SKINR / University of Missouri starting replication attempt

• Official Post

The MFMP today announced on their facebook page a Lugano/Glowstick replication attempt of SKINR laboratory at University of Missouri:

• Hi all

Great news, the more thorough and numerous the attempts at replication the more easily the anomalous heat and anomalous radiation spectrum's can be verified and researched.

I do hope they will source multiple Lithium sources from other commercial providers as I think not doing so will inevitably lead to trolling by the likes of MY that the lithium was "seasoned" by a pro LENR person.

I think we will probably have to wait a few months and several attempts for SKINR laboratory at University of Missouri to refine their "art" and understanding of the process.

Most of the replications so far have taken months if not years to achieve.

Kind Regards walker

• Official Post

According to Bob Greenyer the SKINR lab will start the experiment today or on monday.

Quote from Bob Greenyer

Well - By end of play tomorrow, University of Missouri may have replicated... then again - they might not... but if they DID, then they have every top end tool under the sun to train at their humble *GlowStick*

• Hi Barty, did you see this answer from Bob Greenyer at ECW 2 days ago in the duscussion below the Etiam article:

"No luck on the first run.

We are sending them some AH50, their powder was not the same - and hopefully they will process it correctly to the recipe in the next run - it gives a small amount of room for other replicators to get in their first."

Bob also tell about their next run:

"We are planning to start 5th April - all going well - our spectrometer has gone back to the manufacturer for an upgrade from 1024 levels to 4096 - this will allow us much better energy determination. In addition - we will be having a module added that will report on saturation event timings and this will let us pinpoint them."

• Official Post

Not replicating exactly is very common in the domain.
    This is what was clearly stated at RNBE symposium in Avignon.
    This made people like George Lonchampt very valuable , as he was among the few to try to strictly replicate experiment, and with Miles he is the only one to have strictly replicated F&P.

Nothing exceptional in emerging science and technology, as Jed Rothwell explain from Wright Brothers story... The replicators were sometime more funny than tragic.

At RNBE I've learned that Biberian have send a recipe from F&P for another He4 producing experiment.
    As I remember it was send to many labs but only SKINR seems to be able to do it...
    As I remember it is a low current electrolysis that after many month produce He4 at a point that light spectrometry can detect it clearly.
    The "recipe" is not simple at all and demand very detailed procedure (like removing light water trace from heavy-water, treating electrodes...).

I hope both experiments will be well made, and will be real replication. Crossing my fingers.

The LENR phenomenon is enough elusive not to add uncertainty from change in the procedure.

• Don't think I'd call SKINR'S efforts a replication attempt. What is their effort an attempt to do?

definition of
    rep·li·cate
    verb
    verb: replicate; 3rd person present: replicates; past tense: replicated; past participle: replicated; gerund or present participle: replicating
    ˈrepləˌkāt/
    make an exact copy of; reproduce.
    "it might be impractical to replicate eastern culture in the west"
    synonyms:copy, reproduce, duplicate, recreate, repeat,

• Technically it might have been a replication attempt:

at·tempt

noun

an act of trying to achieve something, typically one that is unsuccessful or not certain to succeed.

They just didn't succeed at making an exact copy of the MFMP experiment. ^^

• The impression I have from SKINR is that the run just finished was merely an initial step towards replication, to test and refine the engineering parts of the experimental setup. I am supporting them in this by providing details of construction and many other steps including the Nickel pre-treatment.

Their program is ongoing, and will include a comprehensive set of radiation measurement instruments when they become available from another experiment now in progress. SKINR is one of the premier research groups in this field, and I'm sure they know how to run good experiments.

• Official Post

Infinite Energy in latest issue publsih an article about SKINR
    http://www.infinite-energy.com/images/pdfs/SKINRIE126.pdf

Overview of the Sidney Kimmel Institute for Nuclear Renaissance (SKINR)

The Anomalous Heat Effect (AHE) is the appearance of excess energy in the form of heat when a Pd cathode is electrolyzed in heavy water (D2O) and is much less evident when light water (H2O) is used.1-4 This paper describes the organization, motivation and plans of an institute formed to perform fundamental research aimed at discovering the mechanism of the AHE.

SKINR owes its existence to Sidney Kimmel, Energetics LLC, CBS News and Dr. Rob Duncan. We are studying both electrochemical and gas loading experiments in palladium deuterium/hydrogen systems, but with main emphasis on the electrochemical method where we have had all of our positive results. Our near-term goals are increasing reproducibility in electrolysis experiments, and mechanistic studies that may lead to improved understanding of the origin of anomalous heat. Results from more fundamental experiments are needed to be able to formulate a working model for the FPE. Extensive collaborations were developed inside UM and with outside institutions, and we invite more collaborators. We believe in open research objectives, plans and publication of results. We have much optimism at SKINR that the rate of unraveling the mysteries of the AHE is accelerating.

• Official Post

SKINR seems to be replacing SRI as the clearing house for determining what is LENR, and what is not, after McKubre's retirement. This is from ICCF 19 1 year ago:

In related work, the SKINR group sought to replicate results reported by Celani at previous ICCFs. They did sensitive mass flow calorimetry on eight Cu-Ni-Mn wires, six from Celani and two others from Mathieu Valet. The group employed a stainless steel cell, in contrast to the glass cell of Celani, in order to be able to perform the calorimetry. But, they followed closely the set-up, operation and heating protocols that earlier gave excess heat for the Celani group. Beyond the initial protocol, they tried pulsed and highlymodulated (SuperWave) driving voltages. Neither the original nor the new protocols gave excess heat during about 200 days of testing, with a calorimetric sensitivity of less than 10 mW

They have also been helpful in bringing the various parties (MFMP, ENEA, Duncan) together for a more disciplined approach in tackling the issues. In addition, they are doing their own research as this excerpt from ICCF19 shows:

Two new papers at ICCF19 on production of excess heat by electrochemical means came from the Sidney Kimmel Institute for Nuclear Renaissance (SKINR) at the University of Missouri. Orchideh Azizi and a team of eight others took creative approaches to production of cathode materials with surface structures on the scales of micrometers and nanometers. In the first paper, they produced Pd nanoparticles and then suspended them in an electrolyte of D2O and 0.1 M LiOD prior to electrolysis. This yielded cathodes having particles uniformly distributed on the Pd substrates, which achieved high loading with deuterons. Both a closed cell with a recombiner and an open cell were employed. The closed cell did not yield excess heat, but the open cell gave excess heat for “several days” with a gain of 1.15 to 1.65. Low cell currents favored excess heat production. The SKINR team also studied the effects of proton or deuteron absorption into and diffusion through foils in a permeation double cell

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.