me356: Reactor parameters [part 2]

• It just seems for me, we can also see a bit of blue haze around active zone of reactor. It could be indeed an artifact of camera, the sensor of which is overflooded with IR radiation.

Camera is some raberry pi includes, he mention it. It is not imposible find model he uses.

Blue halo is maybe beta emission hit to nitrogen, ceramics dosn't shield it well. Betas are claimed quite often. Me356 have offered more pictures from that reactor, dimensions are easilly calculated from standard bricks etc. He claims nice cops from that style reactor but cop still <10.

Then he build quartz (is it sure quartz?) tube reactor where he test modulated plasma discharge and claims cop level 200. Before he had mention also he don't use powders. So inside can be some rolled Ni foil, bunch of cutted Ni wires or powder (powder may affect vacuum pump / float in tube..?)
    Unmodulated discharge is seen in picture. Have anybody idea from pressure, voltage, and current levels? Picture give lot of data. Posible modulation frequency range?

Heater coil is powered with triacs / mosfets etc. directly from mains generated DC (mention in some post) (or rebuild diffrent, unlikely). So heater generated/modulation B-fields teslas are low. Some early 2015 pictures how coil is done, looks same old owen pipe(?)
    Posible heater modulation frequency range 0-100khz?? Impedance can calculate if it is same owen as 2015 picture.

I think there is so much data that there is not need to wait me365 publish it. It need replication and programmig skills to find all posible modulations. Raspi can do it in some weeks, desing look robust enough to last months in such low heater temp <<700C.
    If cop 200 then result is clear.
    Ni preprocess is important, there are oxidation/reduction recipies that work at some level and me356 mention that only one succesfull replication report describle it.

And if tube is quartz it dosn't resist molten lithium, so quite big posibility that there is not lithium at all or me356 risk tube live..? He give claims not to use lithium sometimes.

Add more pieces to puzzle please

• Ok, me356 give lot of data from plasma (B) reactor when read whole thread, there is some collected.

Two pictures from reactor (B) show that heater is moved between pictures. Maybe fuel piece little too. Corona/arc little expands near heater in picture 1, suggest there is only small piece of nickel/tungsten.

There is lot of data from plasma reactor/conditions, but me365 tell fuel preprocess only little. Ideas what he have done?

• Official Post

You can easily make nickel grains porous by subjecting them to consecutive oxidation-reduction cycles at high temperature. Yes, it is dangerous. People have talked about heating nickel particles at about 200°C to make the absorbed water explode, but I think this is a misinterpretation of the Rossi patent, not to mention ridiculous. This is not going to cause explosions. However when you reduce oxidated particles with hydrogen you are actually forming water in its entire volume. And if the process occurs at high temperature the water formed will flash vaporize. The end product can be then ball milled for reducing overall particles size.

I have performed this maneuver a few times at 200C using chemically generated and dried Hydrogen at 1Bar max and a good Vacuum pump. It is time consuming and not particularly risky. You see a little bit of water vapour momentarily condensing on the upper part of the vacuum flask on each hydrogen cycle, but the VP soon takes it away.

The 'explosion' stuff is probably a translation artifact - the process results in 'popcorning' the Ni particles perhaps. Nothing has gone bang - er even crackle yet. Lacking an SEM or even a seriously good mettalurgical microscope it's hard for me to be sure about precisely what happens- I am inferring, not claiming..

• Official Post

It can be dangerous if the reduction with hydrogen is carried out at very high temperatures in the order of 800-1000 °C and over, as illustrated in the paper previously linked. Luckily at these temperatures a greatly lower H2 pressure than 1 bar is sufficient for the process to complete with success.

Easily accomplished in a reactor. Only problem I can see is the super-clean Nickel sintering into a lump.

• Any of you guys following engineer 48 at ecat world seems to be getting interesting overthere

Can you give direct link where engineer48 explain what is under hood in me356 reactor or other lenr systems? For fast search I can only find (scam) selling 1K$ kit.

me365 claims powder form is not needed. But don't talk Ni/W foil/bars/wires pretreatment. What kind of surface it should be to work well and what kind of surface known working reciepies generate?
    If The thing is surface, powder give only advantage that it have more surface area so not so good pretreatments can generate enough reactive sites to get noticiable XH. Good pretreatment can do bar/foil reactive enough to get XH?
    Ni pretreatments?

From me365 older thread:

They are old text and he can think diffrent now, but hydrogenation with cycles can be worth to test. It may affect Ni surface and can do in pretreatment process. 8bar is easy with botled hydrogen.

• Can you give direct link where engineer48 explain what is under hood in me356 reactor or other lenr systems?

Hello eros: I would invest 2-3 hours in studying the Ethiam patent US20150162104A1. They discuss many different effects (When to use Fe2O3/Fe3O4 ,Ca,K etc.) to enhance LENR reactions. In fact their writing is a decent summary of usefull methods(and ideas)!

