The Playground

• @ Paradigmnoia

I've just upvoted your suggestion to Thomas. You have obviously taken your own advice and obscured your own true identity, which you have fiendishly attempted to conceal: Mag Paranoid.

(Sorry to out you like this, Mag, but it is for the betterment of mankind.)

• Quote from "Clarke": “Perhaps then it is my fault for not having a less identifiable id - I thought both Thomas and Clarke were pretty common”

OMG! It's pretty clear to me that you want to both eat the cake and keep it.

One simple question though;…

Sifferkoll, I did not think it would be public, and had no idea that you would use it as you did. Many web sites ask for an e-mail, but few publish it. I don't have any anonymous e-mails. I guess I'm not very clued up with all this web anonymity stuff and have never before needed to be.

• Quote from Mark H: “I'm not saddened so much as outraged. Sifferkoll gleefully threatening Thomas Clarke's employment and Rends backing him up fully? Shameful.”

What good is your opinion? you're a glorified upvote/downvote machine
    I invite anyone to…

Though I don't feel I need to justify my activity on this forum (least of all to the likes of you). I will briefly do so: I don't go in for lengthy posts because I have a real job and must work at it. I read here when I can and when time permits. You have NO idea of my true opinions. FWIW I'm VERY hopeful that LENR is a true phenomenon and I've donated what little I can spare to MFMP who are doing real and valuable work. Others who I could name do nothing but damage the real research being done. Healthy scepticism (such as that brought here by Thomas Clarke) in NO way harms serious scientific inquiry.

• Thomas Clarke, healthy skepticism? LOL. Might as well link RationalWiki as a source of unbiased, thorough, diligent and respectful opinions.

Why don't you spin some more how outing Thomas Clarke, who was until then anonymously posting under the nick Thomas Clarke, will irremediably damage his reputation, the world-saving work he does, how it will put him out of a job and will prevent his family from eating and donating to children suffering from cancer?
    Better yet, spin how Thomas Clarke, the man not the anonymous moniker, is helping LENR research by exposing fraudulent con artists like Rossi, who's been scamming investors, scientists and engineers for a decade.
    To stop man-made GLOBAL WARMING (the only one there is! long-cycle climatic changes are a myth!) we need proper LENR, and every day that passes which sees ROSSI not exposed for the fraud he is, mankind loses MILLIONS of dollars because ROSSI hampers serious, peer-reviewed, academy-endorsed, wholesome SCIENTIFIC work

(Don't laugh, Dewey or Abd -I don't remember they share the same script more or less- was accusing Rossi and people who don't downright think he's a con artist, or costing mankind money and lives :D )

• Strange... After this 'big disgust' that that post caused, I scrolled back and first time clicked link to Thomas home page, it turned out to be familiar. I have not googled any Thomas Clarke, so this must not be first time link has been circling in these forums (was it in Matts blog or Sifferkolls I cannot remember).

Nevertheless Thomas, just want you to know that seeing the page did not change a thing for me. I did not even read more than headlines. Why, because we should weight person more in their own words here, than what is said or written about them. Or in this case for me it does not matter what you or anybody do for their daily work.

Personally I hope you hang around these forums, since without your counterarguments, discussions would become pretty one sided and dull.

• @ Paradigmnoia/Piano Diagram/Mag Paranoid,

Given the apparent appetite of this forum to occasionally eat it's members, your desire to cloak your true identity is quite understandable, and your reminder to watch our fingers is obviously not a paranoid admonishment!

• Quote from Argon

Nevertheless Thomas, just want you to know that seeing the page did not change a thing for me. I did not even read more than headlines. Why, because we should weight person more in their own words here, than what is said or written about them, or in this case for me it does not matter what you or anybody do for their daily work.

It is not you knowing my occupation that concerns me (though I'd rather not have such an exposed e-mail). It is the other way round. I lose privacy.

You are right - Sifferkoll exposed my id by using the e-mail I entered on his blog when asked for one to post there. I should have been more careful, but I was not expecting him to use it.

• Quote from "Clarke"

Sifferkoll, I did not think it would be public, and had no idea that you would use it as you did. Many web sites ask for an e-mail, but few publish it. I don't have any anonymous e-mails. I guess I'm not very clued up with all this web anonymity stuff and have never before needed to be.

