The Playground

• Axil - has it occurred to you what is the major source of uncertainty?

The price of the mini is far to high to expose the buyer to the risks of buying the mini. This high price is a reflection of Rossi's paranoia and the fear of losing his IP to the snakes that have always plagued him. At its current price point, I would not recommend buying the mini until it has been proven to hold up to decades of service.

But in terms of science, where service life does not matter, the cost of the mini is an excellent opportunity to allow the reaction to shine through. If we could get our hands on a mini, proving the validity of the reaction would be self evident.

Rossi is on record as having lied, repeatedly, about has 10 or so previous incarnations of free power.

I understand where Rossi's dishonesty comes from and I beleive that I can tell his lies from his truth telling. I understand that the reaction is devious in the extreme, and Rossi has lied when he has been faced with failure based on his encounters with the hard knocks that the reaction can produce.

I beleive Rossi gave up on the reaction when he went to IH, and when he discovered how to overcome those killer transmutation issues, he did self serving things to get his IP back. Sometimes that is how business rolls.

All of those, if as his demos stated, would have solved the world's energy problems and given him a Nobel.

At that juncture when Rossi's singular goal was to produce a commercially viable product, Rossi had not solved the transmutation issue. When applied at high power a LENR reactor falls apart. Only when output power production is kept below the transmutation threshold does the reactor perform over the long term. The IH demo test was a failure because the 1 MW reactor fell apart due to transmutation issues. When Rossi finagled his IP back from IH he was confident that he could overcome the transmutation issue. This made his IP worth something again.

In one spectacular case (IH) working product would have netted him $100,000,000

Rossi believes that he is the reincarnation of Leonardo da Vinci. His E-Cat is his great work of art. It must be made perfect and money is a secondary issue and a means to an end. In his old age what matters is his reputation in history going forward. As long as he has enough to support his research, he is content. Rossi will never stop his R&D to perfect his art. Rossi's haters apply there own value system onto his actions. In particular, you are ascribing your own value system onto Rossi's actions; far from that goes, Rossi believes that he is a Renaissance man, a living throwback saint to the golden age of his ancestors.

In what world does he now have a working device because of a video that could be rigged about 10 different ways?

As a business man, Rossi is as devious as they come, but as an engineer he is honest as the day is long. The engineer must be honest to get stuff to work. The key to understanding what Rossi means when he says or does something is to put the statement or action into the salesman or the engineering context. Rossi would never disparage his inventive work of art, the highest incarnation of his spirit with deception, that would be a sacrilege to his life's ethos.

• So how does the Scam Work?

Can not speak for Para, but IMHO the scam ran with IH -> 10 Million US$ for Rossi. Bought some condos, got a weathly life.

Now, with the iteration of Cat's, he is simply lying. Seeking for attention.

Maybe he tries to sell his IP again to a company...

I don't think that he will scam money from his believers, the average Joe.

• An interview between Frank Acland and Rossi

Here is a video of an interview Frank Acland did with Andrea Rossi in September 2022 in a laboratory of Leonardo Corporation in Rome, Italy. This is the location in which the livestream is currently taking place. You can see in the background a piece of equipment that he explained to Frank is a prototype of a large Ecat that he had been working on. From the way he described it, it was still under construction.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• *citation needed

I exaggerated. I should have said he has no employees other than lawyers.

Best citation I can find:

LinkedIn: Log In or Sign Up
    750 million+ members | Manage your professional identity. Build and engage with your professional network. Access knowledge, insights and opportunities.
    www.linkedin.com

I am looking for proof that flying unicorns don't exist as well, but proof is hard to find.

• So how does the Scam Work?

There are a lot of scam varieties. In a typical scam, first, a product that does not work is created. That product is then "sold" to a fake company that is actually controlled by the scammer. The scammer than takes upfront money from the scam victim. Things usually end up on court, but lawsuits are dismissed due the high cost of litigation.

Other scams can lead to criminal charges. For example, sometimes a service is contracted, such as disposal of wastes or the like. Then these wastes are improperly dumped, say, polluting the environment. In these cases, governments may press charges and send future Nobel prize winners to prison.

• From the way he described it, it was still under construction.

That wiring nest is production/"industrialization" ready by Rossi standards.

There is already robotics in place to attach all the alligator clips.

Also, an antique wood table, with fancy scroll moldings, will come with the product.

Large heat producing devices require flammable bases. It adds the COP when it ignites.

