The Playground

• This demo is perfect. Unlike the usual LENR demos using heat exchangers and complex setups, this demo is supremely pure and uncomplicated. With simplicity in the extreme, the demo uses just one well defined power supply and bulb, that both provides power and measures it. An objective observer cannot find a flaw or an occasion of scam.

The prower production from the mini is so large and its fantastic COP eliminates any comparison or uncertainty about the use of power by the light. The power production of the mini is beyond question eliminating any uncertainty.

But there are other issues that could throw shade on this product. Its price is only justified if it can produce power over the projected lifetime of the hardware. This lifetime cannot be demoed. If the mini fails in the short term, the high cost is unsustainable. This product needs a extensive track record for reliability to justify its huge relative cost.

But from the standpoint of science, there are processes ongoing in the mini that are certain but are not yet understood... and those processes are not fusion.

• For those who hate Rossi take heart, all is not lost.

2022-03-14 05:57 Gerald

Dear Dr. Rossi,
    What were the assumptions to determine the number of 100.000 hours of expected operational time?
    best wishes to you and your team,
    Gerald
    2022-03-14 09:55 Andrea Rossi

Gerald:
    Good question. As a matter of fact, we can’t guarantee it, but we honestly assume the lifespan extrapolating a series of data related to the components. For obvious reasons I cannot disclose such data and components.
    Warm Regards,
    A.R.

This lack of a long term guarantee that covers the full 100,000 hour service life of the mini is Rossi's achilles heel. Unless the mini has a service life of the full 100,000 hours expectation, the mini is not commercially viable. The three year guarantee places an unacceptable risk on the user. If Rossi did provide a full 100,000 hour guarantee, Rossi would risk financial disaster if the mini failed prematurely.

I would advise waiting to see what the mini's service life really is before commiting a lot of money to this product.

One way around this issue is to have government field a large energy production project that includes a cost guarantee to remove Rossi from premature mini failure. Once the true service life of the mini is determined, then Rossi could set the price at a level that reflects this service life.

Also, the government could guarantee Rossi's IP so that Rossi would not need to protect his IP in court. That would eliminate the need to build a legal warchest that is making the mini so expensive thus removing the risks inherent in the three year guarantee.

• Really? Why does Rossi not allow Frank to measure the actual power? Hint: Occam's Razor.

The power supply is measuring the input power in watts. It has shown 0 the whole time since the end of September. Rossi believes that the LED demonstrates the output power sufficient to be convincing. This judgement is the prerogative of the viewer.

• For those looking for a standard candle in the streaming video of the miniSKLEP:

We have a few candidates for approximate standard candles that may help determine that actual output Lumens,

1. The ambient light in daytime when the office lights are on maybe 250 Lux

2. The LED display on the power supply. (The light per number pixel should be easy to determine although it is red rather than blue-white)

Driving a 7-segment 4-digit LED display
    Hi all, A while back I bought a stack of ATA3491BW 4-digit 7-segment displays, on the cheap from Sparkfun because they’d got the wrong item… These are…
    forum.arduino.cc

So 10mA per segment mostly all 0’s is 10 x 6 x 4 x 3 = 720 mA and assuming something like 2.0 to 2.8V for red LED’s would give 1.5 to 2W and about maybe 150 to 200 lumen, but probably it also is a bit less as it’s using red LEDs so maybe 50 or 100 lumen for the PSU display. One segment would be maybe between 20 and 28 mW and one "0" digit between 120 and 168 mW.

3. There is the green indicator led on the front of the PSU which I guess is a 3mm led perhaps 40mW or 4 lumens

4. There is also the clock display that has blue white Digital display but I think that’s more likely a led screen display rather than a seven-segment based one. But assuming this is about 200 cm^2 and is about 300 nits I think it would also be about 50 to 100 Lumens.

5. Possibly more complex but maybe still indicative the reflection of the window during daylight in the lamps mirror.

I think that is pretty good amount of options to make a reasonable estimate of the output.

I think it is indicating that it is close to what Andrea Rossi said, but each one of us can make our own conclusions based on this input.

