me356: Reactor parameters [part 2]

• Dear Hanks,

I have a theory. As you may know from the principles of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, atoms with odd number of protons, like Hydrogen, can be put in resonance with RF pulses. The resonance frequency is about 43 MHz for each Tesla of magnetic field. So the atoms must be put in a static magnetic field, and as you may know, nickel is ferromagnetic, so it can remain magnetized. I suggest you (and any interested replicator) to have a DC current in the coil and then a pulsed square wave in another coil or added to the DC in the same coil, to have a static magnetic field and an RF pulse, to see if hydrogen atoms, put in resonance, with the spin flipped by the RF pulse and finally left to spin and return to rest state (see any MRI principles manual for details of the process) see any speed-up in the reactions.

Best regards,
    Marco.

• Official Post

Axil said

Why do they have to wait? They can get a signal generator and setup their Dogbone and feed signals into their heater wires until the their DogBone fires up. Or bring on the monkeys...

Bring on the monkeys indeed. So we go from Infrasonic up to the Terahertz band. That will take a while - and a truckload of equipment. Send it round when you have time.

• Bring on the monkeys indeed. So we go from Infrasonic up to the Terahertz band. That will take a while - and a truckload of equipment. Send it round when you have time.

You don't necessarily need truckload of equipment. What Axil means is that when you feed in square wave or otherwise 'spikey' waveform they consists of multiple frequencies (of sine waves). Please see again fully video axil posted me356: Reactor parameters [part 2] or google wikipedia on 'square wave'. I think that is the reason why me356 could confirm that both Triacs and MOSFETS are fine in controller. So in short if you pass 'spikey' waveform it consists of many high frequencies.
    MOSFETS can be driven to make pulsed output either from 50/60Hz sine wave input or wide range of frequency if input is first rectified (and filtered by capacitor) to DC and then pulsed by FETs.
    Whereas Triacs are typically used to pass through only parts of input sine wave. So base frequency remains same as input, but output is more 'spikey' because of fast partial cut of wave.
    If I would have time and skills on LENR matter I would try with MOSFETS and DC, driven by PWM output of $15 Arduino Nano boards. Programming is easy even elementary school kids routinely do this. See for example: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/SecretsOfArduinoPWM . needed SW would take around 30 to 100 lines of code depending do you want simple fixed base frequency pwm or adjustable one. Then it would be matter of running through the pwm (ratio) range in loop with spleep() included.
    I would use DC because then it would make possible to test also what me356: Reactor parameters [part 2] and others have proposed.
    Googling topics like 'inverter' or 'switching power supply' would give you hints what kind of external circuit is needed to achieve enough power on output (arduino gives only TTL levels).

• I implemented a simulation of SCR/TRIAC behavior in the Lugano test environment. (Phase angle mode 326 Vpp 50Hz AC, 45° Trigger with 12.5ms delay.)

That's the corresponding FFT of a single line SCR output:

I'd be excited to read something from me356 about frequencies.

Edit 20160512 19:09 UTC Picture changed to represent an inductive load (1µ, 1.2 Ohm - single line - no delta)

• Hank Mills: Please read my posts again. I have clearly written I will publish the results and required data for replication. Very probably more than you wish. But it will be just not immediately. Nothing more.

Hank Mills: Please read my posts again. I have clearly written I will publish the results and required data for replication. Very probably more than you wish. But it will be just not immediately. Nothing more.

Hank Mills: Please read my posts again. I have clearly written I will publish the results and required data for replication. Very probably more than you wish. But it will be just not immediately. Nothing more.

• Official Post

Sorry guys, it seems there is something running bad with Hank Mills down voted regularly...
    I read too fast to understand really (maybe I don't want to understand too).
    It would be an idea to move all debate about IP sharing to a specific thread, letting technical data here.

beside that about divulgation and community and self interest I will state my position.
    I would find it good that people get benefit from their efforts on LENR, whether it is Rossi, Me356, Celani, Weaver, Darden, Godes, Storms, McKubre, Jed, and even David, barty and me...
    I've worked for free software while being paid by my boss for local projects. Me and my companies were paid back because our problems were solved, our bug were fixed, maintenance was done for free, and our ego were flattered by thanks and citation. That is a business model. Forget the "Free software is for humanity"... it was well understood mutual self interest.

I understand that people like rossi, and why not some scientists and hobbyists want to get paid back as they deserve with the IP model. in short it cannot work. forget it. patent or secrecy won't work.

The second is that inventors should understand that the biggest job in innovation is not technology. capitalist take risk with their own skin, if not their own money, at least their own future as VC. Commercial efforts, industrial infrastructure design and building, are very hard too.
    Good news is that there is room for inventors and many LENR actors to have a modest business model... There is also room for people who simply are aware of LENr and prepare applications... If you cannot dig gold , sell the shovel, the balance, or manufacture coins or jewelry.

Finally for people like me356 my advices is to share data with people who share data, who are helpful for you, and to try to write some deal so that if one of the replicator find something, the others can use it under some conditions, and that if one make money with LENR, the others who shared honestly while the weather was bad, will get a share of the benefit of the lucky guy who worked hard too...
    Do that quickly, fully, courageously, and you will run faster like a wolfpack against a wild cat.

