The Playground

• A.R comments on measurement.

2022-12-05 14:28 Andrea Rossi 

Dear Readers:

Today we made the periodic measurement of the Amperes of the current consumed by the Ecat SKLep subject to the live streaming on Youtube.

As pre-announced, the measurements have been made at 11:30 a.m. Rome Time and 12:30 p.m. Miami Time.

The result has been, as the viewers surely saw, 452.3 microAmperes at 11:30 and 452.3 at 12:30.

When we make these measurements, whose goal is to read the value of the fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh decimal of Ampere, we observe a reduction of the light of the lamp, for 2-3 seconds during which we make the measurements. This dimming effect is due to the fact that the Peakthech measures the amount of electricity that goes from the Power source to the Ecat and obviously it is put in series between the Ecat and the power source; since the amount of current to the Ecat is extremely low ( as we have seen microamperes ), the connection of the multimeter affects the circuits of the Ecat. This is not important to us, because the measurement takes 2 or 3 seconds, then we take off the multimeter from the circuit. Obviously the lamp turns conpletely off during the time when the circuit has to be opened to connect the multimeter in series and eventually to disconnect the multimeter and reconnect the original circuit.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

• I wonder why anyone would keep any level of interest in this sad show.

A Big Show.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• :D :D :D :D  :D

This is pure bullshit by an ignorant and charlatan, good just for fools.

In order to measure the current he inserted the Peaktech 3430 in series to the PSU and he got just a very small voltage drop across the DMM, as consequence the miniSKLep input voltage may have been reduced by few hundreds of mV, for example the voltage applied to the magician’s stuff input reduced from 10V to 9.8V but remaining perfectly in the operative input voltage range declared and written in datasheet.

Obviously also the current value is practically unaffected, this is confirmed by himself that takes that current value as representative of the operative current consumption of his stuff.

P.S.

we observe a reduction of the light of the lamp, for 2-3 seconds during which we make the measurements

This is also another lie, the usual magician's falsehood.

During first test (11:27 a.m Rome time) the lamp was OFF for at least 1 minute and 18 seconds and during the second one (6:31 p.m Rome time) the lamp was OFF for 41 seconds.

• I wonder what that -1 on the meter is. The manual doesn't say anything about such a reading. If it is the first digit in 1457.3 it looks akward, one would expect the 1 being displayed on the right side of the segments element.

• If true, this kind of AR's "lab" installation leaves room for interpretations, what and how is there connected in reality...do the 230V come from the socket mounted on the wall - or from the cable channel routed on the floor? Anything else connected (not visible) on this kind of angled twin adapter? ;)

• Just for the record, upper right hand corner,

220 V with no ground adapter to PSU.

The PSU utility cable is three-wire. The case will be grounded. There is no ground-strap output terminal provided on the PSU. Therefore the 2 output connection posts will be completely isolated from the grid and ground

The streaming demo shows that any claims by Leonardo Corp that there is a technical requirement for the SKLEP to be grid-connected in order to function are without merit. The SKLEP will do, whatever it does, the same regardless of whether it's connected to a grid-powered PSU or a suitably-spec'd battery

The only difference for a user will be that with a battery supply it will be obvious at some point that your battery becomes depleted, but if you believe that you 'must' use a grid-supplied PSU then it will continue to operate as long as grid-supply is available, and you just may convince yourself that the SKLEP 'does what it says on the tin'

Gie me ae spark o' nature's fire, That's a' the learning I desire

R. Burns

Edited once, last by nul-points ().

• The streaming demo t that any claims by Leonardo Corp that there is a technical requirement for the SKLEP to be grid-connected in order to function are without merit. The SKLEP will do, whatever it does, the same regardless of whether it's connected to a grid-powered PSU or a suitably-spec'd battery

It is amazing the ECW rocket scientists will try to make all sorts of rationalizations about why it should need to be connected to the "grid", rather than just accepting the obvious, that the power (what little there is) comes from the grid. They talk about using the AC to synch oscillators, whatever, blah blah blah. After paying homage to Rossi's recommendation of the Occam's Razor book?

• I wonder what that -1 on the meter is. The manual doesn't say anything about such a reading. If it is the first digit in 1457.3 it looks akward, one would expect the 1 being displayed on the right side of the segments element.

The meter has a 4 1/2 digit display, so it's possible that this most significant digit is marked in some way to show that it has restricted range (ie. with the '1' on the LHS, rather than on the RHS). It's also possible that the '1' has been arranged to be on the LHS to make it clearer that the '-' symbol in the LH margin applies to the digit reading when the m.s. digit is '1' or '2'

The 'analogue' bar graph below the digits, however appears to be displaying the '457.3' portion AND a negative sign, so the the reading seems pretty definite about the value being negative

R. Burns

• That assumes that there will be SKLeps in the hands of customers. That won't happen. Using a "grounded" PSU just makes it easier for Rossi to set up a demo.

I agree about the assumed market. The point about 'grounded' PSUs is that the demo clearly shows that the issue is irrelevant (ie. just an arbitrary claim); the SKLEP is totally independent from the grid and from ground

R. Burns

Edited once, last by nul-points ().

• I didn't look at this interruption to the "continuous" test, and don't know if that meter would show "+ amps or "- amps" depending on which way it was connected.

But in my tests the lamp did run dimmer when I switched ammeter ranges. I should have used constant-current mode, not constant-voltage.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.