The Playground

• Frank soft approach got him in the door so he’s not going to slam it.

The soft approach is effective. A friend of mine got into the Flat Earth society meetings using his charm. He picked up some of those open minded "flat" chicks. As for Rossi's cult, It worked well for James Bass, the LENR and shoe mogul, and William Hurley, previously of Andeavor and now his namesake skater and surfing clothing line.

• axil

You provide a good argument for why Rossi's reactor is so small. Now do us and Rossi a favor by reading Rossi's papers and tell us how it works. Once the process becomes public knowledge his reasons for secrecy will collapse and he will have to actually sell the units.

• axil

You provide a good argument for why Rossi's reactor is so small. Now do us and Rossi a favor by reading Rossi's papers and tell us how it works. Once the process becomes public knowledge his reasons for secrecy will collapse and he will have to actually sell the units.

Rossi’s papers, the part he wrote, is the only part you need to read. Look at the Wien’s Law, Kirchhoff’s Law, and Ohm’s Laws being abused terribly, and Stefan and Boltzmann being roughed up for an encore.

• history

The LENR Doctoral Thesis

Source

The University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign is a public land-grant research university in Illinois in the twin cities of Champaign and Urbana. It is the flagship institution of the University of Illinois system and was founded in 1867.

Thesis Link

Final Examination (Dissertation Defense) for Erik Ziehm

A PhD granted in Condensed Matter Nuclear Science.

I can envision the CMNS Courses Professor Erik Ziehm might teach.

That's history and the future.

The most recent history is the most relevant for any student or newcomer.

An Experimental Investigation of Low Energy Nuclear Reactions in a DC Glow Discharge

ABSTRACT: This work addresses the possibility of low energy nuclear reactions within a DC glow deuterium discharge with palladium electrodes. The hypothesis is that the dynamics typically used in plasma for nuclear reactions must be modified while the reactants are within a dynamic solidstate metallic system. In this work, a DC glow deuterium plasma simultaneously implants deuterons into the cathode and causes crystalline deformations, which act as trapping sites for the mobile interstitial deuterons. A Solid-State Nuclear Track Detector (SSNTD), called CR-39, was chosen as the technique to investigate the emission of energetic charged particles from the cathode. While other research has used this type of detector, this is the first application in a low voltage DC plasma discharge, i.e., a discharge with electrodes biased below 1 kV. A new analysis technique was developed, which allowed rapid scanning of large CR-39 surfaces. The new method amassed considerably more data than previous studies. After plasma treatments, tracks in the CR-39 detectors consistently corresponded to 138 ± 21 keV alpha particles emitted from the palladium electrodes. The track densities for deuterium discharges were often ∼100 times above controls with hydrogen and helium. Currently, there are no known means to accelerate ions to these energies within the apparatus. The energy estimates plus other factors like the ion directionality indicate these ions were created by nuclear reactions. This work provides future researchers the basis for establishing a theory for creating Low Energy Nuclear Reactions (LENR).

• axil

George Egely showed us how the spark induced reaction works in this ICCF24 video of his stick reactor. George showed us both the spark induced reactions' input and the output on the oscilloscope. Rossi showed us the same thing in his QuarkX demo on the scope. He also explained how the transmutation threshold works. Rossi is doing the same thing as George is but his design is far more optimized and he is using a xenon ballast to optimize the input spark production and initiation control. If you watched the SKLEP demo, all his debug equipment was on the table. "can" identified most of that equipment. He most likely posted it here on this site. Just look for it.

Here is the scope of the reaction from the QuarkX demo

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Rossi's paper has some correct references to Ken Shoulders, charge clusters, Bose-Einstein Condensate, The EVO, low entropy aggregates, pico-metric structures, and a high dv/dt spark but all that other theory (Zitterbewegung electron model as applied to producing coherent charge cluster... this violates quantum field theory) is garbage that he got from Carl Oscar Gullström and Giorgio Vassallo. Rossi is very proud of that paper even though he didn't write much of it.

• Have you figured out how to give it 12 V but only 10 W yet?

Rossi used a number of 10V units.

