Industrial Heat Makes Statement Regarding LENR Industry Developments

• Official Post

[feedquote='E-Cat World','http://www.e-catworld.com/2016/03/10/industrial-heat-makes-statement-regarding-lenr-industry-developments/']Thanks to Jed Rothwell for posting this statement on the Vortex-l. It came to him from Marianne Macy of Infinite Energy magazine. Statement of Industrial Heat Regarding LENR Industry Developments March 10, 2016 Industrial Heat’s objective is to make clean, safe and affordable energy available everywhere, and in doing this we want to build a […][/feedquote]

• Official Post

I could read so much...some good/some bad, into this public release, but won't as each would only be wild speculation. No way to answer the pressing questions of the day by reading...especially those involving the test results supposedly coming out soon. The statement was obviously designed that way on purpose so as not to be specific, name names, or even hint at names...including Rossi.

It's purpose seems several fold; publicly reaffirm [lexicon]IH[/lexicon]'s commitment to LENR in general (remember Darden says they have invested in other LENR techs), warn the public to beware false prophets bearing non-independent, one-off (not multiple) verifications, and trust only those THEY say to trust.

In a nutshell, they have set themselves up, or trying to at least, to be viewed by the public, investors, as THE trusted source for who/what is real, or is not, and the financial power broker for your LENR investment needs in the commercial LENR field. The LENR consumer protection agency, and investment vehicle, rolled into one. Pretty clever of them actually.

Question is...why come out with this now?

• Official Post

Barty,

Or to deflate expectations in advance? Like I said, I can read good or bad into this.

But since you started ;) this speculation, I will join in. I can't see how [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] could have recently attracted such serious money without a successful test -by their definition of successful, to report of, from within their portfolio. Of course, Rossi's 1 year test seems to be the obvious candidate for that one event, but I believe [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] has also invested in Brillouin Energy. They (BE) have those "multiple verifications" from truly independent sources [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] mentions in their press release. We still don't know if this 1 year test will satisfy those conditions.

However, I am guessing it will due [lexicon]IH[/lexicon]'s participation. But then again, [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] started their relationship with Rossi 2 years ago, having announced attaining the rights to the Ecat technology, Yet just the other day, Rossi wrote that it was his Leonardo that had ALL IP rights to the Ecat. There may have been a falling out, [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] disapproved how Rossi ran this test, or even that the early results didn't look promising, jumped ship, and [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] went to their next best tech...BE.

I could go on and on with the possibilities, but will conclude with some confidence that I believe [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] has a good LENR tech that has been fully vetted to their satisfaction, not some little LENR, but LENR+, and are setting themselves up to capitalize on it.

• On Christmas last and just after, Rossi was very free with info on the Xcat. Lately, he is tight lipped again about it. IMHO, Rossi was freewith technical info because of his excitement of discovery. But now that the XCat will replace the low temperature wafers in the 1 Megawatt plant, he is back in secret mode. He has decided that the quark is the only reactor module he will use in his family of products and the only module that he will manufacture.He is pressing to get the Quark technology ready for the 1 megawatt reactor application. Any info that we get about the big industrial reactor using non-quark wafers will be obsolete. That info will only serve to assure investors that progress is being made. The discovery of the quark will delay LENR commercialization by more than a year or possibly much longer.

• Official Post

Maybe some warning about :
    - E-cat X speculations
    - others claims (eg piantelli, Etiam, Brillouin...) unless [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] support them
    - not so reviewed scientific claims
    - hobbyist claims that are overturn after some peer review and may trouble unexperienced watchers

Note that they are big business and have some duties to inform the public fairly. Maybe they want to avoid to be sued for overselling some functionality of E-cat.

But yes it looks also like something to increase their own credibility, and lower the one of others.
    "Don't believe our competitors, trust us!".

• There may have been a falling out, [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] disapproved how Rossi ran this test, or even that the early results didn't look promising, jumped ship, and [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] went to their next best tech...BE.

Following the last year's comment on the JONP, this seems possible, because if A.R. at some point never again emphasized to be the CHIEF SCIENTIST of [lexicon]IH[/lexicon], but the CEO of Leonardo.

I hope,that the reason was only the poor stability of the 250 kW cats. This very reason forced Rossi to stay in the container for the whole year, which many of us found to be silly.

We value credibility through sound LENR research. That’s why any claims made about technologies in our portfolio should only be relied upon if affirmed by [lexicon]Industrial Heat[/lexicon] and backed by reputable third parties who have verified our results in repeated experiments.

This could mean that even if the upcoming report says that F9 > 0 we should not yet take for granted that it really is.

• @axil: I am not sure [lexicon]IH[/lexicon]/JT Vaughn are referring to Rossi. here are some selected excerpts from the statement for more context:

There is a long and continuing pattern of premature proclamations in the LENR sector

Society and the industry suffer when results are promoted and claims are made without rigorous verification and precise measurement

Any claims made about technologies in our portfolio should only be relied upon if affirmed by [lexicon]Industrial Heat[/lexicon] and backed by reputable third parties who have verified our results in repeated experiments.

We want to distinguish [lexicon]Industrial Heat[/lexicon] from some recent announcements

• Official Post

Where is my "like" button? See a "dislike", but no like.

