Industrial Heat Say Rossi Lawsuit ‘Without Merit’ (Triangle Business Journal)

• [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] are probably owed back their $10M anyway in the basis of incorrect testing and Rossi will not have it.

If that is so will Woodford Investment Management et al be in a good position to sue [lexicon]Industrial Heat[/lexicon] for fraud? Will any of the investors with Woodford be able to gain access to Woodfords 'due diligence' which allegedly took 2.5 years.

AlainCo asked an interesting question on the Woodford site October 1, 2015 at 11:40 am:

"Also what is your investment target .
    – Is it to invest in assets that will gain value from LENR development (Financial strategy)
    – is it to own some IP and industrial assets to be able to develop a LENR strategy with the rest of your industrial portfolio (Industrial leverage strategy)".

I didn't see an answer but if the answer to the second question is 'yes' then it appears [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] have achieved their aim which will be worth billions of dollars and in a very strong position to absorb the potential of Rossi's court costs and to pay him of his $89 million.

Perhaps we should watch what Brillouin Energy Corporation does next (if they have Rossi's IP)?

If of course [lexicon]Industrial Heat[/lexicon] also invest in Brillouin (and other LENR developers) then Woodfords investment might be secure. If we don't hear a murmur from Woodford then this will be 'a smoking gun'. The world may still see Rossi's E-cat but without Rossi; now watch the investors roll in.

I predict [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] will loose the case and will pay Rossi up, they will keep the 'Intellectual Property' which they have already paid for and while the case drags on will be putting their newly acquired IP to good use in a leisurely and marketable manner without what their investors might consider 'baggage'.

So everybody will win.

Best regards Frank

PS: That is unless Mary and Thomas are right!!!

• Official Post

Martin Tornberg wrote this on Lewans blog today. It is a pretty good legal assessment of the situation. I would think he wouldn't mind me posting it here:

The most plausible explanation I can think of is that [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] plans on making the case in court that Leonardo Corp and Rossi “have repeatedly breached their agreements”, as [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] put it in their press release. That most likely means Section 13, Covenants and Agreements, starting on P. 9 of the License Agreement, most likely including 13.1, which stipulates that “Rossi will provide ongoing training and support to the Company [[lexicon]IH[/lexicon]] in the use of the Plant and the production of the E-Cat Products….and to the extent reasonably requested by the Company to enable it to utilize the E-Cat IP, operate the Plant and produce the E-Cat Products.” In practice, Rossi likely kept everything under his own control and did not keep [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] fully educated with respect to the details of all of the trouble-shooting that took place during the 1-year test. Basically, Rossi did not provide [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] with everything that it needed to be able to produce and operate an E-Cat on its own. As a result, [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] was not able to independently recreate (“substantiate”) the results that Rossi was achieving during the 1-year test.

Rossi’s motivation for not working more closely with [lexicon]IH[/lexicon], not bringing them more fully up to speed, and not sharing all of his latest tweaks and fixes with them was most likely that he felt that they were not acting in his interests and he didn’t trust them. For example, he delivered the E-Cat to them in August, 2013 (and they knew for months that it was coming), yet even a year later, they had still not started the agreed upon 1-year test and didn’t do so until Rossi himself took the initiative to arrange a customer, a location, and certifications. In addition, they started filing their own patents and investing in Rossi’s competitors. As a result, it would have been understandable for Rossi to suspect (correctly or incorrectly) that [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] may have been trying to obtain as much info / IP from him as possible and utilize that info / IP on their own and/or in conjunction with other LENR companies that [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] had invested with.

• Official Post

Martin Tornberg

In my view, the License Agreement was flawed from the beginning by creating a conflict of interest between Rossi and [lexicon]IH[/lexicon]. The main conflict arises from Section 13.4 (“After Acquired/Developed Assets, Intellectual Property Rights”), which stipulates, in the 1st half, that any refinements or upgrades that Rossi makes to the E-Cat are also covered under the agreement, and, in the 2nd half, that after the agreement, both parties can do their own research and “all inventions, discoveries, concepts, ideas, information and anything else that the Company [[lexicon]IH[/lexicon]], its sublicensees, or any of their affiliates, makes or develops which relate to the E-Cat IP or are useful in the business….[etc etc]…shall remain the property of the Company (or such sublicensee or affiliate if so agreed by the Company)”.

This 2nd half of Section 13.4 is problematic because with this in place, [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] felt that it was well within their rights to not only fully utilize all E-Cat IP developed by Rossi, but also to build upon that IP themselves as well, file their own patents, and attempt to improve on Rossi’s technology independently of Rossi. If Rossi did not want them doing this, then arguably he should not have agreed to this in the first place – or he should have demanded an equity stake in [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] to keep their interests aligned. Of course, it is understandable that Rossi, not being a lawyer himself, may not have thought of this at the time and may have been eager to get the money that [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] was offering him ($1.5 million upfront plus $10 million upon 24-hour Validation plus $89 million after the 1-year test, which Rossi had been led to believe would take start right after the E-Cat was delivered in 2013, as stipulated in the Agreement prior to it being amended to allow for a later start date).

Once the agreement was signed and the E-Cat was delivered to [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] in 2013, [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] had an incentive to reverse engineer the E-Cat and start doing its own work in-house and via other partners. It also had an incentive to delay the 1-year test, so that it could a) delay paying $89 million to Rossi, and b) have more time to develop its own IP independent of Rossi.

Rossi, on the other hand, had 2 somewhat conflicting incentives:1) to fulfill the obligations of the Agreement sufficiently to collect the $89 million or at least a decent portion of it, and2) to divulge as little as possible to [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] about the ongoing refinements to the E-Cat (enhancements to the IP), in order to make sure that he stays ahead of [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] in the race to develop LENR-related IP, given that [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] was also engaged in its own research separate from Rossi, and given that Rossi had no ownership stake in [lexicon]IH[/lexicon].

The real mystery in all of this is why no one realized in the first place that the License Agreement was flawed and created a conflict of interest. The Agreement should have given Rossi a substantial ownership interest in [lexicon]IH[/lexicon], and it should probably also have given [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] a meaningful ownership interest in Leonardo, thereby creating a better alignment of interests. From Rossi’s standpoint, the Agreement shouldn’t have allowed Mr. Darden and Cherokee Investments to take the E-Cat IP and develop it on their own, independently of Rossi, via a company that Rossi did not have any economic interest in ([lexicon]IH[/lexicon]). Rossi signed away more than he intended to in Paragraph 13.4, resulting in a conflict between Rossi and [lexicon]IH[/lexicon].

• A lot of money is involved. We can't imagine it too well.
    I am convinced that there are very strong forces that will try to stop Rossi (and anybody with LENR) - all of this can be well prepared scene to mask what is really behind it. With even more money.
    The best thing he can do is to share all his knowledge publicly until it is possible. But this will very probably not happen.

I found the above quote by Me356 interesting.

Previously, he advised Rossi to share all his knowledge publicly. Then Me356 started sharing his knowledge, but then stopped. Now he has been silent for months.

I wish Me356 would take his own advice.

• I wonder if Mats Lewan has come to his senses yet or if he still thinks the ecat works. And of course, his blog is still closed to comments. I guess he doesn't want to hear from any dissenters.

• I wonder if Mats Lewan has come to his senses yet or if he still thinks the ecat works. And of course, his blog is still closed to comments. I guess he doesn't want to hear from any dissenters.

I don't beleive that the ECat/QuarkX "works" yet either. There is a need for a fail safe Artificial Intelligence (AI) control program that can replace Rossi at the controls.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.