• Alan Smith:

You might well be right. We certainly do much better business in thermocouples...

Nothing wrong with that but it makes me curious. You compete with the likes of Omega? http://www.omega.com/section/thermocouples.html

While I'm asking, do you also use your own lovely gear to attempt making a reactor which actually performs LENR to an appreciable and confirmable degree? And if not, why not?

• Official Post

Nothing wrong with that but it makes me curious. You compete with the likes of Omega?

Not really a competitor MY. Omega sell all kinds of thermocouples, but at Lookingforheat we just sell basic K-type thermocouples in stainless sheaths with shielded leads, normally good for 1250C. Main difference between ours and the similar Omega ones is price- we are often 75% cheaper. The temperature display and 800C TC for example is $12.50 and a standard long reach K-type for higher temps is $11.50.

• /* But (me356) don't talk Ni/W foil/bars/wires pretreatment. What kind of surface it should be to work well and what kind of surface known working reciepies generate? */

The glowing discharge can implant hydrogen ions beneath surface of nickel forcefully, it will also reduce the nickel oxides and erode them, thus increasing the surface area (principle of spattering) - so no pretreatment of nickel may be actually necessary.

• Hi euros go to ecatworld and look at the thread about mats lewan gold nuggets there is one here also but the guys over there are really mabee nailing the coffin shut on how the whole thing works

OK, in comments (in very hard findable form) it may generate something:

- Engineer48 (Frank? from australia) think he have find enough data to build/sell kit. Hoewer nothing real have done. Only planning and talking. Hope that some real appear and promises keep.
    - under E-cat hood may be some P+Ni reaction that expells protons to do P+Li7 fission to He4
    - me365 scared neutrons may come from P+Li6->He3+He4. Use Li7 isotope only or drive reactor level that generate low enough proton energies to not be enough break Li6.
    -Nicel (or other) proton gun material need to prehandled / nanostructured with correct surface mouse holes. Best ones are regular types to generate nice fat in correct reconance energized mouses to
    taste Li7 fission and holes don't breed faster mousest that can do Li6 neutrons.

So submarine in matchbox, this is high energy physics, no new physics, even enertically moustly no fusion but P+Li7 fission. Funny and engineerable.

Important are how make correct qood mouse breeding nickel (&others) cheese surface structure?

Question/point from etiam, I have read they patents /docs some time ago. Find nothing important (my opinion). They claims cop 1.08 ~8hrs run. I have currently running reactor cop~1.15 (ofcourse calorymetry (=pollucom es) can be failed mystically) it have done it days and simulation signals have diffrencies. Etiam don't have it yet. They only test diffrents powders. No product, idea, high cop etc.
    And if it is like above etiam patent is quite valueless.

Next IPR battle come from Ni (&others) surface etching / nanostructuring to be correct proton gun. So publish as much baking reciepes as posible to deny patenting and remember link them P+Li7 fission(fusion)

• If you are interested in Ni Hydrogenation, you might like this paper I wrote showing how I do it. With simple equipment.

I am quite sure it is not enough. Me365 talk cycles, GS5.2 bake/reduce few cycles and got signal. Me365 talk also some nickel samples need more cycles and well done nickel starts easilly.
    I have baked my nickel near red hot ~1min and reduce 1atm slow heat increment up to ~700C (~celani wire). It is inefficient but show something.

When you have mouse holes digged then your hydrogeneation reciepe is fine (but can do in reactor too) According me356 (dosnt write directly) Li should mix after Ni pretreatment is done well or its reacts with Ni.

And forgot previous post:
    - don't mix LAH and Ni+Li, because Al spoils reaction. Separate LAH cavity (heater1) and Ni+Li cavity (heater2), connect them only with small hole H2 to travel. Then you can controll H2 pressure with heater 1 and fuel with heater 2. Manometer may help to get/controll 8bar range..

• The glowing discharge can implant hydrogen ions beneath surface of nickel forcefully, it will also reduce the nickel oxides and erode them, thus increasing the surface area (principle of spattering) - so no pretreatment of nickel may be actually necessary.

Oxidation is not pretreatment? Oxide thickness/structure may affect reduced holes size/deep?

From shopping nickel you gan get very diffrent oxide coatings? Where to shop Ni with correct oxides or how to make correct ones? How to reduce / sputter them corret mouse holes?

• Li7 + P and Li6 + P is claimed annoutronic fusion, so previous Li6 + P do neutrons data maybe wrong? (from ecatworld)

Is there some side reactions that can explain more neutrons from Li6 + P? He3 like neutrons. Why production of He3 may do neutrons?

• If you are following the indications of Piantelli why simply not use Boron powder instead of Lithium? That will solve the melting and corrosion problems.

Boron is not an alkali metal as is lithium and hydrogen. Boron does not produce rydberg blockade. Therefore Boron will not work in LENR.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.