Holmlid/Kotzias : Phase transition temperatures of 405-725 K in superfluid ultra-dense hydrogen clusters on metal surfaces

• Official Post

Rob Woudenberg on LinkedIn Cold Fusion E-cat and LENR groups make reference to a recent article by Leif Holmlid and Bernhart Kotzias

https://www.linkedin.com/group…32340-6132874986727231489

New publication by Holmlid and Kotzias shows new leads to Airbus LENR research
    The latest scientific publication of Em. Prof. Leif Holmlid and Bernhard Kotzias "Phase transition temperatures of 405-725 K in superfluid ultra-dense hydrogen clusters on metal surfaces" indicates a possible cooperation between the university of Gothenburg and Airbus.

Bernhart Kotzias currently is employed by Airbus Defense & Space and has been involved in LENR research for a while. He filed a patent application some time ago owned by Airbus: WO2015040077, ENERGY GENERATING DEVICE AND ENERGY GENERATING METHOD AND ALSO CONTROL ARRANGEMENT AND REACTOR VESSEL THEREFOR

The article is probably this one on scitation
    http://scitation.aip.org/conte…dva/6/4/10.1063/1.4947276

Abstract

Ultra-dense hydrogen H(0) with its typical H-H bond distance of 2.3 pm is superfluid at room temperature as expected for quantum fluids. It also shows a Meissner effect at room temperature, which indicates that a transition point to a non-superfluid state should exist above room temperature. This transition point is given by a disappearance of the superfluid long-chain clusters H2N(0). This transition point is now measured for several metal carrier surfaces at 405 - 725 K, using both ultra-dense protium p(0) and deuterium D(0). Clusters of ordinary Rydberg matter H(l) as well as small symmetric clusters H4(0) and H3(0) (which do not give a superfluid or superconductive phase) all still exist on the surface at high temperature. This shows directly that desorption or diffusion processes do not remove the long superfluid H2N(0) clusters. The two ultra-dense forms p(0) and D(0) have different transition temperatures under otherwise identical conditions. The transition point for p(0) is higher in temperature, which is unexpected.

“Only puny secrets need keeping. The biggest secrets are kept by public incredulity.” (Marshall McLuhan)
    twitter @alain_co

• I would like to emphasise that the paper itself is not the reason why I posted this item on LinkedIn, but the fact that this has been a paper showing a cooperation between Holmlid and Kotzias or in the broader sense: University of Gothenburg and Airbus.

• I am a fresh member in the group. I have been trying to understand the new physics possibly associated with cold fusion from TGD point of view (for "Topological GeometroDynamics" see my profile).

I learned this morning about the new paper by Holmlid and Kotzias and to my surprise found that the reported picture about superdense phase is consistent with TGD view. The superdense proton sequences could be interpreted as dark nuclei identifiable as dark proton strings - dark variants of ordinary nuclei (actually pairs of them to explain superconductivity/superfluidity). "Dark" means a phase of ordinary matter with non-standard value of Planck constant h_eff=n*h and n about 1000 predicts the linear proton density reported by Holmlid.

Anyone possibly interested about details can see my latest blogpost http://matpitka.blogspot.fi/20…-for-tgd-based-model.html and the article http://tgdtheory.fi/public_html/articles/cfagain.pdf at my homepage published also in Prespacetime Journal edited by Huping Hu.

Matti Pitkänen

• A few personal observations on the paper, after reading it a bit:

* Hydrogen Rydberg Matter (HRM) still exists on the surface of metals at least as hot as 750°C (judging by the TOF spectra, the upper limit - if there's any - is probably way higher than this), which should clear some of the previous doubts about its stability at higher temperatures.

* Ultra-dense hydrogen (an extreme form of HRM) is produced by the K:Fe2O3 catalyst both by admitting hydrogen directly through the catalyst pellet at elevated temperature, or - albeit at a lower rate - by a more indirect slow diffusion of the gas in the chamber.
    This is not in the paper, but I personally suspect that in this case the starting low pressure used (< 1e-6 mbar) is helpful, since as far as I understand from other papers the volatilty of the alkali oxide promoter in the catalyst is instumental in catalyzing the formation of RM (which means one might want a low pressure, a high temperature or both).

* There's a temperature above which the ultra-dense hydrogen underoges a phase transition. This temperature depends on the metallic surface it collects on and is correlated with its melting point (the higher it is, the higher the transition temperature). For nickel surfaces this temperature is approximately 150°C. This transition temperature is lower when using deuterium.
    Although it's not related with it, this reminded me of indications by others (e.g. Piantelli) that exceeding the Debye temperature of the transition metal used is important. Perhaps they were actually seeing this transition temperature?

• Dear Matti.
    The conservative minded people on this site have a hard time handling me, but wait until they get to know you.

The connection between LENR and Topological GeometroDynamics is monopole magnetism and the non commutative quantum mechanics that both require.

Welcome

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.