LENR glow powders?

• Hello have anybody idea what patent this is? It sound like lenr, deuterium stimulated UV?? I find it
    http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=4523
    --clip--
    I can tell you I use the basic patents and experiment with mostly changing the co-activators from Dy2O3 to various lanthanide and actinides from hydroxides
    to oxides to carbonates. I have found my best results in starting with calcium metal in water and then aluminum dust to get to an aluminate. Usually say 99
    percent molar strontium or calcium (one or the other) carbonates or oxides (or hydroxides) and 102 percent molar aluminum oxide, with about .05 percent molar
    Eu2O3 and around 0.1 percent molar La2O3 (or Co3). Ball mill the hell out of it all, sinter at 900 C for an hour. Ball mill again, then run at 900 C to 1,100
    C for an hour with 3 percent H2 and 97 percent N2 at 0.1 liter/minute. The fun is in altering the basic patents in working to find better reds (especially)
    and other colors, with glow times of 24 hours from a 20 minute exposure to Uv at I have no idea what intensity the light is.

I am trying many variations on reducing the Eu from three to two, I do not like the H2 idea at all but I am experimenting with designing a tube furnace to
    make this safer. I also have 4 pounds of calcium hydride and I was hoping to figure out a way to use this as the reduction and the calcium all at once with
    no need to use a gas. Especially since purity is very important (the reason I use ceramic media in my ball mill and even this is not so good). So many
    elements act as quenching agents that this is a hard mad science subject to do. Iron for example wipes out all hope of a glow and I don't care how small the
    amount of it there is, any at all and you end up in failure. Found this out using steel balls in the mill and studying online as to what was happening. I
    don't think ceramic media is so good either but I am not sure what else to use. I even bought a pound of boiling stones and experimented with these as media
    for the ball mill.

Right now my main focus is all about playing with different ideas to find the impossibly bright and long lasting red. I hope. One of these days I was going
    to write up some of this but I am not far enough along yet and my DSL will not allow me to FTP images to the site anyway. It will appear to log in but
    refuses to list no matter what FTP method I use.

I once read about an explosion in a lab making their own aluminates from aluminum dust and calcium metal, I lost the page and never could find it again so I
    try to look for it every so often as I really would like to refresh my memory as to what they did so I do not do the same thing by accident. So far I
    minimize this possibility by making small amounts at a time and adding the 500 mesh Al in small amounts while hoping I do not end up on the dark side of the
    moon. I am mixing this in a beaker with distilled water and Al dust isn't so happy here. Magnetic stir forever, then dry it on low in the kiln, mill, sinter,
    and then go on with whatever recipe from there.

There are also experiments not using water to make aluminates but rather sintering the compounds in the kiln after ball milling well, and then going on from
    there. Also adding the activator and co-activater before or after this step. Lots of room to play in this area. Like I mentioned my best results were wet
    methods starting with pure calcuim and aluminum metals, but also the most dangerous I imagine.

For the most part if you have no metals on the chart around iron (or it's neighbors) and can whip the Eu reduction problem it is harder to NOT make a glow
    powder than to make one. What is interesting is these very glow killing elements are the very ones that end you up with high temperature superconducting
    ceramics, explain that one to me. I have done a lot of study and experiments (minus the 3 weeks of kiln rebuilding - that ITC 100 works miracles!), and for
    whatever reason in this weird mad science ceramic area I keep running into the fact that superconductivity and glow are exactly opposite. At least I think
    so, it seems the elements used act this way.

When I have some time I will list what patents I know of so you can read them.
    --/clip--

• At a glance, it looks like catalytic assisted oxidation of H.
    There was a discussion quite some time ago about feeding electrolysis-separated O and H into an automobile catalytic converter for recombination.

I like the doped strontium aluminate glow materials, BTW. Some of them are remarkable.

• ......... A relatively unexplored concept is the study of the properties of metal clusters/nanoparticles as the particles increase in size from a small number of atoms to larger particles that generally have the properties of bulk metallic solids. For example, in the case of gold (Au), bulkier particles of 50 nm and larger are conductive, non-catalytic, and non-toxic, but in the range of 5 to 10 nm the material becomes conductive, and at sizes less than 5 nm become insulating (in the case of Au32), fluorescent, toxic (Au55), and catalytic. Thus, when operating in the size regime of 1 nm and smaller, differences of a single atom may produce significant differences in the properties of each particle.......

Nanoparticles and size. An interesting example.

• Michel: Of course the states of matter in the realm between nano and atomic scales is practically unexplored. Another fun example: Spider silk is easy to analyze chemically, yet impossible to synthesise. It would be hugely beneficial to do so given the silks amazing properties. The reason is that the chilations and structuring of the involved atoms and molecules changes as the scale changes. In some cases they are fractal in being self similar through size changes, in other cases the topological structuring varies with scale.
    I have always had the intuition that LENR phenomenon was highly dependent on some nano scale state changes in the metal latices. Also the complexities of electromagnetic forces in these size realms is far from well understood. Concentrated basic research of material properties in these scales is of huge importance with or without LENR. And that of course is not to minimize the importance of LENR. I hope that you, in your business efforts, can encourage basic research in material properties in the nano to atomic scales in addition to the targeted research in LENR research. Thank you for becoming such a catalyst in this field!

• I have the same intuition even if I'm not a physicist. but I like modeling :)

By making the hypothesis that matter is the encoding of the structure of the universe - which implies the world would be quantum then at any scale , based on two symetries in a way to create assymmetry (like the DNA is of living things), all objects of any size result from different encoding of the same initial object (the universe). At low scale, the level of symmetry is very high. Different objects can have the same structure but at different scales. I'm thinking of coherency. Then, it would make sense to consider that one might have resonance between object and collective objects, all of them enconding close structures (with some additional energy to fit scales). Partial resonance, structure matching, resulting a set of valid encoding structures transformns the object. A way to create low energy transformation of Matter...

When playing with object and energy only, at high energy, single object unfolds in structure of objects. it can be sub-objects (set of different arrangement of symetries) but also super-object (more fundamental structure up to the original encoding). At ultra high energy, structured set of objects (not only sub-object) should appear... May be a day in an accelerator :)

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.