Industrial Heat Makes Statement Regarding LENR Industry Developments

• At one time he said he did [share it] and that they replicated it based on his formula. But, if it is based on the patent he got in the U.S., there is only scattered and poor evidence that the formula outlined in the patent actually works. Objectively evaluated based on the array of replication attempts, it does not work as presented. I read the statements by [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] and Rossi, at least partly, as subtle shots at each other. [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] is saying, you are just one of many possibilities and we will decide whether we think your product works based on the scientific merit. Rossi says back, from now on only LC will perform tests and nobody else is allowed. [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] is just one of many licensees for the Ecat. I own the IP and understand how it works.

In the end, [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] is in a superior position because they have apparently other possibilities and they don't have to be tied to Rossi. This in addition to the fact that they hold the purse strings! Of course if Rossi does indeed have something that works, they all win. [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] can objectively evaluate Rossi's technology, because they can just move on to something else if it doesn't work.

• Jack Cole thinks:

In the end, [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] is in a superior position because they have apparently other possibilities and they don't have to be tied to Rossi. This in addition to the fact that they hold the purse strings!

I don't think so. [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] holds the purse strings, but only with the permission of the people that own the money in the purse. If the Rossi adventure turns out to be a fiasco (which it will) it becomes very improbable that any investor is inclined to throw another bucket of money into the next LENR sinkhole.

• All this is metadata, and not worth a lot, but...

I find the [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] statement interesting. It was not required, and clearly made because they want to clarify their position.

My guess is that is was prompted mostly by the MFMP "Signal" affair. Remember MFMP are also saying "Rossi has it" and are making a fair splash. What will [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] investors make of this?

[lexicon]IH[/lexicon] obviously have no specific results they can quote. If they referred (now) to the Lugano test as proving Rossi's tech works they would be laughed out of Court. Maybe the "industrial test" will have results [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] feel able to announce. Maybe not. We will find out in due time, and indeed until reports are ready etc you don't expect leaks.

So what do they say:

"We have developed a group of LENR thought leaders, ": That says nothing has to success of commercial application, and indicates (correctly) that they are engaged in supporting long-term research.

"We are pleased with the technologies we have assembled": meaningless. What company investing in LENR would not say this? However note the plural here, they are not willing to put all their eggs in one basket and not emphasising Rossi.

"and with the group of scientists and engineers working on them.": totally meaningless. Any company has to say this.

"Our portfolio of work has never been stronger": meaningless as well, how could their portfolio of work get weaker?

"and we remain excited about the potential we see. This optimism is grounded in more than just hope ....": I'm sure, they have test results, they have analysis of test results by scientists. The issue has always been whether the judgement of the scientists involved in these tests is sound. For example, in the case of the most recent most definitive publicly known test (Lugano) it was higfhly unsound.

"Our operating philosophy is to foster scientific and engineering rigor in the development of LENR. We will thoroughly assess data derived from sound experiments which we design, control and monitor." So I guess Lugano does not count. They seem cautious here, both I'd guess about MFMP-related premature announcements and Lugano-style reports that seem convincing but are thoroughly broken. I'm not certain about Lugano though, maybe this counts for [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] as a "sound experiment we design, control and monitor"? I'd hope not. As has been pointed out above, positive results from a Lugano-type (unbroken) test internal to [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] would need to be released fairly soon.

"Embracing failure as well as success is important, because we learn from both. Unfortunately, there is a long and continuing pattern of premature proclamations in the LENR sector." This is what "sensible" LENR followers would say, and is I guess particularly motivated by the MFMP debacle.

"We value credibility through sound LENR research. That’s why any claims made about technologies in our portfolio should only be relied upon if affirmed by [lexicon]Industrial Heat[/lexicon] and backed by reputable third parties who have verified our results in repeated experiments.". This is a "cover your back" statement and is also very proper. I'd hope the two Rossi tests (Ferrara and Lugano) do not qualify here - since that would mean their "reputable third parties" were known to be incompetent at the job of conducting these tests. In that case they are saying they have so far no reliable claims.

