The Playground

• Quote from "renzzzzzzie"

and then posted it publicly?

Well, in a hurry today are we? If you cared to read and think before you write, you would know that I did not do what you accuse me of. So it is actually you that are the ugly kid on the block.

What I did do though, was to post the link to Thomas very public CV, which I thought was very relevant to the discussion, especially since Thomas advertised himself as sort of analytical ... But, it's all up there. Get back to work now renzzie

• Well, in a hurry today are we? If you cared to read and think before you write, you would know that I did not do what you accuse me of. So it is actually you that are the ugly kid on the block.

What I did do though, was to post the link to Thomas very public CV, which I thought was very relevant to the discussion, especially since Thomas advertised himself as sort of analytical ... But, it's all up there. Get back to work now renzzie

I do not believe what you say at this point regarding this situation, but thank you for reiterating your position.

• Lol Strollenrezz put down that energy drink

A bit triggered are we?

Now show us on the brainscan where big bad Rossi touched you

• It is a link to a public website, on a public server of an public university, that contains no personal data, this does not justify censorship.

Is it OK if I post information on sifferkoll's real name, a few aliases and other public information from a public site? (For those not used to subtle irony, this is a rhetorical question. I would not dream of revealing the information. Maybe. :-))

I find your treatment of Thomas is disgusting, and I agree with Frank's view. Thomas had chosen to use a proper name and not an alias. That does not necessarily mean that it is his real name. He had chosen not to fill in his location, which I interpret as a signal that he wants some anonymity. Of course everybody can do some research and find a probable candidate.

That there are posters here who think that everyone who says something critical of Rossi or LENR should be banned is ... embarrassing! What is the meaning of a discussion if everyone agrees? Why not go to the other places instead?

• Quote from "PE"

Is it OK if I post information on sifferkoll's real name, a few aliases and other public information from a public site?

Åhhh Peter! Here we go again. Did you spot an opportunity to throw some dirt at me? Making small threats are "fun" while some "treatments" are labeled disgusting. Depends on the reciever, eh?

BTW! I only posted a link to Thomas CV, which I considered relevant. With a picture and name easy enough to google and posting from his work he could hardly be considered as even trying to be anonymous. It would equal stupidity. And as you know very very well, posting Rossi slander from an university environment could well be part of the job description. Links to http://sifferkoll.se are all over the place and my name is easy enough to find for anyone who cares.

• That there are posters here who think that everyone who says something critical of Rossi or LENR should be banned is ... embarrassing

Isn't the name of this forum lenr-forum though?

What would you think about a geologist or astrophysicist spending his days debunking the flat earth theory on flatearth-forum.com?

Plain as day there are people here just interested in FUD

• @peterE: Sifferkoll®'s name is common knowledge unless you are either a johnny-come-lately, or you haven't been paying attention. It begins with a T.

But that is not important... It's time for...

SOME PREDICTIONS:

1) Thomas Clarke will be back. And soon. Anyone who has made 1500+ posts is a didact addict, plain and simple. (And I give it a maximum of 30 days before he's jonesing badly).

2) Despite numerous threats Hank Mills will never leave. (And neither should he have to).

3a) Renzzzzzie will return to his trollish ways very shortly. (And likely before the Third Coming of TC).
    3b) The Renzzzzzzzer will never publish his secret statistical proof about Randombit0. (See here and here. Mainly because it only exists in his head).

4) The next member getting banned is "ShaniaBaby"

MARK MY WORDS. YOUR ORACLE HATH SPOKEN!!!

(F9 Suckers)

• posting Rossi slander from an university environment could well be part of the job description.

Sifferkoll, it is completely normal that an academic convinced that Rossi is deluded (forget fraud) will do his best to avoid people falling for it, and avoid taxpayers money to be directed to a dead end (replications of devices that never worked), before real evidence is produced. Why do you need to imagine obscure motivations? You post as often as him so you shouldn't use that parameter to judge, unless you admit having oscure motivations yourself.

For example, I disagree with almost everything you post and consider your analyses polluted by the desire to find secret evil motives behind all actions and events. But I don't doubt that you genuinely engage in these analyses with good intentions for mankind, and even think your deplorable attack on T.C. is genuinely led for the better good since you consider him on the devil's payroll. But you are plain wrong. How about apologizing and restarting a debate on merit rather than identities and qualifications.

• It is sad there are so many people who'd rather play games that get to the truth.

This comment is not directed at randombit but a large number of users on this forum on all sides.

Uh, Hank! Did you notice that this is the Playground? Now, do you want your steamcat or not?

Yes, we have some Sirius Bizniss to deal with. But if smiles are not allowed, forget it. Humanity can go soak its head.

• Rossi released some details of his new quarkX test. And he finally has a way of measuring the (excess) heat I think everybody can agree on:

Quote: “How will the heat produced by the Quarks be measured? 7- putting on the hot surface the finger of somebody and see how loudly he cries ( audiometric measurement, a new patent of mine)

See e-catworld for the full interview. but what is truly hilarious was Acland's comment: Obviously some humor in there.

