Cutting Through the Fog Surrounding the Rossi/IH Dispute (Josh G)

Could the fact that the glowing alumina enclosed glowing resistive heaters make a difference to the apparent overall or band emissivity?

Overall, yes. Band, not really, since the al2o3 is much more opaque at the IR frequencies.

• Jed Rothwell et al said:

"No, as I told you several times, I pointed to the paper Penon published on the internet. In my opinion, it shows he is an idiot. You can read it yourself. Perhaps you will disagree."

My issue is the evaluation by IH of what was done before the contract was signed and what was done after it was signed and the reasons for those acts.

Why was JED who is renowned for his expertise in LENR testing and calorimetry not consulted before the test was contracted? If IH has 89 $million and and additional $billion in licence fees on the line via this contract, why wasn't the top man in the LENR testing field contacted for his opinion about the ERV.

Why is IH reaching out to all and sundry now after the verdict on the test is in?

If the ERV is the sole arbiter of the validity of the technology, every warm body including Jed should have be contacted for a recommendation. I can only conclude that this horrendous lack of due diligence can only mean that IH never intended to abide by the judgement of the ERV if that judgement was contrary to their business plan.

It sounds like IH ask Rossi for his recommendation, and Rossi supplied Penon. This does not make sense to me. If IH intended to meet the terms of this $Billion contract, they should have done more far due diligence.

The lack of judgement on the contractual preparation for this test is epic and is equivalent to leaving a loaded gun in the crid of an infant. Who's the more foolish; the fool or the fool who empowers him? ...

Instead, they made Penon the only person with the authority to make a judgement in this test.

Penon in effect became Judge Judy in this arbitration between Rossi and IH.

Judge Judy is an American arbitration-based reality court show presided over by retired Manhattan family court Judge Judith Sheindlin. The show features Sheindlin adjudicating real-life small claim disputes within a simulated courtroom set. All parties involved must sign contracts agreeing to arbitration under Sheindlin.

Once the contract is signed, Judge Judy is given absolute legal authority in the case at hand. When the verdict is rendered by this Judge, the issue is legally resolved.

The plaintiff cannot say that Judge Judy is an idiot and the plaintiff is not bound by what she says. NO, the issue at hand is adjudicated. IH who gave the ERV binding arbitration authority over the E-Cat licence agreement.

It does not matter who or what Penon is, he was given the authority under the contract by the two parties involved in the contract to make the judgement and his decision regarding the test is absolute.

Arbitration is the most traditional form of private dispute resolution. Arbitration is a binding procedure. It is often "administered" by a private organization that maintains lists of available arbitrators and provide rules under which the arbitration will be conducted. Such organizations can also manage the arbitration in whole or in part. Parties often select arbitrators on the basis of substantive expertise. Arbitration is adjudicatory, as opposed to advisory, because of the fact that the arbitrator (usually a retired judge or attorney) renders a decision at the end of an arbitration hearing, and that decision is final and binding, subject only to a very limited court review.

• Axil - You know Rossi's history and sensitivity to testing - he bristles at the sight of Labview. It has to be his way or the highway. IH said fine - we'll do it Rossi's way with a $1.5M advance. The Lugano test passed under the auspices of some esteemed experts and that was good enough for IH to finalize the license agreement with another $10M payment. Rossi's proposal of an additional $89M payment in exchange for an extraordinary 350 day test at 1MW steady state was a mindbinder and the only option Rossi would consider for the next stage of testing. It was a great path to commercialization as a pollution mitigating technology if it worked. IH would have been happy to pay the additional $89M if Rossi succeeded and had the funds lined up but test integrity collapsed not too far into the process. You have to consider the possibility that trouble was spotted early on by IH and tracked thru to the test end where it got really ugly once Rossi realized that he was BUSTED in a massive deception. The judge is not going to appreciate hearing about Rossi's behaviour and actions in the early morning hours of inspection day.

Why doesn't anyone from Planet Rossi ever ask why Rossi sued so quickly after the 5 day ERV report cycle with litigation that was months in the planning?

• Official Post

You have to consider the possibility that trouble was spotted early on by IH and tracked thru to the test end where it got really ugly once Rossi realized that he was BUSTED in a massive deception. The judge is not going to appreciate hearing about Rossi's behaviour and actions in the early morning hours of inspection day.

Dewey,

That may explain why IH did not shut the 1 year test down earlier; with $89 mil on the line, it was cheaper to continue on while accumulating iron clad proof of Rossi's deception. On this "inspection day" when he was "busted", did Rossi have a stethoscope in his ears, and a guilty look on his face? :)

And what about Penon...was he on the premises and informed of IH's findings, or suspicions, at that time? Could you give us a date this happened so we can write it onto Eric's timeline? Don't have to give an exact hour, but the day and those who confronted Rossi should do it. If you like, you can also add some juicy little bit's and pieces so we can gossip about it.