"The energy challenges of today must be met with viable, clean, safe and affordable solutions." this is the reason LENR is such an attarctive proposition. it would answer what is indeed a pressing need.

• I thought, originally, that [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] was a Rossi "front". A vehicle controlled by Rossi. that is obviously not true now, if it ever was. Is Rossi still CTO of [lexicon]IH[/lexicon]? If so, I guess Rossi is directing these group of LENR "thought leaders".

Enough to give Krivit nightmares.

• Tom Darden/Cherokee and Woodford made heavy investments in LENR technology leaders about two years ago.

The theory of AR as a scam artist was badly hit when Tom Darden stepped up at ICCF19 a year ago, followed by press release from [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] and later Woodford stepped up a few months ago defending their investment.

[lexicon]IH[/lexicon] invested in Brillouin also. No one believe Rossi being CTO over Godes. Brillouin / McKubre run their own race.

Are they all into the same scam? Of course not. Are they cheated? For a while maybe, but not for years. Do all experiments give a magic anomaly noone is able to mitigate?

• Official Post

This is a comment from Rossi on his JONP dated July 8 2013. The "USA partner" wasn't known at the time, but would be shortly thereafter identified as [lexicon]IH[/lexicon]:

AND HERE IS AN UPDATE OF TODAY, JULY 8TH:The past three days have been holidays for most, but for us have been a tremendous period of work during which we made a historic page for what concerns our tech: for the first time, an E-Cat module, entirely produced by our USA Partner in the new factory ( a magnificence), charged with the charge made by the Partner’s CEO, using the materials we teached to buy, prepare,manipulate, treat, to make the charges, assembled , insulated, has started its operation, and the results are the same of the E-Cats built by us.
    This event means that for the first time an E-Cat not built by me, not controlled by me and not charged by me, not tested in my factory, but manufactured from third parties upon our instructions and know how has worked properly. This is the first unit of the plant that will give to the factory of our USA Partner all its necessary thermal energy, and is also the school ship for the employees.

It is very important that it has been completely made by the Customer, not by me: it is the first of millions, but the first is always special. We celebrated with Coca Cola ( alcohol is forbidden in that factory). All the former plants, even if built in the USA, had been supplied with reactors cores made by me, so this is a very important step.
    3- Technological development can require a long process, involving many changes as a technology moves forward. E-Cat is undergoing that process now. This process will continue as long as needed, until such time as the team believes the technology is able to fulfill its promise in commercial settings.
    4- E-Cat is still also in a phase of R&D, as I continue this work more findings will be released and additional technical information will be provided once practicable. As I focus on continuing my research, I will not be able to respond to each specific question.
    Warm Regards,

A.R.

So according to Rossi, [lexicon]IH[/lexicon], or at least it's CEO, would know the fuel composition, plus how to prepare it.

• Official Post

So according to Rossi, [lexicon]IH[/lexicon], or at least it's CEO, would know the fuel composition, plus how to prepare it.

If they know how to build an ecat from scratch, there should be no doubt that they know whether it works. And this since 2013!
    They could have built their own reactors and let them furtively undergo independent measurement tests (due diligence) without Rossi's knownledge.

Assuming that [lexicon]Industrial Heat[/lexicon] did such a test without Rossi's knowledge, just to be safe...and today we know they are still in good relations with Rossi...this supports only one conclusion: It works.

• Since the end of the test, again an enormous amount of posts in the related forums have been released. Needless typing of millions of letters. Now we oracle about the pre annoncement from [lexicon]IH[/lexicon].

It make me lough when i read about calometry, QoSteam etc. while there is a management summary in the making which will compare cost in $ before the e-cat to cost in $ with the e-cat. Simple as it is.

• Official Post

Barty,

Yes, all true...if Rossi was telling the full truth! It also brings up many interesting points; is [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] using what they learned from building the Ecat, making the fuel charge, starting the reaction then operating it, in their new LENR lab in North Carolina? Is that lab separate, independent from Leonardo?

