The Playground

• Again, this topic can only be discussed in this thread, no new threads allowed.

To clarify, the whole team made a decision to restrict Rossi discussions to one 'back page' thread because it was becoming a source of arguments and incivility. While we appreciate that some members have serious input to offer on the topic (like Alan Fletcher ) we won't be changing our mind about this until Andrea Rossi actually produces the -independently tested by customers - goods he has promised for so long.

• Using meters at close to resolution is not accurate and cannot be trusted - check the meter accuracy spec which will include a +/- (LS digit). If it does not have this all bets are off as to accuracy.

In addition, dc meters (and most cheap power meters) often have poor time resolution: fine for 50Hz but may give erratic results for spikes.

Don't trust anything related to Rossi and electrical measurements!

I'd use a good storage scope for current and voltage. A picoscope is actually quite good for this sort of thing.

• Rossi received $10 million from IH. I imagine he spent very little of that on his research or operations. So he kind of made out like a bandit in all of this. He has to keep up the charade like he is actually working on something just for window dressing. But on my last visit to ECW it seems like he is down to a small handful of believers at this point. For most people the show is over.

The sociological part of it to me is that people want to believe in the guy in the garage who is toiling 24 hours a day to bring a world changing idea to life. I think it makes people feel better about the future. But even people like Edison, Ford, Jobs, Musk etc had many, many people behind them working on those big ideas to bring them to life.

• The sociological part of it to me is that people want to believe in the guy in the garage who is toiling 24 hours a day to bring a world changing idea to life. I think it makes people feel better about the future.

Agree. One thing for that handful of R believers to keep in mind,..there is life after Rossi. After this ICCF24 and IWAHLM, there is no longer the need to hang all hope on one man, or even one group.

With NASA, US Navy/Army, CleanHME/HERMES, CP, Mizuno, and many more, ARPA-E funding, and possibly X-Prize, the field is off and running, and leaving the old maestro far behind. So, no reason his fans cannot join their fellow, and former believers in getting on with a new life. It sure is much more rewarding then watching a worthless video for the next year. :)

Still possible he may have had something once, so I respect those few researchers who are still trying to replicate him. Although I would remind them that the Swedes tried for years, and failed. But I wish them good luck anyway.

• Rossi wants to go with what he’s got.

2022-10-13 16:52 Steven Nicholes Karels 

Dear Andrea Rossi,

There is an old saying in the Industry. “Time to kill all the Engineers and go into production”. Engineers (I use to be one before turning to the Dark Side to become a lawyer) will continue to change everything to achieve a “Better Solution”. The other Industry saying is “Better is the Enemy of Good Enough.”

If you have a real, producible product, then Europe alone would buy everything that you could produce. It is going to be a cold winter, and, unfortunately, people will likely die, either directly or indirectly, from the lack of power and heat. The U.S. would buy all you could possibly produce, just to reduce their electric bills (residential and commercial).

At some point, it is better to go with what you have. Make those improvements that the Engineers always want later. IMHO.

2022-10-14 02:22 Andrea Rossi 

Steven Nicholes Karels:

Correct

Warm Regards,

A.R.

• How did that work out for Elizabeth Holmes and Theranos?

• What Huw Price does not yet understand is that Rossi is rejected by not only science, but also all the other actors in the LENR community.

• How much time, Sam?

As long as a true Rossi in love remains in love 😁

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Huw is very aware of what's going on.

I don't think so, Huw still believes in the fusion myth.

At the dawn of the electrical age there was a war of the currents between Tomas Edison and George Westinghouse. Now there is a case to be made that supports Rossi as the undisputed favorite in the upcoming LENR wars.

As I see this situation, actors in the LENR community are divided into two paradigms, the most numerous camp are those who assume that fusion is the source of the energy that the reaction produces. In their marginal attempts at testing, heat seekers look to generate "excess heat" to verify their misguided beliefs and steadfast assumptions that fusion is the source that powers the LENR reaction. The other elite camp are the actors who understand that the reaction is based on the production of high energy electrons that can be captured and directly converted to form a stable output of electrical current without the production of any heat. From the system's engineering perspective, the direct electrical current producers will win decisively in the upcoming commercial wars if any "heat producers" ever get to the commercialization stage; the need for heat exchangers and turbo-generators will render LENR power from heat uncompetitive, overly complicated, grid bound, and uneconomical.

Maybe the heat producers know that the direct current producers will dominate in the commercial market. Even this fatal competitive disadvantage result in their beleive in fusion as the LENR power source is not enough to change their minds on the proper source of LENR power.

But rejecting the witness of their own eyes; Rossi is showing how he can extract direct current hour after hour, day after day, month after month, without fail or falter. Even this direct refutation of this lame brained believe in the fusion meme does not make any impression in the closed minded that only the grave can cure.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.