• As seen in the video, if Rossi plans to use a backplane for an interconnect, a disk shape is wasteful. A square shape is best for a backplane interconnect. The backplane will add far more volume to the system than the mini's will. The mini volume is projected to be reduced to 1 or 2 milliliters. The backplane would supply power, controller interconnect, and grounding to each mini as well as power takeoff. Some heavy copper would need to carry the megawatt current to a higher stage of power interconnect. The mini should look like a chip... configured like a large parallel processor assembly or memory chips is done today. Some reserved space should provide for some ventilation. A lot of thought should be given to the mini unit replacement procedure, so the 1MW cube should be able to be taken apart easily. Maybe the mini's will be mounted on rollout cards that can be hot swap replaced with the failed mini chip detected using a pluggable automatic detection process. Or the failed mini could be automatically detected by the controller and marked using an indicator light. It makes sense to dimension the card to support 100 mini's (1000 watts) with a dedicated controller per card. Some spare mini chips that are logically switched over automatically and mounted on the card would provide a high reliability application. The 100 watt card would be a low power special application.

In an auto mobile application, mini failure would be automatically detected and flagged using a service indicator on the dashboard. The auto power system would not fail when some mini's fail.

Rossi must stay with a core that is a plasma incased in a nonconductor.

• We know from Rossi's theory paper that he uses a high Dv/Dt spark to form the plasma and create the electron clusters(aka EVO). All of Rossi's new generation reactors have been plasma reactors. Also hydrogen and/or lithium in the gas state is required to form the EVOs. The spark would vaporize a solid state medium in the core. If EVO confinement is in play inside the core, it is achieved well by the freedom to magnetically position those EVO to avoid the damage to the sides of the core.

In the video, the 1 mw prototype looks like a card cage that mounts cards horizontally but the cards do look like they do stack on multiple levels. But the card cage is too big to use vertical staking of small mini units. The staking looks like card staking. I am surprised that Rossi showed the card cage to give us an idea about his future IP. Of course it is very early and the design could change as R&D moves forward.

• I just did another screenshot sequence.

10 transitions (0.000 to 0.001 amps) over 18 seconds, average Watts 0.0010

There are a lot of scam varieties. In a typical scam, first, a product that does not work is created. That product is then "sold" to a fake company that is actually controlled by the scammer. The scammer than takes upfront money from the scam victim. Things usually end up on court, but lawsuits are dismissed due the high cost of litigation.

Other scams can lead to criminal charges. For example, sometimes a service is contracted, such as disposal of wastes or the like. Then these wastes are improperly dumped, say, polluting the environment. In these cases, governments may press charges and send future Nobel prize winners to prison.

I'll try to run another LED test tonight.
    ( I eventually plan to use my DSLR as a lightmeter.)

I hooked up an analog voltmeter

Measuring Dc/Ac Voltage - Radio Shack 22-602 Owner's Manual [Page 11]
    Radio Shack 22-602 Manual Online: Measuring Dc/Ac Voltage. WARNINGS: • NEVER CLAMP A TEST LEAD TO A HOT WIRE (USUALLY RED, BLACK, OR BLUE IN AC WIRING…
    www.manualslib.com

and ammeter 250 ma Max -- 11.0V so I can't quite get to 12V
    https://file.ecmindustries.com…ia/inriver/SP-10A_USE.pdf

Sweeping 8-11, they match the DC supply values.
    (I have photos ).

On fakes? Send me a circuit that will drive my LED at even a glimmer with a reading of 0.004 A on my (random store-bought) DC supply AND on my two analog meters.

On the scam?

You place a pre-order for $25.

If/when it's ready to ship, they send you a notice, which you can decline.
    Pay by paypal.
    If you don't like it, return it and get a refund from paypal.

• I also had a look at the amp transitions using a stop watch app

stop watch timer - Google Suche

I found that these transitions are irregular. I measured a number of very long transition times including a maximum transition time of 43 seconds when the transitions seemed to be very infrequent. But they do become more frequent. It is beyond me why such an irregularity in transitions exists.

• I have just measured some very long bumps with a maximum of over a minute. It was dark and the cause of the irregularity might be due to the activity of the grid reflected in the ground. The ground might be disturbed by the electrical activity that occurs either locally in the building or remotely in the city of Rome. Rossi has issues with grounding the reaction. I will sample for bump irregularity cause by nighttime conditions. The ground is the only variable I could think of that this condition is sensitive to.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.