Remember too, that Darden admitted them ([lexicon]IH[/lexicon]) building, then sending the Hotcat used at Lugano. That would seem to give credibility to what Rossi claimed back then about them building an Ecat, so therefore it seems a logical conclusion that [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] knows everything.

As we speculate though...something in the Rossi/[lexicon]IH[/lexicon] relationship changed since it's inception. Whereas early on they were actively involved in all phases of product development, including patent applications; nowadays Rossi has made clear they are only licensees, with rights to manufacture, and market within their territory. No different, or important than the other licensees.

While Rossi/[lexicon]IH[/lexicon] seemed indistinguishable early on in their relationship -Rossi often referred to himself as IHs Chief Scientist, treated [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] as the home office, IHs name on patent apps, to nowadays where he rarely mentions them, Leonardo on the patent apps, and seems to name drop his Leonardo quite often to make some point.

I detect some falling out. Maybe even internal legal battles possibly about rights to the IPs. Vaughn's "descriptive language" of Rossi, Dardens avoiding talk of Rossi or the Ecat, support that. It seems a strained business proposition nowadays.

This is the first unit of the plant that will give to the factory of our USA Partner all its necessary thermal energy, and is also the school ship for the employees.

This quote makes me think that the customer for the 1 year test is indeed an [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] owned factory

• Shane:

I detect some falling out. Maybe even internal legal battles possibly about rights to the IPs. Vaughn's "descriptive language" of Rossi, Dardens avoiding talk of Rossi or the Ecat, support that. It seems a strained business proposition nowadays.

Possibly it is [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] getting better control over their communication. I believe that the whole F9 thing was required by [lexicon]IH[/lexicon].

Rossi blogging in the name of [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] is probably something not desirable and had to be curtailed. Possibly [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] was advised that Rossi's blogging was a liability.

• Official Post

This quote makes me think that the customer for the 1 year test is indeed an [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] owned factory

LENR Calender,

I think that is very likely. Others have come to the same conclusion. One of the best reasons I heard, was that due the "N" word and certification requirements, [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] could not legally use their Ecat in an industrial operation anywhere but on their own premises.

The duration of this test, may have served the dual purpose of R/D, and certification. Although Rothwell has said it will take hundreds of these things running without incident for a long time before being released to consumers.

Are they all into the same scam? Of course not. Are they cheated? For a while maybe, but not for years.

Given [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] has a "portfolio of technologies" and is engaged in research, it is not clear how any technology not working out would be a scam. [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] has not yet to my knowledge announced any working technology.

So in the case (which I think is very highly likely) that none of these technologies, including Rossi's, actually show LENR, what will [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] do?

The answer, surely, is what LENR research has done for so long. Take the indications that LENR supporters think constitute proof of something, and everyone else thinks is proof of nothing, as reason for hope and continue the research.

Let me ask this question a different way. What would they need to discover about Rossi's technology that would prove that (say) Rossi was a scammer? And, without such proof, what would they do?

Just as LENR is a non-disprovable hypothesis, so "LENR scammer" is an (almost) impossible to prove label.

So I disagree with the above quote, because in absence of proof of scam [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] would continue to hope. And I'd like those differing from me on this to take, for example, the Lugano test, which apparently convinced Woodford to come on board (correct me if I'm wrong on that).

(1) this does not in any way show excess heat
    (2) this was stated (genuine mistake) by independent scientists as absolutely showing anomalous excess heat beyond possible chemical explanation (as in the title).
    (3) they have never (to my knowledge) recanted that published view.

Now, no-one I think is accusing the Lugano testers of fraud - they just made a mistake. How could [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] know that Rossi has not made similar (genuine) mistakes?

• Does anyone now believe there has not been a fall out between [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] and Rossi? Rossi showed up for work a few months back and found all his competitors there with recorders in hand. :) There has not been a license divorce but the lawyers are gearing up.

