Why Cherokee changed its tune?

Then why do you constantly ask cude to back you up. Are you paid by the same company?

You are way off-beam here.

Josh has an encyclopaedic command of the history of LENR, which I believe he has lived through professionally though I'm not certain. Unlike you (I guess) he has a personal interest in that history. His comments generally involve meta-information and a sociological interpretation of that information at odds with LENR ideas of "bad scientists gang up to persecute LENR".

Personally, I don't find such meta-argument very interesting - but Josh argues it with great passion and detail. One difficulty is that although I don't for myself know the facts, when challenged, Josh provides specific details, and answers other people's details with his own, whereas others can't do the same to him. In this domain he does this about 10X better than his opponents so I generally reckon he is right.

I'm here only because I got drawn into deconstructing the Lugano report and the results were so stark and surprising I've stuck around to see the end of the Rossi affair..

I've never found LENR evidence that is strong - but I wish the proposed He/excess heat experiments could be done (properly, with non-cherry-picked results) since this is the "last, best" route for LENR and it should settle the matter.

What I find a bit surprising, and ironic, is that IH is an LENR company - a truly altruistic one. And so many LENR types are slagging off IH because they are mesmerised by Rossi. I don't like Rossi's behavior because he claims miracle technology, does bad tests which do not prove those claims, and then tells everyone that the technology is proven. And when asked to make his bad tests good he refuses. IH and others seem to have fallen for this, but only in a minor way ($11M). It is still more than Rossi deserves on the basis of his flaky set of tests.

• Dear moderators,

(this is not, unlike when I made a comment about frankwtu, a joke).

This Deacon character is new here and has for his last 6 posts been insulting me. His accusation - that I am an (APCO?) paid poster - or a bot - is laughable and easily disproved. I have been laughing at this - but enough is enough.

Deacon itself has many of the appearances of a paid poster - though I think its not likely - please could you get him to stop derailing threads with snide accusations?

• Deacon

Don't let TC spook you, this is what he said in support of Mary Yugo who called a spade a shovel (she was pointedly rude) He is very supportive of free speech in reality.

"I don't apply the rules of this forum, because I'm not a moderator. So nothing I say can censor you. You will notice that I have not reported any of your posts and would only do so in very extreme circumstances which I can't imagine would happen. My tolerance level is high".

However, I would caution, don't be drawn into the 'ad homs' game, it does your case no good.

Best regards
    Frank

Best regards
    Frank

• You accused me of saying something I didn't.

OK - that is good. So why do you keep on wittering about paid posters on here and which ids other than yourself do you consider to be that? Maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick. Though I'm sure paid posters exist I don't believe there are likely to be paid substantive posters and I'm not interested in the other sort. Just ignore them.

• On vortex jed rothwell has been saying a bit about the ERV (or rather two ERVs):
    vortex link here

The bit I agree with wholeheartedly is:

Quote from Jed

It would be insane to pay $89 million based on a report written by
    Penon. I would not pay 89 cents. It would be insane to agree he is an
    expert. I am sure I.H. did not do that.

• The two ERV's are Penon, and the Satisfied Customer, the latter being the sole arbiter of whether the Technology is Useful....

That is not what Jed says. Read the posts on the link...

It seems that IH's "monitor" will be writing a report very different from Penon's - at least that is how I interpret Jed's remarks.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.