The Playground

• What Happened.

2022-11-23 09:58 Rod Carbuncal 

Hey there, Roddy here.

Just seen a post on LENR forum. It shows that the SKLep has moved in the video and leads are connected at different angle.

Please explain,

Thx,

Rod

2022-11-23 12:39 Andrea Rossi 

Rod Carbuncal:

Good point !

Sunday November 20 around 11 A.M. Rome time we connected in series a Multimeter Peak-Tech 3430 to the circuit to know exactly the fourth decimal of the Ampères, because, as you see, the UPS arrives only to the third decimal. The Peak-Tech is probably the most precise multimeter of the world in commerce and in the microAmperes scale has a resolution +/-1%, so it arrives to the sixth decimal with very high precision.

The multimeter has worked for some minute. The operation of connect and disconnect the multimeter has taken 2 seconds. During this operation the cable and the lamp have been slightly moved. We will make the same operation on December 5 at 11:30

The streaming, obviously, has never been stopped.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

• Dottore quite obviously doesn't really understand what the merit of this kind of live demonstration ought to be. There should be no tampering whatsoever. What we instead get is a live stream that has been interrupted four times so far and then he tells us that he is messing with the setup for measurements that nobody has seen in the stream. It's just complete rubbish and absolutely worthless. And a random multimeter for a hundred bucks is NOT " the most precise multimeter of the world in commerce".

• "The Peak-Tech is probably the most precise multimeter of the world in commerce [...]

The multimeter has worked for some minute."

Aehhm, WTH?

AR logics...

Doesn't matter...

• Interesting comparison here between ECat SKL ep 24/7 demo (lower half of photo) and a test using a valid conventional arrangement using similar parts (upper half of photo)

The test LED is driven by a 1 transistor Flyback Boost circuit, supplied with 6.76V DC (...and 'apparently' drawing 0mA!)

Click Thumbnail to see complete photo

Apparent 'gain' can be explained by:-

a) a PSU having less resolution in its current-sensing ADC than its 4 digit Ampere display (so some levels of current can be supplied unobserved until the next threshold is exceeded)

b) the human eye having non-linear response to light levels - perception of 'brightness' is unreliable

(eg. is the 24/7 demo lamp operating at 'conservatively' 1W? - or could it possibly be less than 100mW?)

This is why science is built on measurement - not unsupported claims!

Gie me ae spark o' nature's fire, That's a' the learning I desire

R. Burns

Edited 2 times, last by nul-points: (some clarification) ().

• The test LED is driven by a 1 transistor Flyback Boost circuit

Makes me think of the DC/DC converters identified in the original SKLep oil bath setup.

can

can
  • I figure he settled on a MPPT energy harvester ahead of the LED driver.

Extend the two power lead wires from ecat to the lamp, and stick a meter on those and see what the lamp really uses.

What point is the demo if the load is left to the imagination? Some people want to power computers full with all their precious data, aquariums flush with rare fish, sleep apnea machines, hydroponic gardens full of the year’s supply of food, and bicycles with it?
    Can it deliver even the claimed 10 W? There is no way to tell.

• The reason the IH test failed is because Rossi faked the customer, the heat, the steam, the numbers he wrote down, the invoices, the requests for billing, and the contraption pipes could not physically move any volume of steam, if he made any more than by accident, especially since there was no pressure to guide the steam in any direction. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg of pure bullshit that whole Doral escapade was. And he is still in court over discovery fees from that.

• The reason the IH test failed is because Rossi faked the customer, the heat, the steam, the numbers he wrote down, the invoices, the requests for billing, and the contraption pipes could not physically move any volume of steam, if he made any more than by accident, especially since there was no pressure to guide the steam in any direction. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg of pure bullshit that whole Doral escapade was. And he is still in court over discovery fees from that.

That may or may not be true, but his reactors turned to junk at the end of the test.

• Please don't begin a Rossi argument in this thread. Such political behavior is counterproductive and a distraction. What I am interesting in is Rossi's technology and how that IP might advance our understanding of the LENR reaction. I am interested in how a wide range of LENR systems preform with Rossi's systems among them.

• I only investigate where the rubber hits the road. I am not concerned with theory of LENR. But anything that makes heat has to have heat that acts like heat, which is not so complex to measure if taking measures is accounted for when constructing a device or experiment.

If heat acts like heat it can heat a room.

So I include a picture of the famous heated room.

You are free to ask Rossi for a comment on the picture.

• Just ignore everything that a person with the name "Axil" writes. I try not to offend him, but reading his numerous comments every time is unbearable...

This is the one thing EVERYONE on LF can agree on. Axil is either a faker, charlatan, crackpot, delusional, etc. Pick your favorite category. I try not to care so much but it is these types of fakers that cause serious problems in LENR. And this is from my perspective where I disdain your "Maxwell Sucks and there is no charge" agenda.

• This is the one thing EVERYONE on LF can agree on. Axil is either a faker, charlatan, crackpot, delusional, etc. Pick your favorite category. I try not to care so much but it is these types of fakers that cause serious problems in LENR. And this is from my perspective where I disdain your "Maxwell Sucks and there is no charge" agenda.

You seem to be a very compassionate, sensitive, and caring person with a heighten sense of social responsibility. With all these exemplary properties of character, you might serve as a role model in the role of a political or religious leader. I am privileged to bring out the best in you. Keep up your inspiring work and I will continue to rouse you to higher and more vigorous efforts.

• PhysicsForDummies, axil

I don't like the way these comments are going., they may be moved as 'off topic' for this thread.

If you notice, my comments are completely about the scientific merit of Axil, which I find nil, in my personal opinion.

His comments against me are completely personal and have nothing to do with science.

I am not claiming to have any "special" knowledge about LENR or physics or anything.

I do claim to believe I can detect charlatans/fakers.

• Please don't begin a Rossi argument in this thread. Such political behavior is counterproductive and a distraction. What I am interesting in is Rossi's technology and how that IP might advance our understanding of the LENR reaction. I am interested in how a wide range of LENR systems preform with Rossi's systems among them.

Which Rossi's technology or alleged IP are you invoking? A scam technology you mean.

I believed LENR subject has nothing to do with him because in this field one fake claim is enough to get ridicolous.

• There are many on this platform with personal theories that do not fit into the mainstream, axil, Wyttenbach, Cherepanov2020 and so on.

Some may be right and some may be wrong and some may be "not even wrong".

But then LENR currently does not fit into the mainstream so such ideas are not out of place here.

Some of the theories may be more rigorous and some may be mostly waffle.

I suspect axil just reads lots of stuff and his brain then connects the dots in line with his inbuilt biases.

But axil is always polite and enthusiastic and thus I cannot see a good reason that he should not be allowed to communicate his views.

Whether people consider his views worthy of engagement or not is up to them.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.