Hank's Smoldering "Ghost Nickel" Hot Sauce Recipe!

• Hank,

This protocol you describe is very similar to one I have used with the exception that an external H2 source is used throughout, to the exclusion of LiAlH4; the motivation being that an external H2 source offers better control of H2 pressure than decomposition of LiAlH4. I have used both bulk metallic Li as well as passivated Li powder. So far the amount of excess heat measured is no more than a few watts, not sufficient to claim beyond experimental error that an unambiguous excess heat signature is present.

In reviewing your protocol something does come to mind: perhaps the Ni and Li should not be in physical contact. Instead the Li is heated until sufficient vapor evolves and is condensed on the Ni. This approach would prevent the Ni from being totally covered in Li, a situation that may prevent the necessary NAE. It also would permit the Ni and Li to be maintained at different temperatures. We might consider heating the Li to near its 1300C boiling point while maintaining the Ni at a temperature low enough not to destroy the surface morphology.

In any case, the next experiment I plan to run will separate the Ni and Li with a permeable barrier.

Jeff

• @jeff

Your process might benefit from a fuel pre-processing step using spark discharge.

Mizuno has shown that he gets results by using a spark to pre-treat his nickel and palladium with a spark to produce a pitted surface.

Rossi also uses a fuel pre-treatment step. His patent says that he starts with 5 micron nickel powder and sinteres it until he gets a particle mix of between 1 to 100 microns. This reshaped powder is covered with lithium.

The fuel analysis from the Lugano test shows that the nickel powder had rare earths and a range of other heavy elements welded onto the surface of the fuel particles. This may have been caused by using a rare earth doped tungsten electron to sinter the fuel during pre-treatment.

This pre-treatment step increases the porosity of the nickel powder.

• Hank,

Since I'm running experiments in my basement the idea of a hydrogen tank scared me also. Instead, I'm using a Parker/Balston hydrogen generator. It works fine for pressures up to 50 psi, which is sufficient. Another advantage is that, should I elect to do so, it is possible to replace the DI water with DI deuterium oxide and run with D2.

Jeff

• Bonjour à tous.
    L'hydrure de titane TiH2 utilisé comme générateur H2 à partir de 300°C est peut être une solution aux problèmes de sécurité et de pollution du nickel par les vapeurs métalliques issues de AlLiH4.

Ex : http://fr.hwnanomaterial.com/Grey-Black-Titanium-Hydride-Powder-Used-as-Electric-Vacuum-Getter_p663.html (poudre 1.3 µm)
    Ex : http://www.goodfellow.com/F/Hydrure-de-Titane-Poudre.html (poudre 150 µm)

TiH2 pourrait être séparé voir mélangé à la poudre de Ni permettant une diffusion optimale de H2 sans émettre trop de vapeur de titane (tension de vapeur Ti : 0,49 Pa à 1 660 C°)

Pt fusion Ti : 1668 °C
    Pt ébullition Ti : 3287 °C

Décomposition TiH2 vers 300°C puis fusion vers 450°C mais avec formation de Ti infusible à cette température. La réaction est réversible : Ti + H2 <-> TiH2

PS : Sorry for the french but my English is incomprehensible ^^

• Official Post

Bonjour à tous.
    L'hydrure de titane TiH2 utilisé comme générateur H2 à partir de 300°C est peut être une solution aux problèmes de sécurité et de pollution du nickel par les vapeurs métalliques issues de AlLiH4.

Ex : http://www.goodfellow.com/F/Hydrure-de-Titane-Poudre.html"

“Only puny secrets need keeping. The biggest secrets are kept by public incredulity.” (Marshall McLuhan)
    twitter @alain_co

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.