2022-09-23 00:14 Steven Nicholes Karels

Dear Andrea Rossi,

You posted “The controller is incorporated inside the Ecat, so the consume of the Ecat includes also the consume of the controller,”

1. Is this a change to the original design which had a separate controller that handled one or multiple Ecat SKLep units?

2. if so, is this applicable to both the 10W SKLep and the 100W SKLep units (and larger units)?

3. Are the dimensions of the 100W SKLep unit the same as previously specified?

4. Can the embedded Controller receive external commands and/or transit status information?

2022-09-23 01:39 Andrea Rossi

Steven Nicholes Karels:

1. yes

2. yes

3. yes

4. yes

Warm Regards,

-----------------------------------

2022-10-02 12:11 Simon

Dear Dr. Rossi,

I am pleased to read your answers, especially since the start of the livecam.

Please consider to offer not just 10 Watt, 100 Watt and 1 MW ecat skl. There should also ready installed 500 Watt, 1 KW, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 10 KW ecat skl. All pickable with pictures, dimensions and prices at your homepage.

Warm regards

Simon

2022-10-02 12:43 Andrea Rossi

Simon:

Thank you for your support.

100, 1000, 10000, 10^6 W are just assembyes of MiniSKLeps plugged in series and/or par

We will surely publish them when we will manufactire them.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

• I measured another sample of 10 input amp changes, over 20 secs

Average Input Watts 0.0008
    Rossi-sez Outputs Watts 5

COP 5976

I celebrate your enthusiasm. With that kind of "COP", you could run the thing with a small and cheap chinese calculator solar panel. I wonder why that demo is not being performed instead. That would be something I would bother to watch.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Rossi has now published the exact equipment used in the 1 year demo:

Live Streaming
    ecat.com

Equipment used; COBO Spa 05.685 H4 LED headlamp, running at 5 Watt and a ToAuto NPS3010W power supply (30 Volt 6A/10A DC Lab Variable Adjustable regulated DC Bench Switching)

1) Purchase a 05.685 H4 LED

2) Run 5W into it

3) Compare to live stream visual

After that, the only remaining question would be whether the PS display is somehow being manipulated by the load to show a lower reading. Otherwise: 1M orders and world changes.

• Since the maestro lured you out of retirement, that leaves me no other choice but to pay more attention to what he is up to this time. It must be good, or you would not be here. Oh, and welcome back.

• I believe my DC lab supply lets me dial in V (=12) and A (= 10/12).

Right but the resistor (lamp) will want 4.6 A at 12 V to make 55 W, (more or less, the tungsten filament resistance is quite temperature sensitive) but at 12 V the SKlep mini makes only 0.83 A to make 10 W.

So how does the SKlep limit the amperage? So can your lab supply limit the current at 0.8 A, but hold 12 V hooked to the load? It might, but I wonder how it might do it.

Otherwise you will just have to dial your power supply to where it makes only 10 W, open voltage, and see where it ends up.

• Since the maestro lured you out of retirement, that leaves me no other choice but to pay more attention to what he is up to this time. It must be good, or you would not be here. Oh, and welcome back.

I check in every now and again, and you've always been one of my favs here. I have respect for fence sitters, and disdain for those who profess absolute knowledge one way or the other. I know you have probably fallen off the Rossi fence, but when it comes to this space, including Rossi (although he has distanced himself from LENR) fence sitting is about the only rational place to be. When a product is available and can be tested widely, my disdain for absolutists will disappear, as it should.

• I check in every now and again, and you've always been one of my favs here. I have respect for fence sitters, and disdain for those who profess absolute knowledge one way or the other. I know you have probably fallen off the Rossi fence, but when it comes to this space, including Rossi (although he has distanced himself from LENR) fence sitting is about the only rational place to be. When a product is available and can be tested widely, my disdain for absolutists will disappear, as it should.

Well then, will you commit to hanging around here until his 1 year internet demo is done? Not that we need the internet traffic, as the forum is doing very well without Rossi, but I would love to see some of the old Rossi fans get together again.

In some ways, I do miss those old days.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.