me356: Reactor parameters [part 2]

• @gameover

So cynical! Actually, I think if someone would provide BG with a place to source this new powder from, I bet he would be open to getting some and distributing it to the MFMP builders. Assuming the price of the powder was reasonable.

It does not look that hard to make or as dangerous as the old Ni carbonyl powder. The required equipment is a ball mill, aluminum and nickel micron powder, and sodium hydroxide.

The resulted NiAl samples were, thereafter, mechanically milled using a mortar in order to get NiAl powder. The obtained powder was chemically processed in 25 % sodium hydroxide solution. After leaching, the remaining powder was dried in vacuum and then annealed in hydrogen [3].

The physico-mechanical and microstructural characterizations were performed in all the technological steps. The microscopical investigation and the identification of the phases in the material were made on samples, which were prepared for metallographic investigations by electrochemical etching (50 % methanol – 50 % HCl solution).

This is strange...

Effect of Milling Time on the Formation of NiAl Nanostructure Intermetallic Produced by the Mechanical Alloying Process In the present study, NiAl nanostructure intermetallic produced by mechanical alloying process was investigated. Pure Al and Ni powders with the ratio of 50 at.% were mixed and milled in a planetary ball mill for different milling times in the range of 8 to 128 hours. The milled powder particles were investigated by XRD technique and scanning electron microscope. Williamson-Hall equation was employed to calculate lattice strains and crystallite sizes. The results showed that NiAl intermetallic formed after some milling times. The observation of flame or explosion in the vial just after the uncovering of it, in some cases, showed intense interaction between Al and Ni atoms after homogenization during milling. After longer milling time no flame and explosion was observed while NiAl intermetallics had been formed. Therefore, NiAl intermetallics were formed under different conditions with different structures and properties. The crystal sizes of obtained NiAl particles were less than 10 nm. The hardness changes in particles and also their internal strains were affected by milling operation at early stages of milling but they were mainly affected by transformation process of (Ni,Al) solid solution into intermetallic NiAl at longer milling times.

• After reading around on lenr etc I wanted to give it a blast. My simplistic interpretation that I want to test is this. Get some raney/jm nickel/hydrogen catalyst. Apply heat and specific waveforms to induce reactions. I think the waveforms are the key to making the hydrogen resonate then the magic happens. I believe nickel should transmutate and this can then be analysed. I work for a lab so that's easy to arrange. I don't care for cop just want to show transmutation in first instance. I guess adding lithium is like a booster. My problem is little knowledge of electronics or generating the necessary em stimulation. Does anyone have links to papers that specifically look at stimulation rather than just heating cycles? The only bits I have read are by Chris strevens but he's too mashed in the head to talk to sensibly.

• There are a myriad of ways for obtaining or producing skeletal catalytic Ni powder suitable for LENR experiments. To the extent of my knowledge, none of them have been taken advantage of in the past 2-3 years by the MFMP and associated parties, despite numerous suggestions by several commenters. My conclusion is that they are not interested.

It is.

This type powder is not raney nickel. Its method of production is different from raney nickel. The way it is produced keeps the very fine nanoscale nickel mesh structures intact; that increases the surface area by 100 times over that of other nickel based powders.

See above...

The crystal sizes of obtained NiAl particles were less than 10 nm. After etching, the cavity sizes on nickel are under 10 nm.

The plasma process that Rossi uses sinters together fine nanopowders to form the very fine nanostructures.

In raney nickel, the Ni–Al alloy is prepared by dissolving nickel in molten aluminium followed by cooling ("quenching"). Depending on the Ni:Al ratio, quenching produces a number of different phases.

• Official Post

This super nano nickel powder is Rossi's powder as shown in the Lugano demo. It is about 100 times better than the Ni carbonyl powder that MFMP uses.

This is not true. Nice idea, but completely wrong.

Also

The plasma process that Rossi uses sinters together fine nanopowders to form the very fine nanostructures....

What can you tell me about this? And where did you see it mentioned?

• Official Post

There are a myriad of ways for obtaining or producing skeletal catalytic Ni powder suitable for LENR experiments. To the extent of my knowledge, none of them have been taken advantage of in the past 2-3 years by the MFMP and associated parties, despite numerous suggestions by several commenters. My conclusion is that they are not interested.

