The Playground

• But Rossi didn't make that choice. It was a supposed expert from UofB who brought the instrument.

Rossi filtered experts for incompetence or complaisance - and found ways to get rid of the ones he invited by mistake (like Krivit) who ended up exercising critical thinking and being problematic.

In some cases Rossi we know set the technical agenda (seeded with error) as in Lugano. In other cases who knows? For example, an informal conversation in which Rossi casually mentions the issue of wet steam and recommends an easily obtained piece of equipment that (he says) can be used to check that. A lot of the UoB stuff included Levi, who would naturally propagate Rossi mismeasurement and would be deferred to by UoB experts who were not expert in the specific measurements.

Notice that Rossi does not have steam power measurement experts for his demos that depend on steam power measurement.

Luckily for Rossi - it is not easy to find experts in all of the necessary fields of measurement.

Many people here were overly impressed by the "Profs" who honestly bought into Rossi's stuff. But most Profs are good at critical thinking in a specific limited domain (Feynman an exception here) - not at all the right people to be checking Rossi's demos. Remember the "expert on measurement" on that team was Levi, whose independence was irremediably compromised. Profs will always (again perhaps Feynman exception) defer to other more relevant experts things outside their own field. With Hanno Essen Rossi was just very, very lucky - and although Chairman of the Swedish Skeptic's Society Essen had limited ability to think outside the box or understand the extent to which there was no insufficient critical assessment of Rossi's demos. A poor skeptic...

When I say Rossi was lucky with Essen, I do not mean he was lucky Essen could be convinced. Rossi would not have selected or stuck with Essen if he had not been easily swayed. He was lucky that he found an easily swayed person with such apparently good skeptical credentials.

• But Rossi didn't make that choice. It was a supposed expert from UofB who brought the instrument.

The dry steam was not to be questioned. It was dry steam. What else could 101 C steam mean? No matter the meter it was dry steam and the meter is perfectly right to say that it was dry steam even if not made to be so hot as steam, but it still proves it was dry steam and only dry steam and anyone that questions it is as fool as anyone can see the steam is dry.

• I have a faster than the speed of light rocket engine concept, yet to be proven. I also have an extremely large bank account, yet to be proven.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Therefore this confirms that none of those present, academics. scientists, UofB presumed experts or technicians (Levi and Focardi included) had a suitable knowledge about how those measurements should be made.

More to the point, nobody ever re-did the measurements with the correct tool.
    Of course that opportunity never actually presented itself.

• Most discussions about il dottore, for some reason, remind me this classic Norwegian song jocular interpretation:

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Most discussions about il dottore, for some reason, remind me this classic Norwegian song jocular interpretation:

External Content m.youtube.com

well if THAT'S going to be the standard of the 2023 Eurovision SC, then it's going to be, ahem ...nul-points for Royame-Uni next year!

1st place to Ukraine, again, followed by a well-deserved 2nd place by Norge! ;)

Gie me ae spark o' nature's fire, That's a' the learning I desire

R. Burns

• it's amazing what 1 person... sorry, 23 people can achieve in just 5 short years

So, as 2022 draws painfully to an end, I've been doing a little background research and found that Leonardo Corp, et al (or should that be 'et AI'?), have been almost unbelievably productive over the past 5 years. I've collated a list of some key milestones achieved in that time and it seems to me that even Elon Musk would be hard-pressed to be so active

I've had to leave out a whole raft of sub-goals from the list, as it is, but to an old OCD like me, this makes for fascinating study, particularly when some notable milestones seem to crop up more than once

Now, if like me, you're completely at ease with watching paint dry, then i heartily recommend a sustained and thoughtful 'butchers' at the 1+ pages in the attached PDF file and while it gently sends you to sleep, I'm sure that you, too, will be in awe at the majestic evidence of a true Maestro at work

(one of my personal favourite episodes is the 'Gas Turbine Affair' between 23 June - 23 July 2018 ...well, that and just the sheer cajones of the whole thing!)

Happy Holidays!

eCatMilestones2018-2022.pdf

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.