Inverse : Cold Fusion is News Again, But the Search for the Energy Holy Grail Ain't Over

• An moderate and mildly positive article on cold fusion, taking of basic LENR research, Rossi, the questions.... There is interview of Edmund Storms, Biberian...

[news=126,meta][/news]

• The link has some very interesting observations particularly from Ed Storms, worth reading in full:

Extract: Like Storms, Biberian stressed that palladium deuteride cold
    fusion has been proven again and again, but that nickel hydrogen cold fusion —
    the one with commercial potential — remains a question mark. On the plus side,
    he says that “palladium deuteride” results are improving.” Unfortunately, the
    people conducting that research are scientists more than engineers, and thus
    not particularly concerned with practical applications. It’s the practical
    application, after all, that has made cold fusion the bogeyman of the science
    world.

Best regards
    Frank

• CHEAP GREEN ENERGY - TWO ENGINES RAN WITHOUT FUEL – THREE MORE ARE UNDERWAY! AESOP’s 24/7/365 FUEL-FREE ENGINES WILL CHANGE THE WORLD!

A fast path to replacement of fossil fuels has been born. It results from pioneering experiments by Chris Hunter. He first modified a Ford 4 cylinder engine and more recently a Kia 4 cylinder engine. Both engines ran without fuel. AESOP's improved, proprietary, modifications of conventional engines will demonstrate manufacturers can readily produce millions of engines, of all sizes, capable of spinning generators and producing power 24/7/365 without fuel. The Ford and Kia prototypes, reflecting a decade of research by Hunter, a brilliant inventor, feature closed systems. The engines are filled with Propane as a refrigerant. The propane is not consumed. Once the engine is started propane continuously cycles through a phase change from a gas to a liquid. The energy source for such engines is atmospheric heat. This untapped source of solar energy is present everywhere on earth. It far exceeds the total energy available from fossil fuels. The engines create the necessary temperature differential internally. Frost forms on the exterior.

Hunter published plans for converting gasoline engines on the web. AESOP has reproduced them at aesopinstitute.org Click on NO FUEL PISTON ENGINES and scroll down to pages 11-15 for the details. See SECOND LAW SURPRISES under MORE on the website to understand more about the breakthrough science that makes such engines possible.AESOP is converting both a Briggs & Stratton engine and a Mitsubishi V6 engine to demonstrate that engine manufacturers can quickly mass produce improved, proprietary versions, of 24/7 fuel-free engines worldwide. AESOP also is prototyping a fuel-free turbine. See: aesopinstitute.org to learn more. A WHITE PAPER about these engines is available upon request.

Independent labs will verify and validate the new science. It opens a door to new 24/7 engine designs which need no propane and can be 3-D printed, generating jobs and cheap green energy across the planet.A variation of such engines can very efficiently convert heat from LENR into electricity.

Companies developing intermittent wind and solar systems can instead utilize solar powered engines to provide 24/7/365 continuous power, both at the point of use and with groups of multi-megawatt engines, at sub-stations, eliminating the need to extend grid power to wind and solar farms.

Imagine the implications! Engines that need no fuel and can run 24/7 while producing electricity. Hybrid cars (and electric cars with small engines added) can have unlimited range and sell electricity when suitably parked. Future vehicles might pay for themselves.

The task of moving this revolutionary science and technology forward has been a financial nightmare. AESOP (and myself) have been slandered by Trolls, including numerous rants by an anonymous individual, posting some truth and numerous lies, errors and distortions. He uses several pseudonyms, posing as a fake ‘Physics Board’. My Bio and AESOP's history refutes him and is on the aesopinstitute.org website.

Recently, Ken Rauen, AESOP's Chief Technical Officer, In Association with Bill Harrington, another AESOP scientist and engineer at his Rainforest Reactor Research & Temporal Dynamics Laboratory (where he is converting the Mitsubishi V6 to run without fuel), wrote An Introduction to Temporal Wave Mechanics (TWM). This paper provides an alternative to the Standard Model. To request a copy, write to me: [email protected]

• So: "There is the pretty epic thinkpiece in Aeon."

Would that be the article on Aeon where Huw Price said: "There are credible reports that a 1MW version of his device, producing many times the energy that it consumes, has been on trial in an industrial plant in North Carolina for months, with good results so far."?

The plant was in Florida, not North Carolina, and the "good results" are Rossi suing the company that agreed to the test, and said company accusing Rossi of fraud.

And this article was written MONTHS after the lawsuit between Rossi and IH started. It seems that Prof. Price has written interesting things about Time. Well, it's Time that he comes back to THIS universe. Epic, shmepic!

Edit: The article is "The cold fusion horizon"

• Huw Price is a philosopher, or possibly a sociologist. Not a scientist, nor an investigative journalist. I'd hope no-one here would take his comments as more than they are, drawing selectively from current affairs to support a particular philosophical (sociological?) treatise.

So: he was wrong before, how he changes his views now we do not know, but in any case his expertise and probably interest is not really the matter at hand, but more, I believe, some abstract sociological point that he thought was illustrated by the matter at hand.

He'd probably argue that his general point remains valid regardless of the specific facts here. I'd agree, which is why I don't view philosophy (sociology?) as a good predictive indicator as compared with hard science.

• I don't view philosophy (sociology?) as a good predictive indicator as compared with hard science.

I think it depends upon what you are attempting to predict. Philosophy gave science much of its early logic framework. It is intrinsic in the scientific method, as are many other disciplines. Science itself is not that good at prediction - where are our flying cars, for example?
    Measuring the predictive power of sociology is more tenuous I suspect, but then I am not sufficiently expert in the field to judge. The past, as described by Historians is an equally uncertain guide to future events. I think on the whole that any attempts to predict the future -wether of the weather, stock-market moves or whether you will get laid tonight are beset by many uncertainties, So many in fact that we might as well concentrate on shaping the present to be the best present we could possibly have.

• Science itself is not that good at prediction - where are our flying cars, for example?

That was a failure of engineering, not science. Also, few experts in aviation in the 1950s were predicting flying cars. They said that air traffic control limitations would preclude that. When people proposed flying cars, aviation experts usually told lawmakers that would be a terrible idea, and they tried to stop it.

In the future, air traffic control techniques may improve, and fully automatic flying vehicles may become possible, so flying cars may become possible after all.

• That was a failure of engineering, not science.

I would regard engineering as a scientific discipline and the bastard love-child of physics. Or maybe the other way around. While its roots may be in craft by the time the Wright brothers came along those same roots were supporting a huge growth of material science and mathermatics.

• Longview wrote:

If I recall correctly, you long ago indicated here a sociological interest in LENR / CF. Is that correct?

I've only been posting here a month or so, as you can see. I did recently say that I find the psychological and (implictly) anthropological issues surrounding the Rossi affair and LENR fascinating. But I've always been clear that is distinct from the science, which also interests me.