The Playground

• ie about 20x torque amplification (my term) in the prototype.

That sounds great. Put 5 contraptions behind each other and get 20^5=3200000-fold amplification. Or even more. Start with a 100 W motor and provide big cities with power (motor being powered by itself). All of that just from magnets. Wow, give that guy the Nobel Prize.

• I can't spot how to "fake" it.

Everything is out in the open. I'm not familiar with torque sensors, but I presume they are in-line with the shaft : eg a rubber disk on which you measure the deflection at the two sides.

How would you inject 20x into that mechanical system?

ps: Michael Hannigan is the inventor and President of Motoflux. Corbin is the CEO

• According to an online source (which I haven't verified).

> In a disk brake, the relationship between torque and the heat dissipated is direct and proportional. As the torque applied to the brake rotor increases, so does the amount of heat dissipated.

> The equation that relates the torque applied to a disk brake to the heat dissipated is as follows:

Q = (T * V) / (C * R * μ)

> where Q is the heat dissipated, T is the torque applied to the brake rotor, V is the linear velocity of the rotor, C is the specific heat capacity of the brake disc material, R is the radius of the brake rotor, and μ is the coefficient of friction between the brake pad and rotor.

We could get V and R from the video, and use typical values for C and R.

The input power into the motor could easily be read.

• Mike Corbin is no dummy. He held the 2-wheel EV land speed record for over 30 years, using Yardney Silver-Zinc batteries. His motorcycle accessory business has been hugely successful, so he has no need to scam anyone. Corbin.com. Of course having known him for years I'm not entirely unbiased.

All that said, he could be deluding himself.

• Al you ned to do is synchronise your pulse frequency to your torque meter sampling frequency, and you can easily get an apparent over-unity.

The torque meters show a frequency of around 30-35 rpm most of the time (I saw one at 50 rpm).

The torque plot shows the "sin" waveform of push/pull -- at a resolution much finer than that. From the lack of visible steps, I'd say maybe 100:1

I've downloaded the video, and the frequency looks about right. I could frame-by-frame and calculate the angles if need be, but THAT would be a waste of my time.

• Electric planetary gear?

Sorry, torque converter.
    A fluid one brings fluid in the middle and propels it outward to the outer ring which caries the load.

Normally there is slippage to allow the torque multiplication, which seems to be the jumping ahead part in the magnet version.

• ps: Michael Hannigan is the inventor and President of Motoflux. Corbin is the CEO

That's the same person.

Interesting article about Hanagan:

The State of California has filed several civil suits against Tom and Mike Corbin and others claiming that they misled investors involved in their Sparrow electric car operation.

The complaints, filed in San Francisco Superior Court, said that the Corbins raised more than $10 million from the sale of securities and unregistered franchises.

Another story:

'Shagadelic' Green Machine Only a Mirage, Investors Say
    Hundreds on waiting list for the quirky-looking Sparrow left hanging by its maker's bankruptcy. An O.C. man sues to get their deposits back.
    www.latimes.com

Corbin Motors, maker of the Sparrow and an updated version called the Merlin, filed for bankruptcy in March. Last week, the state Department of Corporations sued the motor company, which has roots in Costa Mesa, but ultimately settled in Northern California, alleging the firm’s owners used those deposits and other investments to fund a lavish lifestyle

The motorbike seats at corbin.com seem to be real though.

• An innovative torque transducer (like what gears do) - fine.

An 20X over-unity (energy in vs out) electromechanical device:

They are either scammers or quite remarkably badly informed. Or, like Rossi, both.

Decreasing an evs battery size so much is only possible with the latter? You would however get some benefit from a very efficient torque transducer.

However, if as claimed - power from permament magnets:

There are no actual claims - beyond the headline for power generation - just torque generation. The two are not the same.

Power could in principle be extracted from permanent magnets - but there is not a LOT of energy there to extract. And what do you do when they are de-magnetised?

THH

• Mike Corbin is no dummy. He held the 2-wheel EV land speed record for over 30 years, using Yardney Silver-Zinc batteries. His motorcycle accessory business has been hugely successful, so he has no need to scam anyone. Corbin.com. Of course having known him for years I'm not entirely unbiased.

All that said, he could be deluding himself.

People can be very badly informed, and behave stupidly, in specific areas, without in any way being ignorant or unable to think clearly generally. Such is the wonder of the human brain.

Laithwaite is the classic example in this area (over-unity electromagnetic machines). Actually his thing was intertialess drive but that can be turned into over-unity I'm sure!

Laithwaite was a clever guy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Of course the simplest fake would be to feed the torque monitors from a monster machine off-screen. Would a visible inspection of the cable run be enough?

Another would be to house a big clockwork spring in the supports. But that would run out of power, so the test would have to be run for a suitable time.

A third would be to power a hidden electric motor, fed through the supports.

• Of course the simplest fake would be to feed the torque monitors from a monster machine off-screen. Would a visible inspection of the cable run be enough?

Another would be to house a big clockwork spring in the supports. But that would run out of power, so the test would have to be run for a suitable time.

A third would be to power a hidden electric motor, fed through the supports.

I have so little interest in e-m machine delusions (to use the kinder and in this case from what you say more accurate word) that I'm not inclined much to look at this one.

I guess were I to do so I'd consider that from any such system the output torque would be variable and could therefore easily be mis-measured. My 2nd consideration would be that without checking every part of this there is the possibility of some dramatic miscalculation of torque.

• It always seemed to me that torque isn’t the main shortfall of electric motors. It’s usually it’s main feature.

The main feature of electric motors is that if you connect the shafts in series with certain gear ratios, you can use the last one to feedback some of the generated electricity to run the first one and thus create free energy. See ECW for examples.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.