The Playground

• Quantisation of eCat SSM Demo stream image supports previous suggestions that there is a source of bright light in front of, and projecting towards, (and beyond), the demo lamp and therefore it will contribute to the level of illumination from the lamp's reflector

I thought it was interesting that night time etc didn't change the ambient light levels much (in the old stream it did).

Now I see the Fire tablet clock display has been swapped for an analogue watch....the changing light levels due to the different Fire digits displayed was very noticable against the back of the lamp (indicating very low illumination levels)...could that be the reason??

So much fun, so much potential for deception.

• I thought it was interesting that night time etc didn't change the ambient light levels much (in the old stream it did).

Now I see the Fire tablet clock display has been swapped for an analogue watch....the changing light levels due to the different Fire digits displayed was very noticable against the back of the lamp (indicating very low illumination levels)...could that be the reason??

So much fun, so much potential for deception.

Light is reflecting off the front of the watch bezel which is further forward than the front of the lamp lens - this also suggests a light source facing both

When the stream was first setup the room lights were on and the demo lamp looked either off or v weakly lit; then the room lights were turned off, the image went very dark and it appeared as if the camera was adjusting to the low ambient as the image brightened - watching the clock display (and its surround) however, it looked as if the increasing lighting level was happening everywhere below, around the lamp/plexiglass area, except for the clock top surface,, suggesting it was not just a camera adaptation to ambient but also an increasing level of illumination somewhere ahead and off-camera

...you're right- endless fun - and so much entertainment from the sock-puppet chorus at the moment!

Gie me ae spark o' nature's fire, That's a' the learning I desire

R. Burns

• From the reflections I would say that the camera is a tablet/laptop, the screen of which stays on and is illuminating towards the setup. It also looks like there is a white screen close behind the setup?

Just surprised I didn't notice dawn arriving - maybe invented in better blackout blinds for the apartment (sorry 'lab').

• From the reflections I would say that the camera is a tablet/laptop, the screen of which stays on and is illuminating towards the setup. It also looks like there is a white screen close behind the setup?

Just surprised I didn't notice dawn arriving - maybe invented in better blackout blinds for the apartment (sorry 'lab').

Judging from the set of accompanying still photos, it appears to be a camera on a short tripod facing the demo lamp - overhead shot appears to be supported by something similar to a microphone stand

Yes, initially, at lights out, the room goes very dark (even at midday, when streaming started) but from then on there is this constant level of illumination in the room (particularly near the lamp, but in unusual areas for direct illumination by it), and plenty of reflective 'tells' off stuff that is camera-facing and 'shouldn't be in the path of the lamp beam

My vote is for the demo lamp to be v weakly lit by an internal battery - to give longest time between changes, and some visible light when room lights on or lamp mobile - and an external light source (pencil-beam torch, maybe?), off-camera and pointed at demo lamp reflector focus

Note also that demo lamp appears to be directed slightly to the left of camera view (why, when you'd want to maximise light beam from its bulb?) and also that there appears to be plastic tape, or film, on the surface of the demo lamp glass (because the lamp has been disassembled for some reason, and cobbled back together? - or to act as some kind of 'filter' to obscure reflections of external light source? - or to give impression of light 'bloom' from light coming from its internal reflector?)

As you say, deception

• My vote is for the demo lamp to be v weakly lit by an internal battery - to give longest time between changes, and some visible light when room lights on or lamp mobile - and an external light source (pencil-beam torch, maybe?), off-camera and pointed at demo lamp reflector focus

Also my vote. He's also using an external light source, with a narrow beam hitting close to the reflector focal point.

• Someone at ECW made an interesting observation.

Submit Questions about the E-Cat SKLep SSM –

Can someone explain, what is light (red) source reflecting on hand watch, when someone installing it next to Ecat yesterday? That light started to appear on 03/14/23, first day of live stream at 3:48 min. At that moment room became dark. After that Ecat started to look brighter and red color started to show on edges of Ecat lamp. After detail screening, I came to conclusion, that something (probable light source) installed in front of Ecat and someone at 3:48 turn on that light source and Ecat start looking brighter. Yesterday, while someone installing hand watch, that light (red color) reflection appeared several times on hand watch and the person tried several times to install the watch the way, that red light doesn't show up on watch. Any idea, what light source exist in front of Ecat?

• Someone at ECW made an interesting observation.

The red light appears to be associated with something just off-camera to the lower-left, in the vicinity of what appears to be an external white light source directed at the demo lamp reflector

A reflection of the red light can be seen on the surface of the new clock, as it is pushed across the surface of the table, below the demo lamp and in front of the plexiglass support shelf

...maybe there's an RGB projector, or similar, which just happens to have been left there, pointed at the demo lamp, and left switched-on. Jus' sayin...

R. Burns

Edited once, last by nul-points ().

• An external light source illuminating the reflector would free him from any worries about battery changing, the external light would just be plugged in to produce "infinite COP".

Here's a typical headlight reflector. In the middle we have a thread and a contact for the bulb, the thread seems to be shiny too.

Here is the ECat at start up.

And here is the start up sequence. At first the external light seems dim, then the room lights are switched off, then someone cranks up the external light, the room is lit by this light and the light source is reflected. It could be a naked LED or LED-COB connected to a second PSU with those red numbers on the display.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• You and I may have arrived at this 'far-fetched' conclusion, but anytime now a sock-puppet will zap into JoNP and rubbish our theory, just wait and see! 😉

R. Burns

That light started to appear on 03/14/23, first day of live stream at 3:48 min. At that moment room became dark. After that Ecat started to look brighter and red color started to show on edges of Ecat lamp. After detail screening, I came to conclusion, that something (probable light source) installed in front of Ecat and someone at 3:48 turn on that light source and Ecat start looking brighter.

The red light.

• I'm 99% positive that panning the live camera would show something like this:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'm 99% positive that panning the live camera would show something like this:

Hmmm could be ...but the red reflection in the watch looked like a single red power indicator, rather than digital readouts? We could be seeing a hazy reflection of the readouts at a distance, maybe?

R. Burns

• Very hard to tell, too blurry and unsharp. The red PSU display is just one possibility. I thought of that because Rossi likes to use the same simple gadgets again and again. (BTW, that's Rossi's hand.)

Interesting photo that - notice how brightly lit is the thumbnail, facing us - also the brightest reflection on the watch bezel is at lower left (and not at upper left which it 'ought' to be if being lit from the demo lamp!)

R. Burns

• Furthermore the Ecat seem to cast a sharp shadow onto the hand.

I think that's the watch shadow - vertical cam appears to show hand nearer to us than demo lens

The watch is definitely nearer us now, than the lamp is

Talking of which...

We shouldn't be able to see the watch face at all - unless there is a 2nd light source directed back at it (and at the lamp reflector). The room went dark (at midday, local time) when the ceiling lights went off. The lamp is behind the watch. Even the way the light reflects on the watch bezel is wrong, to be lit by the lamp

R. Burns

Edited 2 times, last by nul-points ().

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.