The Playground

• This is where a typo can take you - RCAT...

Research Collaboration Advice Team (RCAT)

The Research Collaboration Advice Team (RCAT) is a collaboration between the government and academia which provides research institutions with a first point of contact for official advice about national security risks linked to international research.

Research Collaboration Advice Team (RCAT)
    The Research Collaboration Advice Team (RCAT) is a collaboration between the government and academia which provides research institutions with a first point of…
    www.gov.uk

• For me it ended in 2014. Everything that has happened after, and even more these last days, shows that there's a reason why one does keep receiving "Nigeriam Scam" e-mails: Because some people actually do fall for it.

What interests me is 'What is AR's Exit Plan?'

Let's be generous and cover 3 scenarios:-

1) Well-intentioned, but badly-mistaken. A real product actually gets to market, it doesn't work anywhere near as hyped. Leonardo Corp goes down the tubes. Hopefully someone close to AR can redirect his focus on tennis, or flower-arranging;

2) New Science discovered. A real product actually gets to market and its performance meets (or even exceeds) the hype. Leonardo Corp makes a killing. Humble Pie becomes the staple food for scientists and EEs the world over. AR retires and redirects his focus on tennis and cracking the Theory of Everything;

3) Investment scam. There is no product. There was never any intention of making a product. Development of, and interaction with, a fanbase is entirely to provide evidence of interest and support which can be used as 'security' to investors. The fanbase is strung-along as being intimately involved in the whole process, when in fact they are just window-dressing to flesh-out the myth. No product will ever get to market because there is no New Science discovery. The only 'Invention' taking place is the creation (and re-cycling) of claims for a magical technology. After the 'herd' of investors is eventually milked dry, perhaps the Investors will be allowed to test some 'examples' of the 'new technology', when they will be able to discover the truth about the claims. The inventor can make one last claim: they 'honestly believed it worked'

So serious Investors are bilked out of their money - at their risk. Another day, another risk. But what to do about a lot of angry punters-to-be, who have invested over a decade of their lives in anticipation of a New Tomorrow. Is the world a big-enough place to hide from all these newly-gained enemies?

Gie me ae spark o' nature's fire, That's a' the learning I desire

R. Burns

Edited 3 times, last by nul-points ().

• So serious Investors are bilked out of their money - at their risk. Another day, another risk. But what to do about a lot of angry punters-to-be, who have invested over a decade of their lives in anticipation of a New Tomorrow. Is the world a big-enough place to hide from all these newly-gained enemies?

Serious investors will not touch Rossi now.

Rossi fans will accept any number of excuses - look at our Sam here. And, it seems, no anger.

It will go on forever - remember Rossi's technical competence has never been relevant to his promotions: so increasing obvious flakiness as he is no longer creative in finding new classes of measurement error to exploit does not matter.

Still - his fanbase now is a lot smaller than it was in his heyday!

• Andrea Skammer (the Magician)

December (any date)

nul-points:

1) No

2) No

3) We are working on this.

Warm Regards

• I have mellowed in my Golden Years.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Serious investors will not touch Rossi now.

Rossi fans

It will go on forever -

I understand where you're coming from

Interestingly, there appeared to be an external, interested party viewing the demo setup just the other day (following a Current Test event) - Investor, maybe? (AR was suited-and-booted)

The fanbase is just a misdirection

If it goes on 'forever', then AR's best Exit Plan is to hope that St Peter might be prepared to overlook an applicant from Rome! ;)

R. Burns

• I still think it possible Rossi had something, then lost it. I base that solely on the principle of appeal to authority. By all accounts Focardi was a brilliant man, and even though his health was declining, he would have been hard to fool.

To that list I add the Swedes, who did verify an Ecat showing XH (COP2). Afterwards, they spent years runnning their own experiments to duplicate the effect, but after receiving no help from Rossi were unsuccessful.

In the early years, there also were other unofficial Ecat validations related to potential buyers/investors/licenses scattered through the literature, one of which was reported by Stremmenos, who was another brilliant mind.

• I still think it possible Rossi had something, then lost it.

i agree, too - the initial work may have been genuine, just not marketable for some reason (reliability, repeatability, safety, etc) - maybe the later efforts have just been a drastic attempt to recoup personal losses accrued during the initial development & testing?