March 12, 2016 at 9:42 AM
    Dear Andrea,Congratulations on your latest LENR theoretical discovery.Looking forward to its publicized release.Now that the 1MW test is over and your time is dedicated to the success of the E-Cat X at Leonardo’s lab in Miami, are you still [lexicon]Industrial Heat[/lexicon]’s chief scientist?

With much respect,
    Brokeeper

Andrea Rossi
    March 12, 2016 at 10:27

AMBrokeeper: No, my work in Leonardo Corporation absorbs my full time
    Warm Regards,
    A.R.

• Official Post

Possibly it is [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] getting better control over their communication. I believe that the whole F9 thing was required by [lexicon]IH[/lexicon].

LC,

Had Rossi not recently said that his Leonardo owns all IPs, and is doing all the R/D, I might agree with you. Never know though.

Brings up his Leonardo, since he mentions them frequently nowadays. To me, they have always been a shadowy, secretive organization. Who "they" are,; their payroll, their members, hierarchy, have always been a mystery. At least with his Leonardo Technologies inc (LTI), there were faces and a website. Nothing is known however about his Leonardo...or is there?

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Leonardo were not just he and his wife. Sure doesn't inspire much confidence when I see him referring to them again.

• From the Defkalion affair, we know that rossi does not take direction kindly and he is not a team player. He does not like bean counters. He must resent having to send a year in an iron box and work through serious sickness as required by the [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] performance contract.

• Official Post

BBCK,

Thanks, we can stop the speculating now about whether, or not, there was a change in the relationship, and get on to new speculation about why the change, and for good or bad? I don't like speculation, but since everyone else is doing it...why not. :)

I agree with Axil about Rossi's temperament and inability to work well with others. Evidence being his history of going it alone. Especially obvious due his reluctance to bring his prototype Ecat to a Siemens/GE and let them R/D it.

He probably started chaffing under [lexicon]IH[/lexicon]'s telling him how they want things done, doesn't take much with mercurial personalities like Rossis, and finally had enough. Not good IMO. I like [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] in the picture. They are the adults in the room.

• The change in relationship is probably not a bad thing, I'd say:

- Rossi got back to working independently the way he enjoys it best. He made some new break throughs in his work and is excited by it.

- [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] got their 1 year test done. They probably had to accommodate Rossi, but things must have worked out because the test did go all the way to the end. If the relationship had soured, things might not have gone all the way til the end of the test.

So in the end, the relationship between the patron and the artist has evolved, but the artist is probably happier and the patron was understanding enough to realize that it's worth continuing even though this isn't a classic business relationship.

• Just a short time ago, [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] applied for their own patent based on the Lugano test results. That must have been an effort to develop [lexicon]IH[/lexicon]'s own IP. A patent defines the IP. That patent was not granted to the best of my knowledge. There will be more attempts for [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] to develop their own IP.

Rossi might have decided it was safer for his best interests to keep his distance from [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] to protect his IP. Remember that Defkalion made of impressive effort to develop their own IP, and Rossi hated Defkalion with a passion.

Rossi and his funders have a mongoose and cobra love affair. It will be interesting to see who will eat whom.

• Official Post

If the International Patent will be granted by WIPO than Rossis statement of his ownership of IP for the E-Cat (Lugano Device described in the international application) is not true, because he was (as he said before on his own) employed as chief technical officer for [lexicon]Industrial Heat[/lexicon] LLC and was using the resources of the company. Beside the fact that he is not the only inventor named in the application, leads his employment for [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] to a shift of rights to exploit (manufacture, use, sell, import, licence) the IP of the patent, especially in North Carolina and 8 other US states.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patent#Ownership
    http://www.intellectualpropert…mployee-patent-policy.htm
    http://www.wipo.int/export/sit…ut-ip/en/iprm/pdf/ch2.pdf
    https://drive.google.com/file/…6Smxxbmc/view?usp=sharing

..and a long time ago a pointed out, that it is all about IP and if you have the holy grail in your hand you should have very good lawyers and it seems so that [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] have the better ones.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.