The Playground

• Indeed THHuxleynew , however he is talking about mainstream theory failures there.

Yes, well dark matter and energy are explicitly things not understood - and ever-better CBR measurements (amongst other early universe observations) will likely in the end allow us to pick one of the many candidates.

My favourite: quantum spacetime effects lead to MOND (which fits a lot better read the review article linked to this news article)

But the evidence for one or other definite theory just is not there yet. For example dark matter from entanglement.

So we have a lot of speculation, and no clear winner yet - but the good news is that these theories are all predictive (mainly of details in CBR and background gravitational waves). Observations of this stuff is getting better, as are infra-red observations of the early universe (James Webb etc). So unlike the "theoreticians talk to themselves" stuff these theories get regularly disproved by new experimental evidence. In the end (it is fair to expect) one will be so good in its overall predictivity and economy that we can be pretty sure it is right.

So exciting times. The clear holes in the standard model (and also its arbitrariness) all have potential to be resolved by a proper quantum spacetime theory - with high energy particle physics and cosmology properly unified. I am optimistic because of the enormous increase in the breadth and quality of experimental data.

Whereas for LENR - I am not yet seeing theories lead to predictions which are tested by experiments that can falsify the theories.

LENR-lite (the stuff that I - conditionally - like) in principle can lead to such theories. For example:

Deuteron-deuteron nuclear reactions at extremely low energies
    The theoretical analysis of the $^{2}\mathrm{H}{(d,p)}^{3}\mathrm{H}$ reaction taking place in both metallic as well as gaseous targets at deuteron energies of…
    journals.aps.org

The suggested narrow peak resonance here can in principle be seen or eliminated from experiments. If it explains LENR, then temperature-dependence etc can be related to resonance position.

So inasfar as this work leads to inflexible and therefore disprovable theories (see the MOND review article for a nice definition of flexibility) - and the experiments that would disprove the theories are done - it would turn LENR into real science where theoreticians and experimentalists battle it out.

Without that we have a position similar to alchemy. The experimental work is real and significant, there is underlying science to be discovered, but the key beliefs of the experimentalists are driven by wish-fulfilment and have little or no relationship to that science.

• On this topic;

Quanta have an excellent article on Alzheimer's research.

What Causes Alzheimer’s? Scientists Are Rethinking the Answer. | Quanta Magazine

This shows how the Alzheimer's research community and their funding pipelines became focused on the amyloid cascade hypothesis.

If that hypothesis had been correct then we could have hit the jackpot.

Unfortunately the many failed drug trials suggest that this hypothesis is incorrect or too simplistic.

Among other things science is a social activity and when a science community focuses their efforts on a correct path then things can really progress.

But when they focus on an incorrect path then a lot of time and resources are wasted.

Not only this but the article explains nicely how other research avenues were effectively shut down.

There was no plot or conspiracy to do this.

In some cases young researchers were told by senior figures that Alzheimer's would be solved in a few years so not worth pursuing as a career.

In other cases where researchers had their own, different ideas for research, they found it difficult to convince funding sources given the prevailing view.

Certainly private pharma companies are very resistant to spending billions of dollars on a non-mainstream theory.

So now after decades of trials and billions of dollars spent and so many patients left without a treatment the community is starting to rethink things!!!

Interestingly this was because a community had a persuasive path forward that overshadowed competing theories.

In the case of LENR it is even more difficult because, as far as the mainstream community is concerned, there is not even a problem to solve and LENR does not even exist.

Thankfully, unlike communities such as flat earthers and climate change deniers, science will change under the weight of evidence.

If somebody produced a treatment tomorrow that cured Alzheimer's then the attention and funding would quickly focus on that.

Equally if somebody produces a replicable and verifiable LENR device then attention and funding would quickly focus on that.

I know that Jed and others might say that this already happened decades ago but yet here we are.

[Edit; to be fair to Jed I feel it has to be said that the LENR situation is even worse because the problem is not merely that it is not mainstream but that some senior figures have labelled it as "heretical".]

Here is hoping for great things for LENR in 2023.

