Andrea Rossi on social responsibility

• Official Post

I have ask Andrea Rossi what he thinks about social responsibility of inventors, entrepreneurs, investors, here his answer:

Felix Rends
    April 7, 2016 at 5:18 AM
    Dear Andrea Rossi, next to all the hype around your patent litigation in matters E-Cat, I would like to ask you what is your own personal view on issues such as social responsibility of inventors, entrepreneurs, investors? Best regard Felix Rends – Moderator – German Section of http://www.lenr-forum.com

• Talking more specifically, with such an invention it would be socially advantageous for the inventor to minimise development time by teaming up with some large company, and also advantageous to license the IP freely so that capitalism could do its work and innovation from many people could be unleashed.

• Official Post

He would have been more socially responsible had he long ago taken his Ecat to GE/Siemens, or just about anyone other than a VC group! Why Rossi? By the looks of it, the Ecat was fairly reliable back in May 2013 when [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] accepted delivery after their 24 hour acceptance test in Italy. If the thing could run 24 hours at >6 back then, almost any of the international companies would have probably given him $1 billion right then and there. $100 mil is chump change for something so revolutionary.

Maybe, as Rossi has said, he likes his independence, and the big boys would have taken that away from him? I think it was 4 or so years ago that Italy's ENEL did their successful DD of the Ecat, offered to buy the rights, but Rossi walked away from the offer. Well. looking at the documents, he probably would have had more independence with any energy related, or even high tech company, and have most of the money up front than the choice he made. Crazy he went with Cherokee.

Business man he isn't. He has made his life far more difficult then it needed to be, and in the process kept from the society he claims to serve, this technology that could truly serve it!

• Shane D

I think you might underrate Rossi as an entrepreneur and humanitarian. It is my opinion he was cheated out of the family fortune in Italy probably by the Italian Mafia, he was not going to let that happen again but he also thinks the best way to make sure his invention reaches the people in need of it at an economically “fair” price and make sure it is not buried or the release restricted by cost and availability by someone like GE or Google; so he decided to license others to manufacture and to also manufacture it himself.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.