

• "The problem is that no one seems to have a combination of the free time, the equipment, the space required, and the desire to do so."

Jeez, the Nobel Prize is there for the picking but nobody has the free time, equipment, space required and the desire to grab it.

I would say that a far more likely explanation is that nobody CAN do it...

• I'm not sure I follow you, Alain, but my point is: with so many hundreds of replications, why doesn't someone take one to ICCF20, convincingly demonstrates it to the world and win the Nobel Prize. Besides becoming rich to the point of making Bill Gates look like a pauper.

'Call me a "pseudoskeptik", but I think this is happening because nobody can do it. Despite the hundreds of reports of replications that fuel the wet dreams of Believers, and come from dank apartments in Moscow and other MIT-like places.

• Official Post

they simply make experiment , publish their method, and wait for people to admit reality.
    some are convinced, retry themselves, and become believers.

most just say it is not true, like Siegel, and are happy that way, playing the pigeaon chess

just read Oriani's story

http://www.infinite-energy.com…s/pdfs/OrianiObituary.pdf

http://www.infinite-energy.com…s/pdfs/OrianiObituary.pdf[/url]]
    “Since I had some background in the area of hydrogen in metals, I thought that I could do something to prove that the announcement was incorrect, that they did not have the right idea. So I began to do some experiments and, sure enough, I got negative results and that went on for about five months. But then I got new metal, new palladium and, by golly, I got two excellent experiments with very positive results, more thermal power coming out than I was putting in electrically, in an electrolysis-type experiment. And that made me a believer. It made me a believer because I could see nothing at all wrong with the experiments…I finally got positive experiments, positive results, that made me realize that there are more parameters here in this field than any one of us had considered before and so it seemed natural that there would be negative experiments because we were not controlling the proper parameters. We just didn’t know enough even to recognize what parameters should be controlled…”

• Pierre:

When new discoveries contradicts the ruling Paradigm, it takes a Looong time to convince science of new realities.

LENR is considered Broadly in same category as UFOlogy. Therefore Scientists don't want to have their name tainted by seriously read or evaluate potential proof of LENR.

Mostly scientists just comment why LENR can't be true based on the "laws of nature". And they move on to less controversial stuff.

A similar story to this may be the story of the Hessdalen lights in Norway.

Since the 1950's moving lights where observed in the Valley "Hessdalen" in Norway, with a top during the mid 80's.

The usual answer from scientists where that these lights where car lights, airplanes or Venus.

And no Scientists where willing to seriously study these lights, since the mystery where named Hessdalen UFO's during the 80's. Not because the UFO naming where incorrect, but because UFO where too closely related to aliens visitors. And no serious scientists would like their name be connected to UFO observations.

But the light's never went away. And guess what: Finally, in 2010 French and Italian scientists together with a Norwegian University set up instruments to observe the lights.

They have measured the light spectrum and know something about the components that a involved, but the light's origin and energy source is still a mystery.

Something that are not explained by present theories of Physics....yet...and a phenomenon that does not appear every day or when you would like it to.........because we don't understand all the required conditions .......just like LENR

May be we are observing atmospheric LENR in action? :crazy:

May be we are observing atmospheric LENR in action?

The evidence you cite is just as good for unicorns or fluorescent ghost wildebeests.

• Dear Oystia et al:

doesn't it strike to you as somewhat weird that there are hundreds of replications of LENR from dank apartments in Moscow to mayor Universities, but when it comes to the place to show them, the place that would guarantee the scientist a Nobel Prize and untold riches, undiying fame, a place next to Newton, how come nobody shows up with something that actually works.

• Official Post

doesn't it strike to you as somewhat weird that there are hundreds of replications of LENR from dank apartments in Moscow to mayor Universities, but when it comes to the place to show them, the place that would guarantee the scientist a Nobel Prize and untold riches, undiying fame, a place next to Newton, how come nobody shows up with something that actually works.

You've never been to a scientific conference I expect. They are not usually 'show and tell' opportunities.

• Official Post

Nanor was shown at MIT IAP LENR101, and nobody cared to criticize anything.
    There was the balls of Dennis Cravens at NiWeek. ( EDIT: :thumbup: )

Beaudette have a chapter on that problems , the "Cri du Coeur"" :

Don't imagine the skeptic are rational.

Those who where skeptic competent and rational are (sometime discrete) believers today, like are skeptic of heliocentrism.

• doesn't it strike to you as somewhat weird that there are hundreds of replications of LENR from dank apartments in Moscow to mayor Universities, but when it comes to the place to show them,

Most cold fusion experiments are in laboratories, not apartments. You need lots of expensive equipment such as mass spectrometers to do an experiment. The experiments take weeks or months to set up, and they are not portable. You can see that from these photos of experiments:

http://lenr-canr.org/wordpress/?page_id=187

Also, as noted by Smith, people do not do demonstrations at physics conferences. There have been instances in which they did, but most did not go well. They were not convincing. Dennis Cravens did the best job of this, on two occasions.

• Presumably one demonstration you refer to was NIweek2013. What was the other one?

Long ago at an ICCF conference, with a Patterson cell. Patterson assisted, but I think it was mainly Cravens. It was better than Patterson's own work back at the lab. It was pretty good. Not totally convincing, but I do not think a demonstration in a conference could be.

Unfortunately, it was not documented, photographed or captured on video, so no trace of it remains. Dennis complained to me later that "no one pays attention." I told him that's because he made no effort to capture the information, so people never heard about it. Only a small number of people attend a conference, whereas after the conference, when a good paper is published, thousands of people read it eventually. I know this from the stats at LENR-CANR.org. If Dennis, Jim Patterson and the others had made a comprehensive collection of photos, data, and a video of that demonstration, by now 50,000 people would have seen it, instead of a few dozen cold fusion insiders.

Dennis and many other researchers have a bad habit of hiding their lights under a bushel. They do not publish or tell people, and then they get upset because no one knows what they are up to!

Dennis made the same damn mistake with NiWeek2013 demonstration. No trace of it remains. He should have uploaded a polished 15-minute video and ton of data. I would have paid for a professional to make a video.

• "You've never been to a scientific conference I expect. They are not usually 'show and tell' opportunities."

Allow me to disagree, Alan, most of us remember a "show and tell" by Defkalion that got plenty of attention. Unfortunately for the LENR community, what got plenty of attention was a scam.

So let me ask LENR believers a serious questions: what is your plan of action? Your papers are ignored, your hundreds of replications are never replicated, and you have decided not to make a big splash at the biggest conference on the subject. Are you hoping for divine intervention?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.