me356: Reactor parameters [part 2]

• Based on some modest knowledge of enzymology, and also some familiarity with redox cycling toxicity, I would guess that the usual appearance of transition metals in catalytic situations stems fundamentally from their dual or multiple oxidation states, which more specifically may have energy spacings suited to the particular reaction being catalyzed, where one level of one metal may be associated with activating one reactant and another may enable stabilization of say the transition state. By rapid shuttling between oxidation states, such metals and /or combinations of metals can effectively undercut activation energy requirements. How that aids in a possible LENR, I could only guess--- but it seems like a promising area for investigation.

• Until we (hopefully) hear from me356, all those replicators who are understandably frustrated with me's current reluctance to share his secret should let out their frustration by pounding their fists on the lab table on which their reactor is standing.

• /* to share his secret */

IMO there is no secret - you got picture of discharge reactor and all relevant information already. Just put the HF discharge from solid state Tesla coil to tungsten or nickel sample (foil) in hydrogen atmosphere at elevated temperature and pressure (few bars are enough). The AC voltage should be superposed with DC voltage while having metal as a cathode. When lithium vapors are also present, you can get much higher yield but also neutrons - but as we could read, the lithium is not really necessary for to demonstrate the effect.

The people like you will whine about lack of information all the time, until you couldn't buy the ready-made product at e-shop. You don't want to make the experiments by your very own anyway - so why do you actually care?

• You can improvise the HF discharge source from ozone generator device, which you can buy cheaply at E-bay or elsewhere. It generates around 17 kV/20 kHz AC output.

http://www.banggood.com/AC220V…rifier-DIY-p-1053320.html

The AC output must be rectified with high-voltage diode, though http://www.ebay.com/bhp/high-voltage-diode The reason is, you want to implant the hydrogen ions beneath the surface of nickel, not just to stimulate the LENR with vibrations. One-way rectification is enough here.

• Bob Greenyer's visit to me356 has been delayed by illness.

https://disqus.com/home/discus…ction/#comment-2680443785

Ok - me356 has just written to me to say he is not ready for me yet due to a little illness and other work commitments slowing him down. He is at pains to say that he stands by things he has said recently and will write to me with an update in due course. I, in turn, have said that I will make myself available to visit him from the this Thursday to the 30/5 and from the 7/6

This does explain why he has gone quiet recently (other than because of all the harassing) and it is good that the communication line is still open.

I will update immediately I know more

• /* Greenyer said that Parkhomov had exhausted his original supply of nickel powder except for 1 gram that he planned not to use. Parkhomov reportedly replaced the nickel with a supply he purchased over the Internet in addition to substituting Kanthal A1 heating element wire for the Nichrome he had been using previously. */

The negative result can be quite easily possible after then. Ironically the elderly nickel samples may work better than the fresh ones, because the porous surface layer of oxides gets reduced with hydrogen under conditions of experiment and after then it can provide larger surface area for initiation of reaction. The recommendation for formation of nickel from nickel oxide in situ seems to be memo from this story. Compare also discussion here:

http://www.e-catworld.com/2016…rkhomov-replication-videohttp://www.e-catworld.com/2016…xcess-heat-oystein-lande/

As Me356 also pointed out, the Parkhomov style of reaction without EM field stimulation is highly non-reliable, difficult to control and probably not worth of attempts for further replication in home conditions. It may just serve as demonstration of flexibility of LENR reactions. After all, try to imagine how our old predecessors handled the fire: its ignition was also highly work-consuming, unreliable and probably subject of secret of many tribes.

• <span style="text-decoration: underline"><b>Size matters when reducing NiO nanoparticles</b></span> :

<a href="http://phys.org/news/2012-11-size-nio-nanoparticles.html" class="externalURL" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">phys.org/news/2012-11-size-nio-nanoparticles.html</a>

To get maximum of highly active nickel sites, it needs to be macro-porous "Carbonyl" nickel powder (recovered and deposited by the Mond process, as used since 1890's) - see: http://www.hunterchem.com/nick…ess-hydrogen-reduced.html

And then reduced again in-situ (by >=24 hour slow ramp to ~380C at >20 Bar H2) after being exposed to air (during mixing/grinding with nano-shell Lithium plus solid LiAlH4) to create highly-reactive nickel hydride sites ready for whatever it is you want to achieve.

• >>Hank Mills: Please stop harassing me356. He is VERY concerned about long-term health of you and other replicators.
    Please invest your efforts at present in researching how to shield yourself from free neutrons (as well as radiation).
    If you want to know more about triggering the reaction, then study Piantelli's European Patent...
    P.S. Your points 1) thru 7) above are all >=99% correct IMHO.

• What is the purpose of the use of LiALH4, with the Al that hinder the reaction? Why not use LiH? I read that is produced in intermediate state of the reactor... Is it dangerous? Unstable? Difficult to product/extract?

Lithium hydride is not something you buy over the counter! YES is the answer to all three of your questions. LiAlH4 provides the H required in a Parkhomov type experiment. External source of ultra-pure H2 would be far better because it's far more controllable.

• I've come late to this party but I like how me356 is approach the quest. Simply by making as much as possible controllable.
    And then explore the parameter space by working hard. That in itself can explain why he claim a result where others are lost.
    That's how someone in the Vanguard at the front line should work. Of cause it's all words atm but I supprt the approch. In
    optimizing settings in industrial equipment there is a math field known as design of experiments. Employing those techniques
    means that you try to vary as much things as possible and with quite few tests and optimize quickly. I like those ideas but find
    that practically few researchers employ the techniques. Also I would try to decouple the EM stimulation from heating is possible
    e.g. have one heating wire of high resistance and a stimulation wire of low resistance in order to decouple heating with EM stimulation.

• Official Post

Btj2SAID...

What is the purpose of the use of LiALH4, with the Al that hinder the reaction?Why not use LiH? I read that is produced in intermediate state of the reactor...Is it dangerous? Unstable? Difficult to product/extract?

Yes indeed LiH, as 'Been There' said is very difficult to obtain. Lookingforheat.com have had some on back-order with a manufacturer since early March.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.