The Playground

• 301 Lux at distance of 8 cms.

Quite difficult to say, in this case the luminous flux could be in the range of 8-12 lumen.

• Interesting - these 2 objects are both claimed to be producing 300 Lux (albeit without distance given)

This is a classic magician's scam good for his dupes.

The illuminance (lux) is only the total luminous flux per unit area (perpendicular to it) independently by the distance from the source of light.

Illuminance (lux) says nothing about the luminous flux (lumen) of the source if you don't know the distance.

Luminous flux is that physical quantity related with the power.

• AR latest:

“Exclusive photo of the Ecat MiniSKLep gridless in action during the R&D process;

[...]

The Head light is the same model of the one of the live streaming on course.

The only difference, this is in SSM mode.

The 21 grams include ecat’s body and internal stuff, The total weight is 390+21 grams”

"Total weight = 411gm" - therefore the 'new' Gridless is mounted with the lamp/base assembly

The claim is 'no external supply' to this miniSKLep

So I guess that there won't be 2 external wires (a black and a red) feeding into this assembly then ;)

• Looking the "Exclusive photo of the Ecat MiniSKLep gridless in action during the R&D process" (definition drawn from the well known dupes site), in the darkness on background it seems to see a new "spectra"... :)

Maybe it's a reflected image of the scammer.

• Interesting - these 2 objects are both claimed to be producing 300 Lux (albeit without distance given)

LOOK MA, NO WIRES!

You, too, can do this:- No New Science - No Real Magic - Just Concealment

...Lux meter distance from source? Not telling! 😜

(click on Thumbnail to view full photo)

ISO 200, f2.0, shutter 1/17; camera-to-LED approx 91cms (3')

Gie me ae spark o' nature's fire, That's a' the learning I desire

R. Burns

Edited 4 times, last by nul-points ().

• I 'see' it ...but i don't believe it ;)

50mW is enough for a photo-able demo using high efficiency power leds. These increase in efficiency a bit at very low currents (lower Vf, lower temperature) but anyway are no worse than linear. (for example, this datasheet shows (low current) led linearity of luminous flux with current down to very low currents https://www.sunledusa.com/products/spec/XZCM2CRK53WA-8VF.pdf)

20 X AA battery is 60 Wh or 50 days

or, another way of looking at it, each 2.5 days of life costs 24g of weight, so a 1kg unit would last 100 days. (You can get higher energy density from lithium cells but AA cells are dirt cheap).

rechargeable + a small solar cell could scavenge 50mW quite happily - but I'm not sure Rossi is up for that now.

All we can be sure is that no-one capable of independent testing will get these things.

It is pathetic - and of interest in some psychological fashion - that now Rossi has so pared back his game, with these little leds, none of his followers think it strange that not one such unit ever sees even a friendly independent tester. He may release in locked black box form one of these "SSM" units: just remember 100 days / kg. However given that the light level is so feeble I rather suspect they will not be released? Orbo was a good deal more flashy, if equally pointless.

THH

• My own fake SSM, shown above (#9830), is battery-based, obviously, but I'm not so sure the Leonardo offering will go that route. Plenty of entertainment still to come, in the New Year, I'm sure

Gie me ae spark o' nature's fire, That's a' the learning I desire

R. Burns

Edited once, last by nul-points ().

• All we can be sure is that no-one capable of independent testing will get these things.

It is pathetic - and of interest in some psychological fashion - that now Rossi has so pared back his game, with these little leds, none of his followers think it strange that not one such unit ever sees even a friendly independent tester. He may release in locked black box form one of these "SSM" units: just remember 100 days / kg. However given that the light level is so feeble I rather suspect they will not be released? Orbowas a good deal more flashy, if equally pointless.

if nothing else he could sell the ECatSK SSM as a novelty product.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.