The Playground

• a!
    The answer to questions that never have been raised.
    Let's preserve it, before it's gone.

Note: a will not replace 42

Since AR is the only one left in the world posting on his ridiculous blog, I think he was just testing if it was still working in the old fashioned way.

"a" likely stands for "mic testing ... 1 2 3 ... check, check ..." :D

• Yes I do.

But my last posting I asked A.R. to

reply to points from DR Mike ECW

Comment.He did not but Stephen and

Steve did.

Dr. Mike2 days ago

Frank,

I don't think you are delusional, but I do believe you are ignoring the data that is available from the demo and the Levi reports:

1. Rossi claims he converts light to electricity, yet in the SKled device, he clearly demonstrated that he is unable to generate high intensity light at low power. How is Rossi able to generate low power, high intensity light for the SKlep device when he could not generate low power, high intensity light for the SKled device?

2. Rossi claims that he can generate electricity from light at >95% efficiency (and we know from the light escaping from the SKlep device in the demo that the light is not monochromatic). If Rossi had such a device, the device would replace all existing solar panels, trading 10-20% efficient devices with 95% efficient devices.

3. Levi was testing both the prototype 'A' device, known to be a light source with a CPV array, in the same time period as he was testing the SKlep device shown in the demo. It is illogical that the SKlep device was not a relatively minor modification of prototype 'A'.

4.Rossi claimed that the residual voltage with the SKlep device disconnected (~0.18V for prototype 'A' and ~0.12V for the demo SKlep device) was due to residual energy stored in condensers (capacitors). This statement is false as demonstrated by a) a capacitor would be discharged within a fraction of a second if the one ohm load was really connected across the output of the device, and b) this disconnected output voltage would not be sensitive to ambient light as stated by Levi and shown in the demo when Rossi's movements caused this residual voltage to first drop to ~0.09V, then return to ~0.12V.

5. The 0.18V residual voltage on prototype 'A' when it was disconnected indicates that the 1 ohm load resistor was not really connected across the output of this device. The CPV array would have had to generate 18mA of effectively a short circuit current (a 1 ohm load) from just a small amount of ambient light leaking into the reflective pyramid directing the light toward the CPV array. The expected short circuit current from a small amount of stray light would be microamps at most, yielding an output voltage across the 1 ohm load resistor of microvolts. Levi's data shows the one ohm load was not connected in the measurements for prototype 'A'. An open circuit voltage was measured for prototype 'A', meaning this device was producing zero output power.

6. Rossi statement (and Levi's) that the output current could not be directly measured due to the effect of the ammeter's resistance on the output is a false statement. If a series ammeter was inserted, its effect could be measured by measuring the voltage across the ammeter. A clamp-on ammeter would have no effect at all.

7. Your friend indicated that the lid to the box containing the oil bath was not warm. The oil bath with heat sinks was basically contained in a closed plastic box. All heat flowing out of the essentially closed system (with a claimed 100W internal heat source) would have had to flow out of the plastic enclosure. Not only was the load resistor designed to not require an oil bath to maintain a stable resistance, the only logical reason for enclosing the oil bath in a plastic box is to obscure the fact that the load resistor was producing no heat. Can you explain how the lid to oil bath enclosure was not "warm to the touch"?

8. The poor marketing of the SKlep device, including failure to provide application notes on how the SKlep devices might be connected to produce higher output powers, seems to indicate Rossi has no intent of selling the SKlep device. Do you believe anyone would order 1000's of devices with the limited available data?

One might logically conclude that after Rossi found that the prototype 'A' (with a CPV array for the output) was unable to produce appreciable output power, but could output an appreciable open circuit output voltage, he found that he needed only about 5 series connected CPV cells (not a larger array) to generate an even larger open circuit voltage. If you or anyone else has an explanation of the non-zero output voltage, which is sensitive to ambient light, with the SKlep device disconnected, other than an open-circuit voltage of series-connected photovoltaic devices, I would appreciate you providing the alternative explanation. Also, how do you propose Rossi can generate low power, high intensity light for the SKlep device when he failed to do so in the SKled device? 14

• Avatar Stephen  Dr. Mike8 hours ago edited

In principle it should be easily possible to verify or not some of these points and arguments you make with a dummy test on ground with a lamp, PV cells and a resistor.

