The Playground

• Believe-it-or not zone:

2022-07-15 08:15 Heinz Sause

hello dr rossi,

after you have not given us any information about a (particular)

MIL standardization could give.

What about the CE mark for products in the European Union?

Without such a mark, distribution in the EU is probably not feasible!

2022-07-15 14:47 Andrea Rossi

Heinz Sause,

The Ecat SKLep has obtained the CE certification.

Warm Regards

A.R.

PS: I doubt that Rossi invented the Heinz Sause character.

• But what kind of certification exactly has it received?

A certification doesn’t sound like a CE mark applied to a commercial product.

• Electric Propulsion... For decades the daydream of high power electric propulsion has envisioned humans rapid space expansion.

Simply put...

The ability for us to get out there in one fourth the time, or less.

Continuous thrust with a fraction of the fuel weight.

Imagine approximately...

100 Mw LENR Electric could power 1,000 of these100 kW X3 Nested Channel Hall Thrusters delivering 5,400 Newtons of thrust for a long long time.

I'd hope to find someone at the playground who.could estimate some flight times for a Starship so equipped, using total loaded estimated weight by Space X.

The highest power Hall-effect thruster in development is the University of Michigan's 100 kW X3 Nested Channel Hall Thruster. The thruster is approximately 80 cm in diameter and weighs 230 kg, and has demonstrated a thrust of 5.4 N. - Wikipedia

"Implementation and Initial Validation of a 100-kW Class Nested-channel Hall Thruster"

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/269208044_Implementation_and_Initial_Validation_of_a_100-kW_Class_Nested-channel_Hall_Thruster

Abstract and Figures

The X3 is a 100-kW class nested-channel Hall thruster developed by the Plasmady- namics and Electric Propulsion Laboratory at the University of Michigan in collaboration with the Air Force Research Laboratory and NASA. The cathode, magnetic circuit, boron nitride channel rings, and anodes all required specific design considerations during thruster development. Thermal modeling was used to properly account for thermal growth in material selection and component design. A number of facility upgrades were required at the University of Michigan to facilitate operation of the X3. These upgrades included a modified propellant feed system, a redesigned power and telemetry breakout box, and numerous updates to thruster handling equipment. The X3 was tested on xenon propellant at two current densities, 37% and 73% of the nominal design value. It was operated to a maximum steady-state discharge power of 60.8 kW. The tests presented here served as an initial validation of thruster operation. Thruster behavior was monitored with telemetry, photography and high-speed current probes. The photography showed a uniform plume throughout testing. At constant current density, reductions in necessary mass flow rate of 18% and 26% were observed in the three-channel operating configuration as compared to the superposition of each channel running individually. The high-speed current probes showed that the thruster was stable at all operating points and that the channels influence each other when more than one is operating simultaneously. Additionally, the ratio of peak-to-peak AC-coupled discharge current oscillations to mean discharge current did not exceed 51% for any operating points reported here, and did not exceed 17% at the higher current density. © 2014 by the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Inc. All rights reserved.

• Here is another good reason to get vaccinated, wear a mask, and if you are infected, get approved antivirals promptly. These steps reduce the likelihood of long COVID. Roughly 20% of severe COVID cases lead to long COVID. It can be a horrifying disease. See:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Some antivaxxers say "98% of people survive COVID." That is true of the population as a whole, although the survival rate is much lower for people over 60. But "surviving" tells only half the story. A severe case of long COVID will ruin your life. No one knows if you will ever recover.

Vitamin shortages and stress will do that, along with too little Sun on the skin after being locked up for 2-3 years....

Also, I read again that popular word... "Antivaxxer". How to call you then as the "opposing party" pro-vaxxer? meaning a shot for all mandatory, Because you know all those bodies and their specific biochemistry? Well I would argue that is quite evil and stupid to do. Also it infringes peoples sovereignty, Also it violates therefore the oath Doctors take (first do no harm). So perhaps we would call "Pro-late abortus" group?! I mean, that would be just fair.....

Also, you can for sure put me in that group, I have made up my mind after all these years of 'pandemic". I am Anti vax per definition, unless there is a good medical reason to do so for an individual. And then only for the non-mrna types. I think the https://www.grand-jury.net/ has more than proven that there is no actual Corona virus variant something something, A PCR test could not even distinguish types, let alone if it picks up a flue, or normal cold from some dead left over material. It is a complete HOAX and actual conspiracy played out over us.

Promoting this vax thing may in the future come back to bite you very hard, Will you take responsibility for all the damage that was done?