• He realized that these exclusive groups of believers subscribe to a far-fetched notion under the premise that they are privileged to know it while outsiders will only recognize its truthfulness in the future. When evidence contradicts their belief, some attempt to leave the congregation and often do not find a safe haven outside their tainted community. And so, they often return back to their original community where they are welcome, and promote variants of their original beliefs that circumvent the contradicting evidence.

One way or another, we must avoid the intoxicating tendency to get entrenched in ideas that cannot be falsified, and instead seek new ideas guided by evidence-based knowledge.

I believe he is specifically talking about Axil Axil, who just happened to return to ECW.

• When "Science" articles about topics like
    "Physicists Say They've Created a Device That Generates 'Negative Mass'"

get in relation with topics like this, on the very same web page:

one might cogigate about what's available to crackpots and transverse thinker on the internets and what it might cause
    to people with "Dunning-Kruger"...

I believe that 'Dunning-Kruger' has been discredited

....but hey, what do I know? 😉

Gie me ae spark o' nature's fire, That's a' the learning I desire

R. Burns

• I believe that 'Dunning-Kruger' has been discredited

In general, I would say, it's disputed, yes. And that's okay.

In my personal experience in private, at work, and on the internets: I find it a lot.
    That is the reason why I avoid contact to Homo Sapiens.

The amount of people and friends I talk to regulary has overall decreased a lot in the last years.

It's not bad at all. Talking to the remaining close friends is inspiring and illuminating.
    That's my bubble :)

But I also found new contacts and have interessting discussions in e.g. my company. I work for a very big company, let's say about 250.000 employess from all over the world. Got insight in a lot of different cultures and with different level of education.

And, "Assholes" are everywhere, it does not depend on your birthplace or your national origin.

From all the chaotic informations, produced by media, I made up my 4 categories:

1. People produce "BS", because you can earn a lot of money in this new society (Internet portals, "Social Media")

2. You gain followers, because they think now they are on a higher level of "consciousness" (Crackpots) and they try to missionate others

3. You gain followers, because they are dump like a piece of bread (The Dunning-Kruger folks)

4. There are trolls, who try to amplify the "BS", because they have fun with that kind of doing.

• The SKLep got a virtual visit. Who is holding the laptop and who is it on the screen?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The SKLep got a virtual visit. Who is holding the laptop and who is it on the screen?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Who is? Perhaps the next "partner" of the magician, very close to fall into the spider's web.

• Now that another year is coming to an end, I thought I should check back to see what's new regarding Rossi?

I hope one of the Rossi fanboys can tell me what’s the going price for an e-cat at Home Depot?

Didn’t Rossi promise the distribution of domestic E-Cats via Home Depot 10 years ago?

Now that energy costs are skyrocketing, I'd be willing to buy one of those miracle things.

It could also be a Hot-Cat or a Gas-Cat or one of those Jet-Engin E-Cats, or even a Quark-X or an E-CatLep or any other E-Cat model (I surely forgot to list some of Rossi’s inventions) - but please no E-CatLed.

Or would it be more economical to use Rossi's "heat on demand" service? Where can I subscribe for that?

If Rossi can't deliver right now, is there at least any "copy-cat" from Russia or the Czech Republic, or at least some LENR pellets to boil a cup of tea with?

• Happy New Year to all!

'Tis the season to be jolly

Tralalala it's Tritium

Peer reviewers say it's folly

But we all just pity'em

May your Geigers start to clatter

Tralalala it's Tritium

And your cooling curves get flatter

XSH is just the minimum

New Year gift we want to see.

Best Wishes. Alan Smith

• ...if there's any left in the bottle, Alan - Slainthe!