Then there would be a clear benchmark for comparison rather than just considered ideas.

I tried a crude thermal test with a Perspex box and small heater and didn’t detect noticeable heat. I was somewhat surprised by that but more scientific check could easily be done. So that point is open for me.

I do think the Voc argument is something that should be addressed though. I sense many like me who want this to work worrry about that one.

• Avatar Dr. Mike  Stephen3 hours ago

The dummy test would not require a lamp. The experiment required to demonstrate that the 1 ohm resistor was not really connected to the output of prototype 'A' would be to measure the output of a photovoltaic array about the size described in Levi's report under the low light conditions of the prototype 'A' experiment (just a little ambient light leaking into the

array). A measurement of the output voltage with and without the resistor connected across the PV array output would show that open-circuit voltages were being measured in Levi's measurements on prototype 'A'. This dummy test would show that the result of the prototype 'A' was zero output power because the load resistor was disconnected. A reasonable person would conclude that Rossi was also really using a small array of PV cells in the SKlep device with the load resistor disconnected for the measurements.

My guess is that most engineers and scientists who have not worked with CPV cells would not realize that small arrays of these cells only output microamp (or less) short-circuit currents under very low light conditions, but would produce non-zero open-circuit voltages even at very low light levels.

• Avatar Stephen  Dr. Mikean hour ago edited

I agree in principle but a more accurate test to compare with the presentation would be to use a PV that could fit in or under prototype B with a small gap for 0.5 cm ? For the ambient light.

But the concept I was trying to outline is to imitate the full profile if what he reported with normal apparatus. That should easy to do given your comments.

I guess from your handle and comments you are an expert scientist who has worked with testing PV or at least have used them extensively in your work. Have you done a test similar to this?

Anyway the open circuit Voltage question is a valid one that has been raised here by many before and to put minds to rest I hope it addressed.

I keep going by thinking of the potential science that may be behind it in the same way I do with other approaches there are limit ways to see energy management that obeys symmetry and thermodynamic laws. Thinking about these developments fee and others is a tool to explore those ideas.

But I think for others the uncertainty getting hard to bare. I fully understand that.

Bu I think blocking or attempting to block something that may give more clarity is not helpful either.

• Avatar Steve Albers  Dr. Mikea day ago

He seems to be willing to field a lot of questions on JONP, so we might ask some of these.

• Avatar Dr. Mike  Steve Albers16 hours ago

A good idea, but if you review the questions and answers on JONP, you will find that good questions receive cryptic or meaningless replies (like an answer to just go back and review the demo video). Do you have any observations on my key points, which I might not be considering

• The amazing Chip Story.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Charging a Smart Phone.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It's Heinz! We're talking secret ingredients.

Me, I don't have it in me to post there again, not after the SKLed light show which - despite cheating - still managed to demonstrate no excessive brightness for an LED, let alone an advertised ten fold increase. Also the light had a dingy yellow halo which was about as attractive as a bath tub ring.

How Andrea could have been excited about that SKLed (and surely by extension the SKLep) is a mystery and a wonderment. I promptly cancelled my order.

• ED gets excited about the Carolina Reaper every day.

• Recently we have found much more metal in the Sun than originally estimated. In the form of plasma, while less than 2%, it is expected to lead to better models which may solve the Solar Abundance Problem.

The Sun Is Made of Way More Metal Than We Thought

BY ED BROWNE ON 5/26/22

Newsweek

The sun is made of way more metal than we thought
    Astronomers say they're close to solving a years-old solar mystery after an up-to-date assessment of the sun's chemical make-up.
    www.newsweek.com

ALSO

National Geographic

Sun | National Geographic Society
    The sun is an ordinary star, one of about 100 billion in our galaxy, the Milky Way. The sun has extremely important influences on our planet: It drives…
    education.nationalgeographic.org

About three quarters of the sun is hydrogen, which is constantly fusing together and creating helium by a process called nuclear fusion. Helium makes up almost the entire remaining quarter. A very small percentage (1.69 percent) of the sun’s mass is made up of other gases and metals: iron, nickel, oxygen, silicon, sulfur, magnesium, carbon, neon, calcium, and chromium This 1.69 percent may seem insignificant, but its mass is still 5,628 times the mass of Earth. - end quotes