Well, sorry to be the bringer of bad news about the cake then; it doesn't work. If you want to be really anonymous and still post comments, you need to work like your friend Frank on ECN; use proxys and anonymized mail to enter. As an example Frank uses multiple web proxys on different continents and mailnesia.com (Panama registered). He needs to do this since he cleverly releases what is very very likely insider information. Like the Fabiano leak to make IH as the partner known without going official. Frank then immidiately started to slander Fabiano ... etc

• Rossi released some details of his new quarkX test. And he finally has a way of measuring the (excess) heat I think everybody can agree on:

How will the heat produced by the Quarks be measured? 7- putting on the hot surface the finger of somebody and see how loudly he cries ( audiometric measurement, a new patent of mine)

• Ahh the Rossi machine is well alive in Argon...lets see what we have here:
    - You are wrong on randombit0, but that is your perogative. This one is very clear and very evident to me for numerous reasons you are probably not privy to. Your view on it is irrelevant at this point.
    - I would need to see at least a tiny shred of comparable knowledge and analytical analysis from you in comparison to Thomas Clarke to even begin to consider your view on this one. You are so far out of your league there.
    - The same applies for Abd...you are so far out of your league being critical of either of these individuals. Your assessment for both is so far off base.
    - No argument here on theory...but like all theories they are advanced by research and analysis. You should talk less and listen more to people like Thomas and Abd, you WILL learn something Argon.
    - I don't see your point about the supporter shift. I am not a supporter of either side as I have no horse in this race, I am just convinced 100%for MANY reasons that Rossi is not being truthful and is most likely a fraud. Moot point.
    - Your assessment of myself versus the others you mentioned is not only laughable but a good example of why you yourself should carry the moniker Besserwisser. OH the irony of the pot and kettle..shall I teach you that one?
    - Argon I applaud you for being Mr. P.C. and coming in to SAVE THE FORUM from the evils that lurk about. Believe me, everyone is doing just find here as we are all adults. Anyone who has thin enough skin to get personally offended by words in a forum should go find their "safe space" and log out of forums. Thank you for your detailed yet useless analysis...you should try to apply it to the topics at hand rather than try to boost your ego by playing forum police. Good day to you sir!

• Since you seem to produce a bulk of your significant amount of postings from the Imperial Collage network, I assume this obsession of yours is part of you job description, or?

(I would not call your page very personal, more like a CV)

Wow beyond tacky Sifferkoll(R)!!! So now you have moved to personal attacks into personal lives. You amaze me. You should be banned for going over the line on this.

• Quote from "renzzzzzie"

You should be banned for going over the line on this.

Late to work are we renzzzie boy! Be careful what you wish for ... If I were gone you would be out of work :)

• I took offense with Siffer's comment about Tom's using his universities internet. That sounded like a veiled threat to me. Other than that, if I had Tom's looks, and CV I would be advertising too! :)

Tom, any trouble with posting your qualifications in the future? While most of us already know, the many newbies now -with more sure to come, might find it handy when judging your input?

This sure sounded like a veiled threat by Sifferkoll(R) toward Tom in my opinion, not sure what other motive he would have. Sifferkoll(R) continues to sink lower and lower...disgusting.

• It is not you knowing my occupation that concerns me (though I'd rather not have such an exposed e-mail). It is the other way round. I lose privacy.

You are right - Sifferkoll exposed my id by using the e-mail I entered on his blog when asked for one to post there. I should have been more careful, but I was not expecting him to use it.

OH wow....so Sifferkoll(R) got your email from you entering it as a technical part of blog registration...and then posted it publicly? That is so shady and unethical...wow...just wow.

• In support of Thomas Clarke, who I personally believe is by far the most knowledgeable individual here on the topics at hand, I will be dropping my scarcasm and any perceived "personal attacks" moving forward even in the PLAYGROUND. Sifferkoll has taken this from an interesting educational situation that admittedly was very heated from time to time (and fun).... to one of disgust and shame through very unethical means. I personally will be sticking to the subject matters from here out. Here is your last chance for a real zinger Sifferkoll(R). I take responsibility for my part in the heat.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.