Cutting Through the Fog Surrounding the Rossi/IH Dispute (Josh G)

• The comment string appeared to be getting to close to the truth and was deleted. Mats is now deleted NCKHAWK comments on the other strings as well. Doesn't look good for him at all.

Maybe the discussions can continue at http://www.energikatalysatorn.se/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1577 It's uncensored and unmoderated. Up to now mostly in Swedish. But that could change.

• Official Post

Dewey,

Good to see you here. I followed along on Lewan's blog and keyed in on you (NCKHawk)), Guest, and Sifferkoll. Kind of hard to put it all together, but you seemed impressed with Guests synopsis of how IH went from being excited about their shiny new toy, to cautious, to suspicious, as events unfolded. It seemed to put things in proper context, and went far in answering some of the believer's questions. I am too lazy though to dig into the 700 comments to find it.

The other thing I found interesting from that discussion, was that the 1MW in question...which I believe is the one and only 1MW plant, was padlocked by IH and Rossi both, according to you. I believe Rossi claimed at one point the customer was still using it, which would be hard to do with it locked up. :) And also, if true, it underscores the seriousness of the disagreement, and the polarized feelings, between Rossi/IH. There seems to be little middle-ground for compromise...or a settlement.

Anyways, we don't really speculate round here. We are too dignified for that, but we do gossip a lot, :) so feel free to join in.

• <a href="https://www.lenr-forum.com/forum/index.php/User/603-Thomas-Clarke/">@Thomas Clarke</a>
    I think the copper in the ash was determined to be brazing rod, based on commensurate phosphorus (flux), and was contamination introduced when sawing open the old design which was made of various plumbing parts.

That is interesting, and is a solution that would make that finding possibly innocent.

Maybe Rossi has some 62Ni which got mixed up when the reactor was broken open? You will understand why I view more contamination as likely here - though I'll give Rossi credit that I'd expect an innocent explanation of it to emerge on due course.

Tom

• On the speculation. Jed had a valid point on Mikes thread. Rossi, being a lawyer's nightmare, keeps on saying things in response to web comments to try and justify his claims. IH, as you would expect any serious company, are putting together a coherent reply which we will get in due course. Until then the near libellous speculation about IH by Sifferkoll and others is very poor form.

• Official Post

On the speculation. Jed had a valid point on Mikes thread. Rossi, being a lawyer's nightmare, keeps on saying things in response to web comments to try and justify his claims. IH, as you would expect any serious company, are putting together a coherent reply which we will get in due course. Until then the near libellous speculation about IH by Sifferkoll and others is very poor form.

Well Tom, you at least learned to spell "Sifferkoll", but now you are calling Mats -Mikes. You crack me up! :)

Keep in mind too that those siding with Rossi feel he is the one being libeled by the IH supporters. Truth is, at this point both sides are taking liberties against each other, choosing sides based on little more than their intuition, and whom they trust more. Even those claiming insider status lack the complete picture.

• Shane D - thank you for the welcome. Mats blog did get a little wild but Mats had no problem as long as things were mainly open field running for Rossi supporters. That changed when Mats wanted to get to the truth and it further evolved into direct engagement with the core of Rossi's cadre. It was a slugfest but we learned a bunch of useful information. Things were starting to get very interesting when Mats appeared to stop or paused his search for the truth using the crowd-sourcing approach.

I'd love to engage in some direct dialogue with CimPy and Thomas - they were amazing in the brief search for the truth run on Mats site.

The 1MW unit was padlocked on the spot for reasons that will have to wait for the court. That unit is the property of IH and better be in the same state that it was left with both the Rossi and IH locks in place and intact.

Where did you see a comment that Rossi was still supplying heat to "the customer"?

• @Alan Smith

Since you re-posted here, I'll add my response to you that I also posted on ECW:

Hi Alan - I take offense to you calling me a troll and accusing me of personal attacks/behaving like an animal.

I'm not sure which of my comments you believe were over the line, but I've actually tried really hard not to stoop to that level and stick to commenting on what I've learned or heard without final judgment. I agree with you that some of NCKhawk's comments crossed the line of showing his anger, and I hope you'll remember that I commented on that as well asking him to stop throwing around the "fraud" word even if that's what he thought.

Please let me know what you found offensive and I'll try to be more careful going forward.

And just FYI, I am also an LENR believer.

• @Thomas Clarke
    I very strongly doubt Ni62 just fell into the Lugano ash.

The copper braze discussion can be found in the old "leaked" fuel-ash report. There may be a translated version somewhere. Otherwise the Google translation of the Swedish is reasonably good.

Edit: "De partiklar, som innehöll Cu i det gamla provet, innehöll 18 % fosfor, 12 % syre och 70 % koppar, figur 9. En del av detta fragment kan vara oxiderat, därav förekomsten av syre. Cu och P förekommer i en mycket vanlig legering som används vid hårdlödning. Lod med CuP vid dessa proportioner är speciellt vanlig vid rörmokeriarbeten. Är det möjligt att detta fragment härrör från sådana lödfogar? De reaktorer som Rossi konstruerat förefaller ha bestått bl. a av hårdlödda koppardetaljer."
    Translated: The particles, which contained Cu in the old sample, contained 18% phosphorus, 12% oxygen and 70% copper, Figure 9. A portion of this fragment can be oxidized, hence the presence of oxygen. Cu and P occurs in a very common alloy used in the braze. Lead with CuP at these proportions are particularly common in plumbing jobs. Is it possible that this fragment derived from those solder joints? The reactors Rossi constructed appears to have consisted, among others, with brazed copper details.
    - ANALYS AV TVÅ TYPER AV NICKELPULVER, 2013.