Mats Lewan has also expressed a willingness to accept some of the early work, still, whilst being troubled re. the lack of transparency WRT measurement support for later claims

R. Burns

Edited once, last by nul-points ().

• I still think it possible Rossi had something, then lost it. I base that solely on the principle of appeal to authority. By all accounts Focardi was a brilliant man, and even though his health was declining, he would have been hard to fool.

To that list I add the Swedes, who did verify an Ecat showing XH (COP2). Afterwards, they spent years runnning their own experiments to duplicate the effect, but after receiving no help from Rossi were unsuccessful.

In the early years, there also were other unofficial Ecat validations related to potential buyers/investors/licenses scattered through the literature, one of which was reported by Stremmenos, who was another brilliant mind.

Focardi probably never got close to any device of Rossi’s and would have taken AR at his word because Focardi was a scientist and a gentleman.

Bo knows well. The rest probably do too. Their silence is disappointing.

Stremmenos found out soon enough and did the right thing immediately.

How many “working” devices have been tossed aside for the next shiny thing? That is the legacy so far.

• Focardi probably never got close to any device of Rossi’s and would have taken AR at his word because Focardi was a scientist and a gentleman.

By the time Rossi first walked into his lab, Focardi had been a main figure in CF for 18 years. He had seen it all by then...the good and the bad. The successful experiments, and those that had failed. The weak researchers dabbling in something way over their heads, and the qualified scientists showing real XH.

Certainly, IMO, he would have been suspicious of his motives, and claims. Especially after doing a quick search and seeing his criminal history, and weak science background. We can differ in opinions, and I will always respect yours, but I believe there is little chance Focardi would have taken Rossi at his word, and thereby put his reputation on the line.

• By the time Rossi first walked into his lab, Focardi had been a main figure in CF for 18 years. He had seen it all by then...the good and the bad. The successful experiments, and those that had failed. The weak researchers dabbling in something way over their heads, and the qualified scientists showing real XH.

Certainly, IMO, he would have been suspicious of his motives, and claims. Especially after doing a quick search and seeing his criminal history, and weak science background. We can differ in opinions, and I will always respect yours, but I believe there is little chance Focardi would have taken Rossi at his word, and thereby put his reputation on the line.

Several researchers blinded themselves to the odd things because they thought Rossi’s device could verify their LENR/CF/ZPE ideas, which then together could save the world and bring some sort of bright, cheap energy abundant future.
    There is little chance that Focardi went over the fine details, or that he would even be given them, or he probably would have found something fishy pretty quick. Like it never works when he did it, etc. Considering Rossi’s measurement skills 15 years later, he must have been completely horrible back then. Recall the ‘steam’ probe fiasco? That was right in front of Focardi, Levi, and a whole crowd of university professors and technical people. Scientists don’t expect to be bullshitted by their fellows. They expect that the correct equipment and procedures are being used. They don’t expect to have vet every single thing because they are used to their peers being honest, forthright and well-versed in their areas of expertise. They are not expecting a magic show and they are expecting to be surprised but in a good way. The con job is in making sure appearances ensure the doubt stays suspended and the hope is entrenched.

• Recall the ‘steam’ probe fiasco? That was right in front of Focardi, Levi, and a whole crowd of university professors and technical people. Scientists don’t expect to be bullshitted by their fellows. They expect that the correct equipment and procedures are being used. They don’t expect to have vet every single thing because they are used to their peers being honest, forthright and well-versed in their areas of expertise. They are not expecting a magic show and they are expecting to be surprised but in a good way. The con job is in making sure appearances ensure the doubt stays suspended and the hope is entrenched.

You are re-writing history there. Rossi asked Levi to assemble a bunch of UofB experts to test the device. They were allowed to bring ANYTHING except a radiation spectrometer. One person snuck one in and recorded radiation bursts while Rossi was trying to start the eCat.

• You are re-writing history there. Rossi asked Levi to assemble a bunch of UofB experts to test the device. They were allowed to bring ANYTHING except a radiation spectrometer. One person snuck one in and recorded radiation bursts while Rossi was trying to start the eCat.

"snuck one"?

The magician was well aware on what Celani was doing, in fact he was keeping an eye on and when realized that Celani moved toward spectrum measurement the magician forced him to stop the measurements.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.