Please at the least regardless of where you stand, please stop using this nasty technique calling opposing view Anti this and that. It has no place in a normal grown-up debate.

Before throwing data, statistics and opinions at me, at least do me the curtesy of watching the GrandJury process, that way you would be informed about the arguments and facts that I adhere to. So I will not respond to things trying to convince me otherwise, I have seen this whole process and have judged as a public jury member, meaning I made up my mind and will stick to this position. I have seen and learned more that enough to know that I will never ever take that shot whatsoever!

We are all entitled to our own position, If you feel otherwise that would be claiming you to be my sovereign... I will not accept nor yield.

• PS: I doubt that Rossi invented the Heinz Sause character.

Rossi sock puppets can be precisely identified by a handful of certain characteristics. Heinz Sause is a genuine user.

There are many misconseptions about the CE mark or "CE certification". You have to declare that your product complies with EU regulations, that's basically it. Tests, examinations etc. are not compulsory and completely up to the manufacturer or the importer. In most cases the "CE certification" is a self written piece of paper.

• There are many misconseptions about the CE mark or "CE certification". You have to declare that your product complies with EU regulations, that's basically it. Tests, examinations etc. are not compulsory and completely up to the manufacturer or the importer. In most cases the "CE certification" is a self written piece of paper.

Indeed it is celf-certification. However, I do recall that for an electronic product to bear a valid CE mark under the 'low voltage regulations' (which apply up to some things I consider to be very high voltage) you have to supply a circuit diagram with the product.

• In most cases the "CE certification" is a self written piece of paper.

yes true, but if missused the importer or manufacturer will be in (deep) trouble, especially for a product which presumingly works on a nuclear effect.

CE marking - Wikipedia
    en.m.wikipedia.org

And therefore I believe there is nothing behind the claims made.

There is a big difference between a unique experiment and a market ready product.

• Peritoneal restoration by repurposing vitamin D inhibits ovarian cancer dissemination via blockade of the TGF-β1/thrombospondin-1 axis

Peritoneal restoration by repurposing vitamin D inhibits ovarian cancer dissemination via blockade of the TGF-β1/thrombospondin-1 axis
    Ovarian cancer (OvCa), a lethal gynecological malignancy, disseminates to the peritoneum. Mesothelial cells (MCs) act as barriers in the abdominal cav…
    www.sciencedirect.com

Highlights

In patients with ovarian cancer, peritoneal mesothelial cells are transformed into cancer-associated mesothelial cells via mesenchymal transition and form a favorable microenvironment for tumors to promote metastasis.

Vitamin D inhibits mesenchymal transition of mesothelial cells and suppressed thrombospondin-1 (THBS1) expression, a key molecule promoting cancer cell adhesion, via vitamin D receptor/Smad3 competition in TGF-β signaling, resulting in marked reduction in peritoneal dissemination.

Vitamin D restores cancer-associated mesothelial cells to an epithelial state with normalization of THBS1 expression in preclinical models that mimic cancerous peritonitis in vivo.

This study suggests that peritoneal restoration and normalization of THBS1 expression may be a novel strategy for preventing ovarian cancer dissemination.

• The Pandemic Fueled a Superbug Surge. Can Medicine Recover?

As Covid swept ICUs, doctors prescribed antibiotics to ward off secondary infections. Now bacteria have evolved resistance—but hospitals are fighting back.

The desperate need to save the lives of Covid patients during the pandemic’s first waves, coupled with shortages of hospital personnel and protective equipment, drove a shocking reversal in progress against deadly superbugs, according to a new analysis by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The report, released July 12, synthesizes lab and hospital-admission data to reach a grim conclusion: From 2019 through 2020, the number of antibiotic-resistant infections occurring in hospitals, and resulting deaths, each increased by at least 15 percent. For some of the most hard-to-treat pathogens, the increases shot up 26 percent to 78 percent. And those figures are even worse than they appear, because in the years immediately preceding the pandemic, resistant infections in hospitals across the US had been forced down by almost a third—meaning that Covid wiped out years of progress in reducing one of health care’s most stubborn threats to patients

Fresh Garlic Extract Enhances the Antimicrobial Activities of Antibiotics on Resistant Strains in Vitro

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/p…20to%20many%20antibiotics.

Background:

Infections caused by strains with multi-drug resistance are difficult to treat with standard antibiotics. Garlic is a powerful remedy to protect against infections of many bacteria, fungi and viruses. However, little is known about the potentials of fresh garlic extract (FGE) to improve the sensitivity of multi-drug resistant strains to antibiotics.