Gie me ae spark o' nature's fire, That's a' the learning I desire

R. Burns

• ROSSI ANDREA ELECTRIC ENERGY GENERATOR AND ELECTRIC ENERGY GENERATION METHOD

Abstract (ZH) Although the high density of allowed energy states in vacuum is beneficial to the generation of virtual particles, in ordinary metal conductors, the number of allowed states is relatively small, which hinders the generation of virtual particles. This difference can be exploited to produce highly efficient electrical energy generating devices, which is the object of the present invention. The above-mentioned object is solved by an electric energy generating device formed of metal or quartz containing a conductor, connected to a power source for driving an electron gun made of tungsten-hafnium alloy, and formed by arranging a grid on the electron gun A conductive hollow shell is formed where, when electrons hit the target on the opposite side, a magnet moves the electrons in a straight line towards the target, the shell is grounded until the hollow is saturated, at which point the MOSFET prevents the electrons from moving towards ground, The diode directs the electrons to the capacitor and from the capacitor to the load.

CN115459624

AU2021282556

PATENT LITERATURE

US Pat. No. 9115913 Fluid heater

US Pat. No. 6465965 Method and system for energy conversion using a screened-free-electron source

US Pat. No. 9502202 Systems and methods for generating coherent matterwave beams

US Pat. No. 550354 Self-exciting constant-current alternator

US Pat. No. 7379286 Quantum vacuum energy extraction

US Pat. No. 9306527 Systems, apparatuses, and methods for generating and/or utilizing scalar-longitudinal waves

US Pat. No. 3670494 Method and means of converting atomic energy into utilizable kinetic energy

• A few very preliminary thoughts:-

a) I feel cheated there aren't more batteries distributed internally throughout the circuit

b) How could the rest of the world have missed the obvious method to supply V DC to the opto-isolator TLP2767 (across pins 6 & 4) except by adding an extra 5V battery (B3=5V) in a circuit with an existing DC supply (another battery, B1=24V), instead of just reducing that 24VDC with, say, a potential divider using a few passive components (eg. R,C,Zener)? This battery is shown with the incorrect polarity for the chip supply

c) Another interesting 'feature' is yet another battery (B4=10V), in series with a capacitor via ground, applied in parallel with the AC output winding of the Electron Gun excitation transformer - an interesting combination of DC and AC circuitry. If the idea is for the battery to apply a fixed DC offset, wrt ground, for the AC drive to the Electron Gun, then what is the intended operation of the capacitor at the other end of that winding?

d) There are some interesting Diode/Mosfet polarities shown, in a mixture of 'floating' and grounded circuitry: zener Z1 from the 'reaction' chamber, mosfet T2, and diode D1 providing output to the 1kW rated 1kOhm resistive load

You've probably heard of Patent Applications containing one or two carefully seeded 'mistakes' amongst the required Valid Description of functionality, to obscure the final key to replication?

It seems to me that the reverse approach has been applied here - the patent is comprised of 'mistakes'/misdirection and only valid functionality has been omitted

It's definitely novel !

(PS. This Patent is nothing like the charade with the supposed 10W miniSKLeps - so are the miniSKLeps just a 'blind' to try and wrong-foot potential 'reverse-engineers'? This patent shown above could relate to a genuine development, whilst obviously containing its own FUD within the Patent)

• Here's the schematic with a legend (from the text) added.

A phosphor screen (or active catalyst?) is described by items 33 and 34 (not in the legend):

33-Using alloys of gallium, indium, phosphorus, arsenic, germanium, gold, bismuth to form a layered fence around the plasma

34 - layer of alloy described in symbol 33

• IMO E-Cat utilizes atomic hydrogen discharge. Atomic hydrogen has perfectly spherical atoms, non deformed with interaction with another atoms. Such an orbitals exhibit forbidden electron transitions, which don't radiate energy into outside. It requires high activation energy to excite and deexcite such an orbitals, their absorption lines in spectra are narrow and weak due to their low probability. Such a activation energy can be assisted with vacuum fluctuations, electron orbitals behave like jumping popper toy flipping with high pace.

IMO there is an analogy between E-Cat SKLep, cavitation devices and magnetic generators in the matter, that spherical orbitals, magnetic domains or bubbles can not radiate energy easily so that their implosions can get assisted with thermal noise of material, i.e. quantum fluctuations. The common aspects of magnetic motors and generators like MEG is, they utilize bucking or bifilliar coils or magnets in repulsive arrangement, so that magnetic domains aren't stretched, but compressed symmetrically and they're forced to pulsate.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.