Further Reading

"Solar Abundance Problem" Maria Bergemann and Aldo Serenelli

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/260799885_Solar_Abundance_Problem

Abstract and Figures

The chemical composition of the Sun is among the most important quantities in astrophysics. Solar abundances are needed for modelling stellar atmospheres, stellar structure and evolution, population synthesis, and galaxies as a whole. The solar abundance problem refers to the conflict of observed data from helioseismology and the predictions made by stellar interior models for the Sun, if these models use the newest solar chemical composition obtained with 3D and NLTE models of radiative transfer. Here we take a close look at the problem from observational and theoretical perspective. We also provide a list of possible solutions, which have yet to be tested.

• @GBG

This has nothing to do with lenr.

The sun was formed with 70% hydrogen, 28% helium, and the rest heavy elements. So in 4 billion years essentially nothing but helium was produced. Also, if the sun is halfway through burning hydrogen, how is it still at 75% hydrogen.

Why hasn't all that helium been converted to heavier elements. It appears the triple alpha reaction is very improbable. So, did Papp's engine overcome that reluctance or is something else going on? That's where lenr is, not on the sun.

The universe really is not good at producing heavy elements. In 9 billion years it came up with only 2% or less heavy elements.

• Seems no one is seeing that the earth and the sun are doing the same thing just that the sun still has fuel to show the full effect. from the calm to the storms on each. maybe if it happens one last time people will understand. As maybe the earth was a sun, now just out if fuel.

• Interesting biography from:

The Roscongress Foundation is a socially oriented non-financial development institution and a major organizer of nationwide and international conventions; exhibitions; and business, public, youth, sporting, and cultural events. It was established in pursuance of a decision by the President of the Russian Federation.

The Foundation was established in 2007 with the aim of facilitating the development of Russia’s economic potential, promoting its national interests, and strengthening the country’s image. One of the roles of the Foundation is to comprehensively evaluate, analyse, and cover issues on the Russian and global economic agendas. It also offers administrative services, provides promotional support for business projects and attracting investment, helps foster social entrepreneurship and charitable initiatives.

Each year, the Foundation’s events draw participants from 208 countries and territories, with more than 15,000 media representatives working on-site at Roscongress’ various venues. The Foundation benefits from analytical and professional expertise provided by 5,000 people working in Russia and abroad.

The Foundation works alongside various UN departments and other international organizations, and is building multi-format cooperation with 173 economic partners, including industrialists’ and entrepreneurs’ unions, financial, trade, and business associations from 78 countries worldwide, and 179 Russian public organizations, federal and legislative agencies, and federal subjects.

Certainly 2016-2018 were better years... Sad yet true. I like to think that everyone's position on energy will dramatically change and become a thing of the past...

Not too far in the near distant future

The next generation in fact

Will know that the term 'Energy Crisis'

Was a term for unenlightened minds

The Past is Past... Now is almost so, also!

https://roscongress.org/en/speakers/tanaka-nobuo/events

Nobuo Tanaka

Chair the Steering Committee, ICEF ((Innovation for Cool Earth Forum), Special Advisor, the Sasakawa Peace Foundation (SPF), Executive Director, International Energy Agency (IEA) 2007-2011

Share: Quotes 4, Events 8

Biography

Nobuo Tanaka is the Chairman of The Sasakawa Peace Foundation. As Executive Director of the International Energy Agency (IEA) from 2007 to 2011, he initiated a collective release of oil stocks in June 2011. He also played a crucial and personal role in the strengthening of ties with major non-Member energy players, including Russia, China and India.

He began his career in 1973 in the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI), and has served in a number of high-ranking positions, including Director-General of the Multilateral Trade System Department. He was deeply engaged in bilateral trade issues with the US as Minister for Industry, Trade and Energy at the Embassy of Japan, Washington DC. He has also served twice as Director for Science, Technology and Industry (DSTI) of the Paris-based international organization, OECD

• The sun contains a huge amount of metals, and anything else that gets too close. There is almost no scenario that allows the sun (our sun) to form from only gas, and leave all the rest of the components of the solar system out.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.