• You should be aware that your dealing with a man that calls plants as medicine , and I quote, quackery. I think that should say it all as to his intentions as well as education

• Rossi has been sent cease and desist letters in regards to his abuse of earlier one-off CE machinery certifications as if they were product certification.

And they will arrive again.

• I missed this clear statement, which deserves to be answered.

Also, I read again that popular word... "Antivaxxer". How to call you then as the "opposing party" pro-vaxxer? meaning a shot for all mandatory, Because you know all those bodies and their specific biochemistry? Well I would argue that is quite evil and stupid to do. Also it infringes peoples sovereignty, Also it violates therefore the oath Doctors take (first do no harm).

All medicines and diseases work differently for different people. We take the medicines that on average reduce harm. A doctor who prescribes a medicine will occasionally find it does harm. they are not therefore violating their oath as long as the expected outcome taking was better than that not taking. Vaccines are allowed when the regulators believe they will do more good than harm to the individuals who take them. For example 15/100,000 NSAID/Aspirin users die of gastro-intestinal side effects. Are you saying then that aspirin or NSAIDs should never be prescribed by doctors?

Also it infringes peoples sovereignty

You are showing the rabid US political reaction to vaccines. Vaccines infringe no-one's sovereignty. I agree, if vaccine use is mandatory, then that is a restriction on a person's bodily autonomy (I think that is what you meant?). But the arguments about safety of not of vaccines have no relationship (should have no relationship) to different arguments about whether vaccine uptake should be forced on people.

You (and others here) are arguing with me as though the two things are the same. They are not. When have I ever argued that people should be forced to take vaccines? It is a deep and interesting political argument when if ever should bodily autonomy be over-ridden. Both left and right of the political spectrum argue that bodily autonomy should be overridden in different circumstances. Consider and contrast the debates on vaccination, contraception, abortion, euthanasia. Anyway please keep that debate out of arguments about vaccine safety.

Also, you can for sure put me in that group, I have made up my mind after all these years of 'pandemic". I am Anti vax per definition, unless there is a good medical reason to do so for an individual.

As I said above, at least in the UK, the people who regulate vaccines only allow their use when they think there is good medical reason for individuals to take them. Specifically the risks to the individual must be less taking the vaccine than not taking it. By your definition here the UK regulators are antivaxxers. It is therefore very different from the way I use the word.

And then only for the non-mrna types.

You believe, it seems, that contrary to the cautious opinion of UK regulators, your personal risk taking mRNA vaccines is higher than it would be if you did not take them. That is your privilege. The UK is currently struggling with some 5% of the population like you who refuse to take covid vaccines and clog up our hospitals when they catch omicrom BA 5. (Not all of them - just 1% or so. But that is enough to prevent people who have heart attacks getting emergency medical treatment. It is also not much fun for the hospitalised covid sufferers). You have swallowed antivaxxer propaganda on this hook line and sinker. It makes you an antivaxxer only if you propagate such views to others claiming competence to do so.

I think the https://www.grand-jury.net/ has more than proven that there is no actual Corona virus variant something something, A PCR test could not even distinguish types, let alone if it picks up a flue, or normal cold from some dead left over material. It is a complete HOAX and actual conspiracy played out over us.

OK - this is an antivaxxer meme very easily rebutted by genetic sequencing (which we do a lot of in the UK). I wonder if you know about that? There is also real-world anecdotal evidence. Here in the UK we have an omicron BA 4 & 5 surge (5% of population currently infected). Most of the people getting infected now were previously infected with covid - many only 3 months ago. "Natural" immunity does better than that against the same strain.

Please at the least regardless of where you stand, please stop using this nasty technique calling opposing view Anti this and that. It has no place in a normal grown-up debate.

I do not call the opposing view (if it is a view) an antivaxxer. I reserve that for those who argue - like you do here - arguments that are clearly and provably false - like that covid strains do not exist - or (you don't argue this but many others do) that more vaccinated people than unvaccinated in hopistals => vaccinated are less safe from covid than unvaccinated.

Before throwing data, statistics and opinions at me, at least do me the curtesy of watching the GrandJury process, that way you would be informed about the arguments and facts that I adhere to. So I will not respond to things trying to convince me otherwise, I have seen this whole process and have judged as a public jury member, meaning I made up my mind and will stick to this position. I have seen and learned more that enough to know that I will never ever take that shot whatsoever!

