Steven Krivit vs. Andrea Rossi - Why?

• As for LENR research support, watch it reverse and wane when Rossi bites the dust for good and Brillouin turns out to be hot air (not LENR hot, just BS hot) along with Miley, Swartz, Celani and Nanospire. Ni-H work will be defunct as it probably should be, and unfortunately, Pd-D work which might possibly show at least a possibility (albeit small) of merit, will suffer as well. In the long term, Rossi, Defkalion and Darden will be a nightmare for the legitimate researchers in LENR.

Let me allow to differ on a few points here.

• Rossi did not steal work from Piantelli or Focardi, as there are deep differences in the setup. He just seems to have started meddling with H and Ni with Focardi's help, taking a completely different way from Piantelli's.
    • Ni-H remains IMHO a legitimate LENR filed, as well as Pd-De, because both have real scientists working on them that produced interesting results, albeit short on energy output in comparison with the claims of the Rossis and Brillouins of this world (I'm not agreeing that they are scams, only I don't fully like the style).

If you have ever taken the time to read Piantelli's peer reviewed papers and patents, you would have seen proof of both points, seeing how different the approaches are, and how Piantelli describes plenty of interesting phenomena that bear all the hallmarks of LENR, only he is much, much more prudent and reserved on his claims than most of the remaining circus. This does not mean (in my view just the opposite) that his results are less worth of credit.

So Ni-H, in a nutshell, to me is as legitimate as Pd-De, no matter what you think.

Having seen your name in so many fora in my reading of this (for me) new and fascinating field, on the other hand, I only wonder about these quite strong positions of yours: if I were so sceptic, I would not spend all the time you seem to be spending on the subject, what's the mobile, then?
    It's a unicorn? Let others run after it, and get a life.

What is true in your statements, on the other hand, is that the noise on some other phenomena might be relegating serious researchers in both fields to also-run in the quest for funding, while they would instead deserve more. They're a nightmare already now, probably.

• Rossi did not steal work from Piantelli or Focardi, as there are deep differences in the setup

Piantelli patented lithium first, Rossi replicated and subsequentially unsuccessfully tried to retract his patent. We all know, the lithium is the key for successful ECat setup (not Quark X).
    Without Focardi the Rossi would be as successful as all other replicators by now.

• Adb, you write and reason well. And you most always quote sources. I have been san laptop for a few days and using my phone. It is hard to follow large blocks of text on a mobile. So don't get mad at that. It just makes it harder to read. One of the most interesting things you have done was when someone figured out how to add Adb+ul together to berate you and you mentioned that your birth name was Daniel. Not only was that noble but its raw honesty took the wind out of his sails so to speak. As you have said if you want don't read it.

• Adb, you write and reason well. And you most always quote sources. I have been san laptop for a few days and using my phone. It is hard to follow large blocks of text on a mobile. So don't get mad at that. It just makes it harder to read. One of the most interesting things you have done was when someone figured out how to add Adb+ul together to berate you and you mentioned that your birth name was Daniel. Not only was that noble but its raw honesty took the wind out of his sails so to speak. As you have said if you want don't read it.

Thanks. It's Abd (for Abd ul-Rahman), and Daniel is a name I used for years. My birth name is Dennis. Nobody I know calls me that, in person. When my #3 daughter is angry with me now, she may call me "Dennis!" It's a deliberate attempt to be irritating. Usually, though, it's "Dad!" And usually she is the sweetest, most thoughtful 14-year-old on the planet.

Sorry about the length. I can write polemic, but it is actually a different exercise. I *research* and much of what I write is research notes. I never get mad at anyone for not reading what I write. I don't much "get mad" at all, but someone who quotes my entire post with "tl,dr" at the bottom is a bit irritating, not to mention inconsiderate of others. That doesn't happen too much here, and a "tl:dr" post is mildly annoying, because who GAF if someone didn't read something. That's true for about seven billion people.

Actually, Sifferkoll recently took some posting of mine and put it through a word salad generator and posted it here as a lengthy quote from me. However, this was more amusing than irritating, demonstrating what Sifferkoll was made of. Truth comes out.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.