Still lots left to flesh out the story before we write the final chapter. I would imagine Rossi will have something to say about this one, apparently seminal, event you mention. That may be when he started preparing the lawsuit. The adage: "a good defense, is a good offense" comes to mind.

Take care, and I agree with the others that you should stop with the Planet Rossi stuff. It might make a good T-shirt logo on ECW, but does not go over well here.

• Nigel - you're under the influence of the Planet Rossi propaganda machine. If possible, you need to relax and allow your perception to broaden to recieve additional information and other viewpoints. All IH investors are intentional professionals who know that they are doing. The bet on Rossi was very intentional and a long shot with everyone being fully aware of Rossi's history and reputation. Thank God for Tom Darden and the folks at Woodford for caring enought to put capital at risk with the goal of bringing LENR out of the dark ages and into a stage where we can figure out how to put it to work. We may be 2 years away or 5, 10 or 50 years too early but we are moving the ball down the field. Its time for all folks who really care about this sector to realize who is taking the risk, putting capital in the most of the right places and making progress. Rossi's ongoing deception and greed will no longer be the focus in the not too distant future. I hope that you're capable of grasping that possibility.

This is an interesting post. It says:

1) LENR+ works
    2) Rossi is a fraud.

This seems like a very unlikely scenario. Assuming LENR works, it is just way more likely that Rossi has something than not.

If Dewey's post represents what the people at IH believe, then I am glad I haven't invested a dime with them.

However, it is unlikely that people at IH believe that. I think they are smarter than that.

My belief is that they just don't like working with Rossi and want to dump him for some other LENR researchers.

• The judge is not going to appreciate hearing about Rossi's behaviour and actions in the early morning hours of inspection day.

IH made the determination that Penon was the ERV, was an expert in the field, and gave him absolute arbitration authority in the licence agreement.

The Judge is going to ask IH if they gave the ERV absolute authority as the agent of arbitration to determine if the terms of the licence agreement were met. Then the Judge will ask the ERV if he has determined if the terms of the Licence agreement were met. The ERV will say that in his expert judgement, the terms of the licence agreement were met. The Judge will then rule that the terms of the licence agreement were met.

What Rossi thinks or does, if the e-cat works or not, what IH thinks or does are all immaterial to this arbitration. The key to the legal case is the judgement of the ERV since he is the absolute agent of arbitration. All the other noise is immaterial to the legal case at hand.

After the favorable ruling by the judge in favor of Rossi, if I were Rossi's lawyer, I would request an injunction to prohibit IH from selling any LENR based product until it is proved in court, that all these IH products contain no Rossi IP.

• Official Post

Interesting webpage on fog production .. maybe lithium will cure my fogged up :) brain

https://thenewfire.wordpress.c…merican-energy-companies/

I am a bit surprised, that something like that can be done unrecognized in secret, if so many people are involved! But in addition to the recognizable activism of those energy giants (British Gas is the No.1 in the UK), shows for example the request of the House Committee on Armed Services of the US Congress to the US Secretary of Defense, that besides the positive effects of LENR also exists an enormous risk potential!

http://www.popularmechanics.co…874/us-house-cold-fusion/

The US Congress is not asking for example the United States Chamber of Commerce, they ask the US Secretary of Defense to comment on LENR! And it is indeed a good question, is there a possibility to stop armies, that never run out of energy? Or concerning the markets, is it possible to mastered the massive negative monetary effects of collapsing energy markets? What is about the millions of employees, the engineers, technicians, managers, administrative staff, support staff, etc. which are working today in the energy sector, often on some complicated and expensive equipment? What will happen to the employees in the manufacturing industry, the suppliers, the transportation sector if, as the NASA over 3 years ago predicted, there will one day a nuclear reactor in every basement and it is additionally simplest technique like an e-cat? http://climate.nasa.gov/news/864/

Even if the diagram in your link looks like a conspiracy against Andrea Rossi, so the question arises whether this is all a coincidence, or whether it is indeed a coordinated attack and if this is the case, what is the goal of the protagonists? Are they trying to prevent LENR to save their own business, or are they trying to steal the IP to make the business on their own? Definitely it is all very foggy, also concerning this discussion here, that gets a bad aftertaste in the light of such information.