That speaks to the politicisation of science in the US. Just as I would not vary my belief in evolutionary theory according to the US State I lived in - and what is their legislature vote - so I would pay no attention to a whole load of US politicians (of whatever party) claiming they could work out better than the scientists throughout the world what are the risks of a new medicine. I note especially that US politicians are as a group lamentably badly educated about science (not that they all are - but a lot are - as is a high proportion of the US population).

Politics is all about convincing people - and this process may convince you. Given that what matters to me is the reality - forgive me for wanting scientists - with detailed written arguments and counter-arguments - to decide this. Not those who can stand up and speak well to politicians.

We are all entitled to our own position, If you feel otherwise that would be claiming you to be my sovereign... I will not accept nor yield.

Have I ever asked somone else (or you) to do that? You have every right to your own opinion. Just as I have every right to point out that your views, if broadcast widely and believed, will cause unnecessary death and injury. You can argue against my reasons for thinking this - just as I will happily and (given the stakes) very definitely argue that your are wrong and your views are dangerous.

For clarity: you have put forward some points which are very clearly and definitely not "opposing views" but false antivaxxer propaganda. I am sure you honestly believe what you are saying, and have no wish to harm others. I would be very wrong if I treated these views as "opposing viewpoints" just as I would be if I treated the views that global warming was not caused by anthropogenic modification of the environment (farming and fossil fuel burning) as "opposing views" to the orthodoxy. Or the view that the earth is flat (passionately and strongly argued by a small minority).

1. Covid does not have different strains (or not in any way that is meaningful). those who argue this are putting forward a hoax. It is equally an excuse or hoax to note that covid original vaccines do not much prevent infection from omicron (some 30 spike mutations away from original).

FALSE - 100% antivaxxer

2. mRNA vaccines are so dangerous that having them would be personally more dangerous than being unvaccinated on average.

This is not about specific cases, but the general case. Nor is it about your personal decision: everyone has a right to make decisions for themselves no matter how misguided. It is an established fact that vaccination against COVID with mRNA vaccines, on average, reduces injury and death.

I do not deny that mRNA vaccines can cause death. In very rare circumstances. But, at least in the UK, the regulators look very carefully at personal risks for different ages when approving mRNA vaccines and they have done this for everyone over 12 years of age with a small number of contra-indicated exceptions

This medicinal product has been given authorisation for temporary supply by the UK Department of Health and Social Care and the Medicines & Healthcare products Regulatory Agency. It does not have a marketing authorisation, but this temporary authorisation grants permission for the medicine to be used for active immunisation to prevent COVID-19 disease caused by SARS-CoV-2 virus in individuals aged 12 years of age and over.

I'm not certain whether you are arguing that mRNA vaccines are on balance of risk more harmful than not taking them given the high rate of covid currently and likely in the future. If you argue this, then it too (with caveats above) is 100% antivaxxer contrafactual propaganda. You need to believe that regulators in many different countries, and mots of the medical establishments, are all part of a conspiracy to think this.

• Rossi sock puppets can be precisely identified by a handful of certain characteristics. Heinz Sause is a genuine user.

There are many misconseptions about the CE mark or "CE certification". You have to declare that your product complies with EU regulations, that's basically it. Tests, examinations etc. are not compulsory and completely up to the manufacturer or the importer. In most cases the "CE certification" is a self written piece of paper.

I just asked A.R. If SKLep is Self

Certified or Third Party Certified.

What are the pros and cons of self-certification? - Certification Experts
    Thinking about CE marking self-certification? Here’s what you should know. Before you can sell your product within the European Union, it must obtain the CE…
    certification-experts.com

• I just asked A.R. If SKLep is Self

Certified or Third Party Certified.

https://certification-experts.…ct-with-ce-certification/

Rossi had sock puppet "Yuri" also asked that question.

Yuri
    July 16, 2022 at 6:51 AM

Dr Rossi

Has the CE certification been made by an independent Certification Company ?

Best

Yuri

He answered yes. So he should be able to give us the 4 digit code number for the so called notified body which is listed in the European Nando data base.

• @Admins, please please please, I kindly ask you to reopen the covid dedicated thread! Covid stuff is too much to be afforded by a general thread discussion. Even if I'm not understanding why threads like BLP etc (clearly scams as the AR one) are still around and having their own dedicated threads, AR's funny news can confortably sit in playground channel but not overflodded by insane covid fans. Thanks in advance

Sorry it took so long. Alan will be starting another COVID thread. When he gets to it, I will transfer the last few days posts.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.