The Playground

• Now he is back to scamming the small potatoes since the big money suckers turned out not to be.

No worries, getting the 38 remaining die hard supporters to purchase a quarter billion dollars “worth” of “product” if that is what it takes to get the new fire burning..

• Now he is back to scamming the small potatoes since the big money suckers turned out not to be.

No worries, getting the 38 remaining die hard supporters to purchase a quarter billion dollars “worth” of “product” if that is what it takes to get the new fire burning..

So this device uses "zero" power but needs to be plugged into the mains. ECW supporters don't question why. Maybe it is just the ground wire being used? The hot and neutral are just there for emotional support?

• Delivery: The Customer agrees that the ECAT SKLep and ECAT MiniSKLep will be delivered only if Leonardo Corporation collects at least 1,000,000 (one million) orders of SKLep for them in total (10 MiniSKLep equals 1 SKLep). Leonardo Corporation will inform the Customer when the Ecat SKLep is ready for delivery. In any case Leonardo Corporation will inform the Customer of the delivery date within December 31st, 2022. If the target of 1,000,000 ( one million) of orders is not reached, this order will be void.

• So this device uses "zero" power but needs to be plugged into the mains.

This sort of, somewhat, would make sense for a legitimate claim. I can imagine something like a thermal cold fusion space heater that needs no input power for the reaction, but does need to be plugged into the mains for the control electronics. It would resemble a gas fired space heater. Gas combustion is self-sustaining and takes no input energy, but you need electricity for a modern digital thermostat, and for the spark to ignite the gas.

Ultimately, I suppose thermal cold fusion devices will include thermoelectric devices and small batteries for the control electronics, so they will not need to be plugged in. A cold fusion clothes dryer will have enough battery power to run the controls, and recharge while it heats the dryer. A LEC cold fusion device would generate all the electricity it needs without a thermoelectric device, but it might still need a battery for standby mode. Or perhaps a supercapacitor.

Houses all have mains electricity now. They must have it, by law. They will still have electricity decades from now, so I suppose cold fusion devices will be plugged in for a long time to come, to run the control electronics. It may be that house wiring will change from 120 VAC (in the U.S.) to much higher amperage direct current, with lower voltage. This is much less likely to electrocute someone, such as a baby who sticks a fork into an outlet. Arthur Clarke suggested this in a discussion of cold fusion. Ultimately, I think it would be safer to get rid of electrical outlets altogether, and have all machines self-powered with no external wires or plugs.

One thing we can do without is wires outside the house on poles. In July, a house on my block was hit by lightning. Our house shook from the impact. The house up the street went up in flames. The fire department came within about 10 minutes but it was a total loss. Anyway, the lighting also melted the mains coming into my house, and wrecked most of the circuit breakers and smoke detectors. It cost thousands of dollars to fix. The computers and other equipment seem to be okay. They are behind battery backup, surge protector gadgets. Here is a photo of the burning house:

Home and Possessions Lost in Tragic House Fire, organized by Lindsey Lane
    Hi, my name is Lindsey, a neighbor and friend of Nik Gregov. On July 29th… Lindsey Lane needs your support for Home and Possessions Lost in Tragic House Fire
    www.gofundme.com

• This sort of, somewhat, would make sense for a legitimate claim. I can imagine something like a thermal cold fusion space heater that needs no input power for the reaction, but does need to be plugged into the mains for the control electronics.

This is not what Rossi claims, the control electronics are part of the device and allegedly 0.0watts are taken from the mains/power supply.

Anyway, it's all BS so it doesn't really matter.

• Delivery: The Customer agrees that the ECAT SKLep and ECAT MiniSKLep will be delivered only if Leonardo Corporation collects at least 1,000,000 (one million) orders of SKLep for them in total (10 MiniSKLep equals 1 SKLep). Leonardo Corporation will inform the Customer when the Ecat SKLep is ready for delivery. In any case Leonardo Corporation will inform the Customer of the delivery date within December 31st, 2022. If the target of 1,000,000 ( one million) of orders is not reached, this order will be void.

If the target is not reached by December 31, 2022 (3 months) it is the fault of the people of Earth that the new fire was abandoned due to lack of interest.

• When the guy that literally wrote the book on you no longer believes you, you are in trouble.

Mats Lewan 6 hours ago

I haven't been here for a while but heard news about the MiniSKLep and though I might comment.

Rossi had his decisive moment when launching two commercial products, the SKLep and the SKLed, in 2021. What helped me giving him the benefit of the doubt that time was that an independent international certification firm had had access to the products for several months and that this firm would provide a report and a certificate for safety and performance.

It turned out that the firm was allowed to certify the products for safety only, and that the performance was evaluated at a short term test at the University of Bologna. The performance test of the lamp SKLed clearly showed that it was at the level of standard LED lamps, far from the claimed performance. Rossi later withdraw the lamp, but he never acknowledged the failure.

The performance test of the SKLep had several issues and could not be considered to be reliable nor conclusive. The same goes for the measurements performed in the video presentation in December 2021.

I have provided Rossi with several opportunities to to conclusive measurements with independent trusted third parties, but he has always turned them down, often in the last moment, for different reasons.

Showing that his technology is valid is simple, furthermore since the claimed output is electricity and not heat. Yet, he still hasn't done it.

In 2011, I made several measurements clearly indicating that his early Ecat technology produced excess heat. I still think it did at that time, but he lost his decisive moment in December 2021. And since I only care about the truth and about measurements, I have lost faith in his present technology.

Yet, the field is full of convincing indications of excess heat, energy release, transmutation, and other important indicators of something useful going on. So, in a time when cheap, clean, carbon-free, and abundant energy is more needed than ever, we should keep looking and be interested.

As for Rossi though, I think he lost it. Whether he understands this or not, I am not sure. However, he obviously only has to make a few conclusive measurements to prove me wrong. 16
    ReplyShare ›

• "Mimisklep" would actually have been a better name.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.