• I, as a researcher LENR, always confused two facts in chemical analyzes of fuel A.Rossi:
    1. Initial approval A.Rossi that the energy conversion of nickel Ni to copper Cu. Then A.Rossi denied this, citing refusal by the fact that there was contamination of nickel copper from the heater.
    2. Test the fuel and ash in Lugano showed paradoxical chemical analysis - initial powder was contaminated by iron, carbon, and the final powder does not contain impurities. Usually LENR reactions of the process is reversed. In experiments it was confirmed Parkhomov - ash was dirty, raw powder - pure. This fact suggests that А.Rossi replaced the fuel ash on isotopes of nickel and lithium.

• Just seen this, not sure what to make of it.

Looks like the case has been reassigned to Judge Cecilia M. Altonaga. Senior Judge James Lawrence King no longer assigned to case. But then the next item in the docket is "Case Reassignment of Paired Magistrate John J. O'Sullivan.

Looks like John J. O'Sullivan is a 'big gun' and has a great deal of experience as a 'special agent for the criminal investigation division of the inland revenue service. He lectures at the National Advocacy Centre, the Federal Law Enforcement Training Centre, the FBI and Inspector Generals Academy. He lectures on 'money laundering', 'organized crime', 'corruption', 'extradition', and 'judicial independence' at the FBI and for the United Nations worldwide.

This guy will be no 'walk in the park' for anyone.

https://www.ignet.gov/sites/de…livan_-_J_(Mag_Judge).pdf

Best regards
    Frank

• Rends said “so the question arises whether this is all a coincidence, or whether it is indeed a coordinated attack”

I would say it was coincidental, the suggested network of relationships around Jones Day is rather selective..

The author could have easily extended the network to Donald Trump or Starbucks…. Who are also Jones Day clients

However humans and corporates will oppose change unless it is in their interest,
    For BIG energy whether British Gas or Centrica , LENR, is a threat
    Whether Rossian or non Rossian.

And now for some humor in this techno-addict forum
    Once upon a time the automobile was a threat to horses.. ;)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Rends

thenewfire.wordpress.com/lenr-…merican-energy-companies/

I find this is best viewed by downloading the pdf, then viewing parts magnified to 400% or so, then the documents can be 'read' and are 'revealing' to say the least.

If these links can be 'proven' to have 'significant substance' then Rossi's claim may have 'legs'.

Best regards
    Frank

• Axil

The key to the legal case is the judgement of the ERV since he is the absolute agent of arbitration.

I don't think it will be 'absolute' but it will certainly be stronger than the Lugano report and therefore stronger than any Lugano 'critique' since it forms part of the contract and Lugano does not, yes you are right about that. In any case the ERV report 'post dates' Lugano so is stronger as it might be argued 'lessons were learned'. So what the 'sceptics need is not a Lugano critique but an ERV report critique. Perhaps Darden has one, but then that will not be part of the contract for the reasons you give, and may not hold sway in the court room.

Best regards
    Frank

• The ERV made two rulings first to award 1.5 million to Rossi and then another $10,000,000 based on his judgement that the Rossi reactor worked. This sets a precedent that IH accepted the judgment of the ERV as competent, impartial, valid and binding.

But now when it comes down the billion dollar judgment, the ERV is a fraud. I don't think that line of reasoning will hold up in court. Such and argument seems inconsistent, against precedence, arbitrary and self serving.

Is the ERV competent only when he serves the interests of IH? Is that justice and fair play; the court will decide.

• Official Post

I would say it was coincidental, the suggested network of relationships around Jones Day is rather selective

@ Robert
    It is complex, but as I understood the Jones Day connection is just a kind of "side effect", the center information is Industrial Heats former owner IPH INTERNATIONAL B.V a subsidiary of NRG Energy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NRG_Energy that is cooperating with Direct Energy a Centrica subsidiary in the US and owner of British Gas (connection to Thomas Clarke) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrica that has in February 2016 signed a contract with Lockheed Martin where the Industrial Heat Shareholders Deep River Venture LLC (John Dewey Weaver, Cherokee) has a connection.

I find this is best viewed by downloading the pdf, then viewing parts magnified to 400% or so, then the documents can be 'read' and are 'revealing' to say the least.

@ Frankwtu
    I am using Firefox internal PDF viewer with 150% and yes, it is very interesting and it is really a kind of cutting through the fog, but at the same time the questions that arise are generating even more fog.

• This place is a train wreck of confusion and misinformation with not much chance for recovery. Not sure where you're getting your information from Rends but you're publishing several falsehoods and your last post is a veritable fog machine. You can start with this on your re-think- there is no connection whatsoever to Lockheed Martin. Check your source(s).

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.