To put it in perspective the input power less than 0.0007 W would power less than 3% of 1 segment of 1 digit in the PSU digital display

• It looks to me that the reaction is getting more stable and more input energy efficient over time. The period between bumps on the milliamp reading is growing longer. At one point, I counted 38 seconds between bumps(0 to 1) on the amp meter. I expected the opposite to occur as the fuel was consumed, but it is looking like the reaction does not consume any fuel. If one examines this demo with an analytical and objective mind, the demo can go a long way to characterize the nature of the LENR reaction.

• Measure power to the PSU set at 10 V no load using the meter Rossi used last time.

Measure the power to the PSU set at 10 V with the SKlep plus light connected.

Elegant and won’t happen.

You would simply claim that there was trickery in the meter. THIS DEMO IS NOT MEANT TO CONVINCE YOU. No demo provided in a live stream will ever provide enough evidence for proof of operation. It is meant to tickle the curiosity in people and nudge them to put down a pre-order. That's it. Obviously, you weren't nudged. I believe that many people will be, and that is what Rossi is counting on as well.

• It is not meant for preorders.

Yes it is

Rossi is not personally keeping track of a million preorders.

He may or may not be, but likely has help. It's not tough to record preorders into a spreadsheet or simple database.

It is only him reading the few hundred or so on his website.

Hundreds of thousands of people are following or have followed Rossi over the years. You are in dream land if you think it is a few hundred.

He has no team.

*citation needed

The whole preorder concept is bunk.

To the contrary, it makes imminent sense. The USPTO rarely ever grants patents covering LENR or similar fields. He already tried to partner up with a company with sufficient means to fund product development and manufacturing costs, and we all know how that ended. The ONLY way to get this kind of tech out and preserve a financial reward to yourself and your investors is to take pre-orders, manufacture parts at scale, and send the orders out as close to a single grouping in time as possible. Once the products ship, there will immediately be reverse engineering, and no more secrets. Rossi know that well.

• From which between 1 and 3 are watching the live stream. When I check it's often just 1, me. I don't know how this can generate preorders in considerable numbers.

I don't know whether Rossi will generate the number of orders that he needs for the economy of scale that he is aiming for, but I do suppose that most people will watch the live stream for at most 10-20 seconds. I mean, how interesting is it to watch a 0 go to a 1 every now and again? There were considerably more viewing in the first days of its launch. So you would have to know the cumulative number of people that have watched to know the impact it is having, and Youtube livestream doesn't reveal that data.

• The prower production from the mini is so large and its fantastic COP eliminates any comparison or uncertainty about the use of power by the light. The power production of the mini is beyond question eliminating any uncertainty.

Axil - has it occurred to you what is the major source of uncertainty?

Rossi is on record as having lied, repeatedly, about has 10 or so previous incarnations of free power.

All of those, if as his demos stated, would have solved the world's energy problems and given him a Nobel.

In one spectacular case (IH) working product would have netted him $100,000,000

In what world does he now have a working device because of a video that could be rigged about 10 different ways?

THH

• You would simply claim that there was trickery in the meter. THIS DEMO IS NOT MEANT TO CONVINCE YOU. No demo provided in a live stream will ever provide enough evidence for proof of operation. It is meant to tickle the curiosity in people and nudge them to put down a pre-order. That's it. Obviously, you weren't nudged. I believe that many people will be, and that is what Rossi is counting on as well.

It is meant to take in idiots the same way a ‘Nigerian Scam email’ works. It is grooming for a scam.

• It is meant to take in idiots the same way a ‘Nigerian Scam email’ works. It is grooming for a scam.

You should be elated that we are at the final scam stage. You can once and for all put a nail in Rossi's coffin, and prove with certainty that his evolution of product was not an incremental Edisonian phenomena, but rather, a single grand 12 year deception. You should be wishing and praying that he hits the 1M orders.

• So you are saying that sending a scammer $25 is a "win" situation? I don't get it.

Michael is giving his Baloney Detection Kit away for free.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.