• We'll I'll be - Guest is here!

To your point, I did get a little carried away on Mats blog and apologize to everyone for the heated moments. I was sick and tired of the character assassination efforts against Tom - a good man who walks the talk and puts his money where his mouth is. Sifferkoll was tough to stomach with all of his attempts to help out his buddy Rossi. I have no idea where he got all of those companies from that he somehow associates with my name or businesses. After we identified that he had what looked like a financial conflict of interest then it really got interesting. We don't need bog this civil venue down with that unpleasantness so that is maybe a good place to stop.

• Recently, I opened the vial of 62Ni purchased from Trace Sciences by MFMP, to extract a tiny sample for microscopy. Note that Trace Sciences has supplied 62Ni to Rossi in the past. Trace Sciences enriches nickel as a nickel tetracarbonyl vapor in a centrifuge. Then, after enrichment, the nickel tetracarbonyl is reduced to precipitate the nickel metal as a powder. However, the morphology of the resulting 62Ni powder will depend a lot on the conditions during the reduction of the nickel tetracarbonyl (temperature, pressure, time), so the morphology of the 62Ni powder was unknown. Even Trace Sciences could not say what the powder morphology would turn out to be. Well, examination under the optical microscope showed that the particles were "chunks" that were from 10 microns diameter to ~700 microns diameter. The average particle size was probably about 400-500 microns in diameter. There were no spiky or flowery features to the powder particle surface visible under the optical microscope.

To me, the Trace Science 62Ni particles in the sample purchased by MFMP bear a strong resemblance to the "Particle 1" in the Lugano ash (see Appendix 3, page 45 of the Lugano report), which proved to be 62Ni from the ToF-SIMS analysis on page 50. I am including the photo I took of the Trace Science 62Ni sample so you can judge for yourself.

• Quote from Shane

Truth is, at this point both sides are taking liberties against each other, choosing sides based on little more than their intuition, and whom they trust more.

While there was unpleasant insult on both sides, one thing you and Mats could well consider is that not all questions are evenly balanced.

In this case we have heard Rossi's side and only rumours from IH, who naturally keep powder dry for Court.

However even so an objective but decisive person would see clearly the scales are weighted against Rossi because of the consistent way in which his tests have avoided being tests, or shown no excess heat when conducted by competent independent parties (Hydrofusion test).

Even the ECW die-hards were getting restive over Rossi's talking up a new customer with a new test for the new e-cat-x which by the way is still in development - it does not exist yet.

That means things must look pretty bad for Rossi! ECW bans anyone who does not post as a credulous Rossi-believer.

So, even-handed does not mean judging both sides equal given current information.

• @BobHiggins,

I am not so sure that the EDS results are for the same particles as the ToF-SIMS (but they maybe they could be).
    Note that the Particle 1 image, page 45, shows only two grains selected for EDS.
    For SIMS there are: Ash, Figure 9, bottom of page 50
    Then there are two ash particles without nickel, one of these without lithium, Figure 11, page 52.

• @Paradigmnoia

Yes, I am taking the leap that the ash Particle 1 from the SEM/EDS and the ash analysis on page 50 are the same particle. The SEM/EDS analysis was likely done on powder mounted on a Ted Pella sample holder using the common sticky carbon (conductive) tape made for just such applications. They may have just taken this Ted Pella sample from the SEM/EDS and used it in the ToF-SIMS while on the same sample holder. Both analyses were done with the sample mounted to a sticky carbon tape.

• There were no spiky or flowery features to the powder particle surface visible under the optical microscope.

To me, the Trace Science 62Ni particles in the sample purchased by MFMP bear a strong resemblance to the "Particle 1" in the Lugano ash (see Appendix 3, page 45 of the Lugano report), which proved to be 62Ni from the ToF-SIMS analysis on page 50. I am including the photo I took of the Trace Science 62Ni sample so you can judge for yourself.

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1504/1504.01261.pdf

On the Nuclear Mechanisms Underlying the Heat Production by the E-Cat

Norman D. Cook and Andrea Rossi
    ------------------------------------------------

================

The comparison of the two nickel particles may just show how nickel particles looks after they may have been melted.

The temperature of the core must have reached a temperature greater than the melting point of nickel in order for the ash to melt and adhere onto the inner surface of the core's alumina face. This melting process would have removed the "spiky or flowery features to the powder particle surface".

The processing of the Ni62 sample may have included a melting process to remove the "spiky or flowery features to the powder particle surface" that is usually found on catalytic nickel powder.

Furthermore, during the melting process in the core of the Lugano reactor, how could the saulter guarantee that no other fuel particles in full or in part would mix into the Ni62 nickel salted particle. To retain the pure Ni62 purity through a month long test where the nickel was melting and in vapor form in unlikely.

The Lugano test was an IH enterprize and was designed to support the patent that IH latter filed supporting their IP claim. Rossi was forced to support this demo. Why would Rossi who has no interest in this test, salt the fuel with totally unexpected and unbelievable ash sample. It serves none of Rossi's interests.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.