Press Release - Cold Fusion (LENR) Verified - Inventor Sues Industrial Heat, LLC.

Add all this up, and it doesn't assure the Ecat is real, but I think it comes pretty darn close to doing just that. Very exciting, and always, a very good story. Who needs action novels, when we have this!

Shane, you are not thinking this through.

(1) If [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] never intended to pay, but wanted to squirrel large amounts of money away in offshore companies as Rossi alleges, then the whole [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] Ferrago lends no credibility to Rossi and their DD is worth nothing.

(2) If they originally thought 100M would be worth it for working technology (and indeed it would) then why are they now not paying? They have, it seems, got the money. I can think of only one plausible reason for that change of heart.

However I'll say this - Rossi has at last given us excess heat par excellence!

• My reading of the lawsuit is that all of the patent stuff will be arguable. I imagine they had a gentleman's agreement which expired when they divorced. Or else Rossi is claiming things for which he has no evidence.

The big deal is that Rossi does not get his expected $100M so he sues. That is sort of understandable and the only reasons for this are:
    (1) [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] is an investment scam - hardly seems likely with Darden but I guess I don't know.
    (2) [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] does not believe that the long term test results claimed by Rossi are true.

I'd certainly back (2).

• Official Post

I strongly encourage to read the lawsuit filled by Rossi. Penon claims a COP in excess of 50.

http://www.e-catworld.com/wp-c…4/Leonardosuit01-main.pdf

Key allegations: The ERV report found a COP in average of 50 during the whole test period.
    [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] measurements at all times coincided with both Rossis and the ERV's.
    [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] failed to pay the US$89 millions that they obligated by contract upon the end of the test period if COP was at least 6.
    [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] unbeknownst to Rossi disseminated the trade secrets and attempted to patent themselves.

Now we have to hear [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] counterargumentation, but just on these points, it seems that this will be a long legal battle.

• Shane said "As one would expect it makes Rossi sound like a saint"

Bismarck said that lawmaking is like sausage making not pretty to observe the process

Technology development is the same. Tesla's AC generator patents and his relationship with Westinghouse were messy
    but the world has his sausages even though he died penniless.

I don't think Rossi is a saint and he won't die penniless... but the world will enjoy his sausages.
    The COP of btween 6 and 50 could be an average of 20.. those E-cat sausages could be very cheap.

• @Curbina

I've just reread the Penon report from 2012. He used IR thermography too, and got some strange results. I might have a go at decoding them, though there is a horrible lack of information.

Just as with the Lugano test there was no independent check of temperature, at least none recorded in the report. Also there are two clear and large technical errors in the statements about how radiation varies with angle.

You may find that [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] has good reason not to pay its $100M.

• Official Post

@Thomas Clarke:

An average COP of 50 and a company that will probably be subpoenaed to show the energy bills to back either part claims, can hardly be called a measurement error. Factor in that the maximum power a wich the plant was connected was 250 Kw, and then you can say that in the worst case scenario, the COP was 4.

• Mikefd wrote "when will we see the actual report"
    [lexicon]IH[/lexicon]/Cherokee probably stalled on report publication because they had no 100M.
    Unfortunately sub judice will delay report release until trial conclusion
    Rossi chose the public arena in lieu of the report.
    Court publicity works in Rossi and E-cat technology favour..
    Watch coal and oil prices in the next few weeks,

• Official Post

This is from [lexicon]IH[/lexicon]'s recent press release from a few weeks ago:

"We believe society suffers when technological advances and innovative experimentation are stifled; likewise, society and the industry suffer when results are promoted and claims are made without rigorous verification and precise measurement.

We value credibility through sound LENR research. That’s why any claims made about technologies in our portfolio should only be relied upon if affirmed by [lexicon]Industrial Heat[/lexicon] and backed by reputable third parties who have verified our results in repeated experiments."

After re-reading this in light of today's news, I read in their own words [lexicon]IH[/lexicon]'s justification for their actions in going beyond, or violating, the contractual terms as Rossi laid out in the lawsuit against; i.e. opening their own LENR lab, investing in other LENR players, doing their own IPs, and possibly even revealing Rossi's secrets to others in their portfolio, when they say: "We believe society suffers when technological advances are stifled". Put simply, they thought that violating the contract was for the greater good, and a noble deed.

The rest of their words starting with "likewise", appear to be their publicly aired legal defense for why they refuse to make that final payment to Rossi...It (test) wasn't "rigorous" or "precise" enough, not "reputable third parties" and no "repeated experiments"...as determined by us.

Interesting happenings, but like I said before, what matters to us, and society, are the results...are they trustworthy? I am no expert, but can three very qualified people (not including Leonardo) muck something this simple up?

So much posturing, legal machinations, and battling going on for some made up technology if you ask me, but I could be wrong.

• The burden of proof that the COP of the 350-day E-Cat run was less than 6 now rests with the Defendants. They will have to convince a jury by a preponderance of evidence that the COP was less than 6 or work out a settlement with Rossi to avoid a trial. It is apparent that Cherokee et al. were attempting to capitalize on Rossi's IP in more ways than one; licensing it, promoting his IP around the world (China, England, etc.) while attempting to patent an unlicensed variation of the same IP.. Furthermore, it is apparent that all parties to the test run have known for a year that Rossi's technology has been performing satisfactorily otherwise it is doubtful that
    [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] could have convinced Woodford would invest $50M.

At least, an executive summary of the ERV report has been released in the form of a United State District Court Civil Complaint and Demand for Jury Trial. This may prove to be the first court battle in the Energy Wars of the 21st Century.

I think I can see in the distance Rossi riding on a Black Swan.

• Official Post

As I have always said, it is all about intellectual property, the Ecat is like the holy grail, if you have the IP of an invention that can produce energy in a sustain mode with an COP between 6 up to 50 then you don't have friends anymore, the 89 Million $US are just a very small drop on an hot stone, this invention is possibly the most valuable invention ever.

The problem that I see right know is, that we, the LENR Community again are confronted with on the one hand side good news and on the other side very bad news. So my proposal is that we should split the discussion, this mixing up of technical and scientific information and the legal affair on intellectual property of the Ecat leads to nothing.

So I am waiting now for the report that's the most important thing, the other legal issue will be just a small footnote in history, that every big invention has.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.