Not quite the case. Lookingforheat has never stopped researching and experimenting with Ni preparation methods, including pre-baking and Hydrogen loading cycles, testing different grades and types of Nickel powder and even Microwaving. Next up is probably pre-treatment by boiling in distilled water and then rapid heating to 'explode' the water out. Talking is IMHO generally quicker and easier than experimenting. :)

• This is not true. Nice idea, but completely wrong.

The analysis of the Lugano fuel sample presented in the Lugano report shows that Rossi uses an electrode make of tungsten doped with rare earth elements to sinter nickel particles in a fuel preprocess step. This electrode could be a welding rod doped with rare earths to increase rod conductivity. Lanthanated tungsten electrodes (AWS classification EWLa-1.5) contain a minimum of 97.80 percent tungsten and 1.30 percent to 1.70 percent lanthanum, or lanthana, and are known as 1.5 percent lanthanated. The DC arc from the welding rods is used to sinter the 5 micron particles into a particle size profile as defined in Rossi’s patent: 1 to 100 microns with increased porosity of the resultant particles.

look at all the rare earth on the surface of the fuel particles

• Not quite the case. Lookingforheat has never stopped researching and experimenting with Ni preparation methods, including pre-baking and Hydrogen loading cycles, testing different grades and types of Nickel powder and even Microwaving. Next up is probably pre-treatment by boiling in distilled water and then rapid heating to 'explode' the water out. Talking is IMHO generally quicker and easier than experimenting. :)

I have now given you two powder production methods to get the cavity size down to single digit nano sizes, ball milling and plasma sintering. Now you can give your customers the best nickel particles that money can buy.

• Official Post

I see the 2 graphs on p48, but the subsidiary peaks are not mentioned at all in the final analyses (that I can see). I always assumed that this meant they were either 'noise' or known contaminants. What makes you think that these are materials produced either by pre-treatment or transmutation?

If you are making inspired guesses about pre-treatment methods, please say so. If you have solid info, then say so too.

• The required equipment is a ball mill, aluminum and nickel micron powder, and sodium hydroxide.

Since when do we use Alumin(i)um for LENR???
    Didn't somebody claim it's a reaction stopper?

If you are making inspired guesses about pre-treatment methods, please say so. If you have solid info, then say so too.

To get really fine, holes I would use a combination of sputtering/leaching cycles. Others use oxidation/leaching finally deoxidation(hydrogenation).
    But don't forget that the particles surface should be as plain as possible.

With ball milling: How to you guarantee that the particles have a homogenous, narrow size bandwidth?

• The spherical mill is in the nature effect of millstones! Cold nuclear synthesis means happens in crust at the expense of which various minerals turn out. Learn geology!

Нефть - это кровь планеты, надо сделать модель планеты и мы получим генератор Тарасенко, эта энергия покорит вселенную! :lenr:

• I see the 2 graphs on p48, but the subsidiary peaks are not mentioned at all in the final analyses (that I can see). I always assumed that this meant they were either 'noise' or known contaminants. What makes you think that these are materials produced either by pre-treatment or transmutation?

Note that the heavy elements on the surface of the fuel particle were not removed by the sputter cleaning for 180 seconds. THis implies that these elements were welded onto the surface using a very high temperature process. The broad range of heavy element dispositions were most probably generated by a transmutation process during fuel preprocessing, most probably in spark discharge.

Also note the presence of an element with the nucleon number of 23. That element is sodium. It was most probably deposited on the surface of the fuel particle in an etching process with sodium hydroxide.

• I just wanted to remind people of a few things:

1) Super exotic powder is not required to produce the Rossi Effect. Songsheng's nickel was not even carbonyl.

2) Me356 claims high levels of excess heat is possible utilizing nickel WIRE and lithium.

3) Piantelli and Focardi produced excess heat with bulk nickel.

What's important is what we do to the nickel.

• According your understanding how could these additives interact with NI, Li etc .. which formula ?

If your question is directed at me, my working assumption is that LENR depends upon one two or three of the following things: (1) a heavy nuclide, possibly an alpha emitter, that can fission or decay by way of alpha decay; and/or (2) a nuclide theoretically (or actually) unstable against beta decay or electron capture; and (3) something like hydrogen or deuterium, or electric arc discharge, etc., to provide non-equilibrium conditions at the surface of the "fuel" sufficient to radically change the electron density for brief periods of time.

One important assumption here is that solid state modeling (modeling the electron density in a solid) is not yet good at dealing with non-equilibrium conditions, and that conditions can vary far more wildly for brief periods of time than has been assumed up to this point.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.