I don't like the pure charity model as there is often hidden payback and hidden incentive, that may be bad, or good... If people play like I did with free software the charity model, why not, but let make it clear what is the payback...

having fun, changing the future of your family, having a fantastic CV on linkedin to be hired by wealthy company, having you name on Internet and many fan, reducing the heating bill of your house, creating a LENR bike manufacturing company,... choose what is your payback, but be clear at least in private.

what will work is when your motivation meet someone else motivation in a positive way.
    Since LENr will be on average positive, mutual self interest are not impossible to find.

Now I find it good that me356 cross check his data, and share it with people he trust, before facing the extreme skeptics.

By the way, thanks, and sorry not to participate more, I do what I do best, watching...

To convince the masses immediately and in a way the naysayers cannot argue against requires high power density.

As a naysayer I'd like to correct that. It requires high energy density and foolproof calorimetry. Not high power density. You can get your high energy by running for a long time as long as the calorimetry is good enough that signal >> errors - including long-term drift. But that is not difficult if you specifically set out to do it.

• Now I find it good that me356 cross check his data, and share it with people he trust, before facing the extreme skeptics.

Do you feel the same way about MFMP's open science, real-time data streaming? There should be no open science because those "extreme skeptics" might poop in the true extreme believers' punch bowl? :oops:

• Dewey

So, can you confirm the ERV (Penon) report is now in the court docket? If it isn't, can you confirm IH will be placing it there soon? When? If it doesn't get into the court docket soon it will not be considered.

Besides what you and I think will not matter, it’s what the Jury thinks that matters! If the Judge thinks the Jury will have problems, he may ask for expert witnesses, then the fun will start. How about Nathan Lewis?

Best regards
    Frank

• I'd politely request you to take it to another thread. (May be there is personal messaging here to inform the person you are asking?)
    Its supposed to be a technical thread about the latest reactor. I see its totally hijacked by the usual noise makers.

• @Tom Paulson Your FFT graph of a simulated SCR spectrum is nice to look at, but rather deceptive. The log scale obscures the reality that the harmonic at 1 MHz is ~110 dB (3 X 10^-6) below the fundamental. I'm not saying that a chopped waveform doesn't have higher harmonics. However, only those below around 100 kHz have significant ) amplitude.

In addition, the self-inductance of a typical heater coil acts as a low-pass filter. I measured a corner frequency of 50 kHz for my Glowstick coils. Higher-frequency stimulus thus requires a different mechanism, perhaps rods passing through the reactor end seals. This feature is part of the GS6 design now under development.

• @magicsound

You're right, I took a resistive load and had selected this picture, simply to show what's in a chopped signal, but surely not to deceive anyone. A complete real simulation with real values of the Lugano environment is not possible, because there is so much data lacking in the report, that some missing values can only be re-calculated under some assumptions.

MFMP goes a better way, I know ...

P.S.
    Recently, I have opened a thread here, to explicitly recommend rods through the end caps. ;)
    I changed the picture, which now shows an inductive load.

• @Tom Paulson Your FFT graph of a simulated SCR spectrum is nice to look at, but rather deceptive. The log scale obscures the reality that the harmonic at 1 MHz is ~110 dB (3 X 10^-6) below the fundamental. I'm not saying that a chopped waveform doesn't…

@magicsound You pointed important thing I have been thinking also. If stimulus is to be caused by high frequency and with some amount of energy, much better way is to tune own, coil and wiring, just for that. For other readers this can be explained in other words ' rise time (dV/dt) of square wave indicates how quickly amplitude of higher harmonics gets filtered down.' And that rise time depends on inductance of the coil.

What would save lots of time from replicators, if someone have found out from Celani:s patent is it the static magnetic field (with DC component), high frequency magnetic field, ultrasound, spark (or hammer as me356 said) or what that is needed. Or maybe me356 could throw that bone to replicators?

• To be honest, I don't quite understand, why me356 remains so shy regarding basic demonstration of his effect - it's for example possible to show the glowing portion of reactor behind mirror together with particle detector and to demonstrate, how the radiation correlates with temperature of reactor. Such a demo video would not expose any know-how about actual setup (or at least no more, than the existing photos already did) - nevertheless it would remain convincing evidence of nuclear reaction running there.

The one thing is to keep know-how secret, the other thing is unwillingness to demonstrate the point.

• Looking at the situation with the best interpretation of me356 motives: One reason may well be his consistent recent observations of residual radioactivity / neutron flux. Further, if he has good COP numbers, he does not want to get into a premature situation similar to Parkhomov or other replicators whose good intentions fell away to charges of incompetence or worse once the observations were critiqued by well-meaning observers. That is not to mention the IP possibilities that may lurk there, after all me356 may well have uncovered or discovered novel ways to increase output. Even with the best and most charitable goals such as saving the planet, it would be precisely the wrong thing to prematurely release key innovations to "sharks" who then attempt to tie up the technology as "litigable" IP for another 21 years.... long enough to irreversibly damage sea levels for example.

Leave the guy to do his work. Hope for the best. Whining and begging is not flattering to the beggar and does not do any good, anyway.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.