The Playground

• In some ways, I do miss those old days.

"We were young, and naive..."

I reckon having got an aversion to loose time in anything related to "il dottore". That chapter ended for me in 2014. Never looked back, and all the noise I have heard since confirms I chose well.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Open a thread (an unhidden one) and they will come.

Tempting, but things are different now. LF does not need Rossi, and have actively tried to distance the forum from him. We do not want to be associated with him in a professional way. If something changes to make us reconsider, which I doubt, then we will. Until then, this thread works just fine.

• Right but the resistor (lamp) will want 4.6 A at 12 V to make 55 W, (more or less, the tungsten filament resistance is quite temperature sensitive) but at 12 V the SKlep mini makes only 0.83 A to make 10 W.

So how does the SKlep limit the amperage? So can your lab supply limit the current at 0.8 A, but hold 12 V hooked to the load? It might, but I wonder how it might do it.

Otherwise you will just have to dial your power supply to where it makes only 10 W, open voltage, and see where it ends up.

An LED headlamp?
    Well, enjoy the video.

• I celebrate your enthusiasm. With that kind of "COP", you could run the thing with a small and cheap chinese calculator solar panel. I wonder why that demo is not being performed instead. That would be something I would bother to watch.

As best as we can tell, Rossi has an issue with the way the plasma produces bursts of electrons both on the input and output side. These bursts damage the input and output power feeds if not grounded. Power is produced when electron clusters (aka EVOs) explode. He cannot use batteries because these bursts will destroy the battery. The input power must come from the grid were these out of range bursts can be dissipated.

• Regarding power spikes related to explosions of EVOs in plasma. Alan Smith reported recently that SAFIRE measures huge amounts of power when the SAFIRE plasma is killed. This plasma is an EVO. The nature of the release of coherent election based condensates produce 10^23 electrons(according to Ken Shoulders) for a small EVO each with kinetic energy that drives these electrons to near the speed of light. The size of the SAFIRE EVO is macro sized so the associated electron explosion must be huge.

• The catalog doesn't show a LED lamp, btw... There is no 05.685 H4 LED lamp. This is an H4 halogen standard 12V 60/55 Watt as everybody can see fromn the specs and drawings. To me it seems Rossi is just using the reflector housing and put in some of his magic SKLEDs...

• In the last version of the SKLEP, Rossi was using a xenon lamp ballast to produce his plama. Now with the 10 watt unit, he must have developed his own electronics. This should reduce the cost of the SKLEP mini considerably by eliminating the middleman. Now, Rossi need not have to meet a unit production goal to break even since not ballast wholesale discount is required. All he needs to do is build a legal warchest to defend his IP from snakes.

• I am really amused by all the fuzz around a video that provides nothing in the sense of properly estimating the output, no matter how low the input seems to be properly estimated.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• I have that same power supply for electrolytic work (plating etc.). Both the display data and the "regulation" are crude and prone to drift and jitter at low settings. The so-called regulation is merely adjustable current or voltage limiting, so that when a current limit is reached, the supply voltage is reduced to maintain that limit. If the actual current is below the set limit, the voltage is not automatically increased as would be done by a fully constant-current regulated supply. In operation it's a bit confusing, because whichever of the limit settings is reached first will be the one in control. This kind of operation is not unusual for inexpensive bench supplies, but it's definitely not "lab quality".

• I have that same power supply for electrolytic work (plating etc.). Both the display data and the "regulation" are crude and prone to drift and jitter at low settings. The so-called regulation is merely adjustable current or voltage limiting, so that when a current limit is reached, the supply voltage is reduced to maintain that limit. If the actual current is below the set limit, the voltage is not automatically increased as would be done by a fully constant-current regulated supply. In operation it's a bit confusing, because whichever of the limit settings is reached first will be the one in control. This kind of operation is not unusual for inexpensive bench supplies, but it's definitely not "lab quality".

I wanted to purchase one of these because it's cheap enough for the shoestring funding most of us dispose of, and I think is good enough for doing LEC like experiments, but I would never dare use one of these as any kind of accurate energy input measure.

Now I am considering building a custom one with parts as the one that Alan Smith showed in the Lab Coffee and Equipment Swap thread.

• I am really amused by all the fuzz around a video that provides nothing in the sense of properly estimating the output, no matter how low the input seems to be properly estimated.

In some respect, I agree with you. I think the demo could have been better in any number of ways. But Rossi has never intended to prove his claims by demo, and has always maintained that the market can be the only ultimate proof. The purpose of the demo is to generate orders, so that he has the economy of scale needed to produce products. That's it. If he generates more orders, the demo is a success.

Also, try powering ANY bulb of ANY kind with < 0.0008 W, and observe the result.

• 3.4 k views on this you tube.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Rossi did not permit Frank to look into any output from the SKLEP reactor. This is understandable since in the last demo that Rossi did, he showed the output of the QuarkX reactor on an oscilloscope that showed in detail how the reaction was produced, maintained, and the output generated. In order to protect his IP, Rossi will not permit all this info to be revealed again.

• My first measurements are in --

WEP DC Regulated Power Supply PS-305D
    http://www.r-type.org/addtext/add137.htm

LED

EverBrightt 2-Pack 900 Lumens White H4 COB 12W Led Bulb for Motorcycle Headlights Lamp High Low Beam

EverBrightt 2-Pack 900 Lumens White H4 COB 12W Led Bulb for Motorcycle Headlights Lamp High Low Beam
    Specifications: * Bulb Base: H4 * LED Chipsets: COB 12W * Color: White * Lumens: 900 LM * Color Temperature: 6500K * Input Power: DC 12V * 0.62A * Voltage: DC…
    www.amazon.com

• LED Type: H4 COB 12W; Light Color: White; Lumens: 900 LM; Color Temperature: 6500K
    • √Input Power: DC 12V * 0.62A; Voltage: DC 9-80V; Size(Approx): 80mm x 17mm; Function: High Low Beam; 2 Luminous Faces

and taking my last average input of 0.0008W

First glimmer : 5.9V, 0 amps

First reading - dim : 8.5V 0.004 A = 0.034 W COP = 42

Reasonably bright: 9V 0.06A = 0.5W COP = 625

Probable ecat input 10V 0.27A 2.7 W COP = 3375 <=====

Rated input 12V 0.53A = 6.3W COP = 7950

Not knowing what LED lamp Rossi is using ... I'd say his results are plausible, and the probability of a fake is low.

Right now I'd say "COP is at least 1000" <======

WARNING: Preliminary Results -- I'll run a full A vs V curve.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.