The Playground

• An older camera I had would sometimes reflect the IR rangefinder as red from shiny objects in low light. The red would only show up in the camera, not in person.

I hear what you're saying - the front cam however can be seen reflected in the plexiglass, immediately below the watch (green lines) and the red light source is well over to the left (red line), seen here reflecting off the top of the new clock. I think it's more likely that the red light is either from a device power indicator, or maybe, as @H_ suggested, a readout display

I think an external light source directed at the demo lamp reflector focus would need to be focussed itself, to keep within the reflector area, so I favour some kind of projector device over a raw unfocussed LED matrix chip ...but given the general half-ar$€d implementation of this 'product demo', who knows?!?

Hah - having written all that and looking at the screenshot again, I see that the red light is approx under the vertical cam! ...but then that doesn't match the other red reflection seen in the watch glass AND we know that the red light only came on about 4 minutes after both cams had been running from the start (ie. when the demo lamp started to ramp up in brightness). Back to the power indicator/readout display idea!

Gie me ae spark o' nature's fire, That's a' the learning I desire

R. Burns

Edited once, last by nul-points ().

• On Rossilivecat all comments appear to be in one place, but at the original source at JONP the discussion, which used to be under the patent article, now suddenly is taking place under an ultra old article from 2011. The new location was introduced by sock puppet Jean Paul Renoir and all following comments are other sock puppets and himself. Serious mistake by maestro.

• Paradigmnoia "I don’t know about the red, but in the above image the lamp housing is clearly visible and reflecting brightly on top despite being behind the reflector."

The red light is also reflected from the rim of the housing at upper left (at least) - looking at the vertical cam you can see that the lens curves back into the rim, so I'm not so sure that light couldn't be refracted into the rim; but, yes, lots of reflective 'tells' don't sit right with the demo lamp being the main light source

R. Burns

Edited once, last by nul-points ().

• Paradigmnoia "I don’t know about the red, but in the above image the lamp housing is clearly visible and reflecting brightly on top despite being behind the reflector."

The red light is also reflected from the rim of the housing at upper left (at least) - looking at the vertical cam you can see that the lens curves back into the rim, so I'm not so sure that light couldn't be refracted into the rim; but, yes, lots of reflective 'tells' don't sit right with the demo lamp being the main light source

The red is real, but it could be Levi’s lucky sweater as easily as a PSU display.

Maybe the other lamp is still set up next to this one. The lens housing seems different. Like it was pulled off a car bumper.

• Here is a new Rossi issue that might raise the level of discussion about Rossi and his systems:

Andrea Rossi

March 18, 2023 at 12:11 PM

Dear Readers:

We received the EMF detector. We will measure the EMF now and again. For example watch the measurement tomorrow at 1 PM Miami Time, so you will see the instrument and the measurement. Next week we will receive a new radiations detector and we will do the same procedure.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

Andrea Rossi

March 19, 2023 at 5:32 AM

Italo R.:

Thank you; tomorrow at 1 PM Miami Time we will show the measurement of the EMF; as soon as we receive the Geiger will show the measurement of the radiations; we expect to receive the Geiger Tuesday, eventually we will communicate day and time of the measurement.

In both cases will be shown the model of the instrument.

Warm Regards,

• Why would that raise the level?

Rossi obviously feels a few more props are needed. But neither GM background , nor measuring some ckt voltage, is going to tell us anything helpful about his demo.

• He studiously ignores sensible requests (even from his fans) to make visible realistic measurements of his so-called 'Power Cells' input & output power levels, but he more than readily adds (unreadable) time measurements, and now EM levels and Geiger counts

What next? A 'Coal Detector', to prove that he hasn't secreted a fossil-fuelled steam engine inside the bacofoil and duct tape?

If anyone has to raise the bar, it's him

R. Burns

• Deja vu all over again: neither proof nor disproof.

You cannot, in principle, disprove that an inventor who claims something does not have it when they do not allow for independent testing of their invention.

Rossi, after the IH "come show us why the active system is showing the same IR-mismeasurement COP as the blanks" debacle, has learnt this lesson. He will not allow any system to be independently tested.

So categorising this is neither proof nor disproof is technically correct but rather generous.

THH

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.