Examples of Cold Fusion in nature.

• Dear Axil,

Science is the way to dislearn to believe what we see.

Each morning, my eyes see with no doubt that the earth in front of my window is flat. But my mind told me that's not true.

We must dislearn to use the eyes of our physical body in order to use the eyes of our mind.

Looking to a video of a solar eruption of ten time the size of the earth, I have no way to understand if it's made of liquid lead, gas, plasma, hot whisky or anything else.
    But I can try to use my mind in order to answer to this question.

For exemple, I can see that solar protuberances never change the path of sungrazing comets. I can infere that the density of these bodies is very low.

Moreover, sungrazing comets INDUCE solar eruptions. If a celestial bodie of some kilometers diameter is able to "suck" a protuberance of ten time the size of the earth, I can infere that it is probably a very light jet of plasma, with a density very low, probably near the pressure of the space. (some micrmeters of mercury)

Nice to read everyday your comments on this forum.

Regards,

FD

• Are there any examples in nature of elements combining together in a specific environment found in nature to give a third element which is a combination of the others?

The only possibility I can think of might be muon catalyzed fusion produced at random in nature from a cosmic ray derived muon hitting a stray deuterium atom which then combines with another and ends up in a fusion process.

• @ axil

You wrote:

"Water Molecule Spreads Out When Caged
    This will be a shock to the people who think of particles as queue balls."

Not to me - since I see materials as being held together by external pressure and not internal tensions. Tensile forces between particles are simply reductions in pressure. Negations in the same way that Dark is merely the absence of Light.

http://www.zen111904.zen.co.uk/Southampton paper.pdf
    (for some reason this site puts an arrow on the end which sabotages the link. Use cut and paste into the address bar to get rid of the arrow - then it works)

I would therefore expect the water molecule to spread out if some of the external pressure is carried by the cage.

It's funny to think that paper we wrote was presented to a Southampton University International Conference on Materials just a year after Fleischman (requiescat in pace) took up his post as Faraday Professor.

• Adding up the atomic weights on either side of the above equation gives agreement to 0.15%
    Since Fleischmann and Pons have shown that electrochemistry on the small scale can transmute the elements I see no reason why it shouldn't also transmute the elements on a large scale.

It is my hypothesis therefore that the above equation is correct and the smell of sulphur associated with lightning arises from the transmutation of water vapour and nitrogen to sulphur.

• Of course I'm serious. Seriously serious. :)

I've discovered other things which have been overlooked.
    Not only overlooked but totally ignored, in spite of their obvious significance.

It's a bad habit of science to completely ignore things it can't incorporate into the existing canon.
    Like :lenr: for instance, eh!

And what are those other things?
    Well, the three water vapour equations of state for starters.
    You will find them on Professor Chaplin's Properties of water site.

• Okay, I believe you. You certainly look serious.
    And this is seriously bogus:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:D

(Ok, it is only on your playlist, you did not make the machine.)

• @frank Grimer
    It seems the "usual" explanation is more straightforward than yours and doesn't involve any "exotic" nuclear reaction: the smell of sulphur you experience after a lightning is due to a "normal" combination of oxygen molecules (O2) into the O3 form (ozone). 3O2 -> 2O3 is the reaction induced by lightning.

Barney

• By the way, do you know why there is a thunder and not a bang (except when the strike is very close)?

A bit of Déjà vu :)

Reminds me of the answer to a meteorology exam. Describe how a thunderstorm forms.

Young Per: "Well, the clouds get charged with plus and minus. The water in the cloud gets electrolysed into hydrogen and oxygen. Then you have oxyhydrogen, which creates the lightning and thunder."

Although wrong, I think Per should have full marks for an inventive theory. Like the ones we see here now and then...

• It seems the "usual" explanation is more straightforward than yours and doesn't involve any "exotic" nuclear reaction: the smell of sulphur you experience after a lightning is due to a "normal" combination of oxygen molecules (O2) into the O3 form (ozone). 3O2 -> 2O3 is the reaction induced by lightning.

Its even more simple. Modern air in citys always contains sulfur (thanks to burning coal and oil..)

You can smell H2S in very low concentrations far less than 1 ppm.

• Although wrong, I think Per should have full marks for an inventive theory. Like the ones we see here now and then...

Another possibility for the smell of sulfur in the vicinity of ball lightening would be induced decay of trace amounts of 32Si when the ball lightening passes along a patch of soil:

• 32Si → 32P + β− + ν + Q (220 keV)
    • 32P → 32S + β− + ν + Q (1710 keV)

(This is a variation on this explanation for ball lightening.)

• Official Post

One of my relatives still bears the actual physical scars of her encounter with ball lightning as a young girl. She mentioned the small of sulphur and the way her brother's hair stood one end as the ball hovered in front of them. She was standing near a cast-iron rainwater pipe and the ball suddenly darted into the exit hole and exploded inside it. She got shrapnel wounds. Amazing but true.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.