Now on topic; a couple of things to keep in mind since someone else brought up all this speculation :) :

Darden has never made a positive, or supportive public comment about Rossi. Only comment from Darden about Rossi that I recall, came at the ICCF19 last spring, when he briefly acknowledged having invested in Rossi...along with other LENR technologies. In two subsequent interviews, he again failed to address Rossi in particular, and instead focused on LENR tech in general, and that [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] was building *their own* LENR lab in NC.

Vaughn was described in the North Carolina Radiation report as referring to Rossi during the inspectors visit using "descriptive language". That means curse words for the children. ;) Vaughn then said in that report that Rossi was "not credible". Even in his note to Acland posted by ECCO just now, Vaughn still does not name Rossi, and remains vague overall.

2 years ago, [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] publicly reported having bought the rights to the Ecat technology. Just the other day Rossi claimed his Leonardo had ALL IP rights to the Ecat.

Then what Jimmino said about Rossi's claim above about his early on declaring himself "[lexicon]IH[/lexicon]'s Chief Scientist" for awhile, then dropped the title, and never mentioned [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] again...except one response in answer to a question on his JONP.

Something, somewhere changed with the relationship between [lexicon]IH[/lexicon]/Rossi over the past two years. Sounds like for the worse. They don't appear at all on friendly terms. Friendship, and business often don't mix, so that may not matter. Rossi is known to be mercurial, so I would imagine he can be a bit hard to get along with.

How this plays into everything I have no idea, but I would be careful about getting ones hopes up for the results soon to be released...just in case.

• More likely their LENR business is much bigger and broader than e-cat alone, they consider all of them together equally and inclusively important, and maybe they do not want to draw particular attention to one particular project in a way that detracts from the others. They are trying maybe to build a larger broader multi functional expert team.

perhaps their business plan is to evaluate more than just e-cat at the end of one year.

• Since there has been no official results reported for the E-Cat during the entire twelve-month Performance Acceptance Test (PAT) run, it is doubtful that the final report will be anything but ambiguous or disputable. This latest [lexicon]Industrial Heat[/lexicon] ([lexicon]IH[/lexicon]) press release, which fails to even mention the immanent release of the E-Cat results is nothing more than a "nontheless-onward-and-upward" statement for prospective investors. O yea, and Rossi has yet another new and improved reactor model requiring another year long PAT. Be assured that if there had been any definitive COP > 1 over the last twelve months, there would have been monthy reports to that effect every month. Why Not? One should know by now!

Not only that, But all AR had to do was read his utility bill for the E-Cat plant and do the E-Cat Joules/ Meter Joules math to get a running monthly COP. Come on troops, how stupid does AR think everyone is anyway -- "Positive or Negative?" AR would have everyone believe that even he does not know what the COP is in fact!. It is nowhere near anything he has suggested in the past if anything at all.

• Rossi has claimed somewhat recently that [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] is a licensee for the Americas and a few other countries. So clearly they haven't acquired the IP. Just the rights to commercialize the e-cat in some regions of the world.

Chances are Rossi is very protective of his secrets with his licensees, given the Defkalion debacle.

I believe the 1 year test was run in cooperation with [lexicon]IH[/lexicon].

Maybe Rossi had to set some boundaries with [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] and refuse some of their requests. [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] might have lost a bit of their confidence in the process.

• Following is one interpretation of the statement by [lexicon]Industrial Heat[/lexicon] ([lexicon]IH[/lexicon]). It's speculative, and many of the details might be wrong.

Rossi has long had a highly questionable communications strategy. He's just sort of winged it, making a lot of mistakes along the way, not obviously learning from every one of them, as evidenced by the fact that he continues to improvise in his statements to the public. An example of a mistake is releasing a number of concrete details in an impromptu fashion and then later changing plans in such a way that it becomes obvious that some of the things he said are no longer true or applicable.

[lexicon]IH[/lexicon] are run by some cagey investors who have a grasp of what a good communications strategy looks like. They have intentionally taken some big risks on different businesses looking into LENR, with the understanding that these businesses have attracted controversy around them. Nonetheless their intent has been to assist these businesses in whatever way they can, without expecting a return on their investment in the short or medium term. They have assisted Leonardo Corp. by becoming a licensee, going along with Rossi's preference of keeping them at a distance. This is not an issue for them, because their investment horizon is a long-term one. Nonetheless in working with Rossi to validate his results, they understand that they have assumed a corporate communications challenge to manage. They must make it clear to the public that they are independent of Leonardo Corp., that they do not themselves assume the burden of assessing the rigor and accuracy of claims pertaining Leonardo Corp.'s products in development, and that this is a responsibility they have delegated to a third party they believe is competent to assess such claims.

In this communication strategy, [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] project an image of neither hedging their bets against Rossi nor assuming the role of booster for Leonardo Corp. [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] have a broad portfolio and a rigorous vetting process, they believe, for assessing different claims. Technical questions are to be directed to those to whom technical evaluation has been delegated. The claims of some of the parties they work with should be differentiated from their own involvement, whose technical details are mediated via the third-party evaluator.

• [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] said:

We are pleased with the technologies we have assembled and with the group of scientists and engineers working on them.

and

Our portfolio of work has never been stronger and we remain excited about the potential we see. This optimism is grounded in more than just hope ....

Doesn't sound too frightening to me.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.