Ya think?

The real question I have: "how much humor?" Since 2011, I have had a persistent impression that Rossi was taking the piss out of scientists. That he had difficulty keeping a straight face.

I have always maintained a set of alternate realities, i.e., alternate stories.

• Looks like Thomas Clarke did bail. HIs account was deleted, it seems, his contributions cannot now be searched from there. That's unfortunate. Dr. Clarke (and I suspect it is "Dr." Clarke) was an informed contributor, and these are not easy to come by on a Forum like this.

However, it does bring up an issue. In academic science, identity is important. Publication in journals under a pseudonym would be extremely rare. Dr. Clarke has written a very good-looking paper going over the Lugano report. Now, here is the problem. It can be easy to hide errors, or for them to be difficult to notice. Someone publishing in the sciences has a reputation to maintain. Yes, it is about the science and not the person, but ... scientists trust each other to not be misleading, to be careful and check calculations and results. And in a journal, then, there is additional checking. If a paper is seriously poor, it reflects on the author and can damage reputation and career.

As far as I can see, Dr. Clarke's Lugano paper is simply self-published. It could be published, I'd bet that JCMNS would accept it, if it passes peer review there. But if he doesn't want his affiliations to be known -- and even worse if the name is a pseudonym, the value of his paper goes down. Everything in it, every detail would have to be carefully reviewed and confirmed. And I doubt JCMNS would print something anonymous.

The environment in these forums is toxic. That is why I only occasionally visit. I now have less reason.

• Looks like Thomas Clarke did bail. HIs account was deleted, it seems, his contributions cannot now be searched from there. That's unfortunate. Dr. Clarke (and I suspect it is "Dr." Clarke) was an informed contributor, and these are not easy to come by on…

I don't blame Thomas at all. Whether people agree or disagree with his contributions, they were indeed VERY valuable to this forum as well as the field. This is just yet another example of why the mainstream science community wants nothing to do with LENR and associated individuals. Definitely a significant loss.

• Quote from "andrea.s"

Why do you need to imagine obscure motivations? You post as often as him so you shouldn't use that parameter to judge, unless you admit having oscure motivations yourself. ... deplorable attack on T.C ...

• I did not imagine anything. Ask Peter. He will understand since he is/was in the same situation as Thomas and we have had this "discussion" a number of times before.
    • My motives are unusually transparant.
    • I did not attack TC in anyway, regardless of how many times you repeat it. So it was not deplorable. As Abd (amazingly well) said above, Thomas published an article in his name challenging the Lugano Report and requested the academics in Uppsala/Bologna to read, consider and comment on it as if it was an academic paper. In that context Thomas CV is certainly essential. Don't you agree?

Ask Peter
    Thomas published an article in his name challenging the Lugano Report and requested the academics in Uppsala/Bologna to read, consider and comment on it as if it was an academic paper. In that context Thomas CV is certainly essential. Don't you agree?

I can think of a couple of illustrious "Peter" in the LENR field but I am not sure who you mean.

I respectfully disagree.
    Thomas published an article on a blog in response to an article (the Lugano report) on a blog (yours I think) also posted without peer review on the UoB archive.
    Actually I did the same though I avoided the format of a scientific paper.
    Had the Lugano report been published on a peer reviewed journal there would have been refutation papers submitted to the same journals.
    All of this happened in the blogosphere so we are each other's peers.

Basing the review on the qualifications of an author is a shortcut for a lazy reviewer who doesn't wish to analyze merit.

• In support of Thomas Clarke, who I personally believe is by far the most knowledgeable individual here on the topics at hand, I will be dropping my scarcasm and any perceived "personal attacks" moving forward even in the PLAYGROUND. Sifferkoll has taken…

I welcome your decision about dropping sarcasm (and hopefully direct bashing), there are places where it works, but maybe not in this forum, as long as this topic is still heated.
    The importance about arguing on what Thomas Clarke have written here and many other forums, is because he was using his scientific argumentation to convince readers. One example is this suddenly re-popped up 'super heated core with loose coupling', to prove that all Rossis tests were fraudulent. Vaporization of amount of water needs around 4 times the mass, or temp, in hot core no matter is it metal or porous material like stone. Loose coupling or porousness only changes Time constant the heat is released, but does not change stored energy/kg (considering not playing with pressures).

But since Thomas seemingly has bailed out from here, I will respect him and not continue on that topic. He is not able to defend himself in this forum anymore. I just leave it here, by linking very well written post by Abd which explains better my point.

• Quote from "andrea.se"

I can think of a couple of illustrious "Peter" in the LENR field but I am not sure who you mean.

Since you commented on my reply to "Peter Ekström" I took it for granted you understood which one.

• However, it does bring up an issue. In academic science, identity is important. Publication in journals under a pseudonym would be extremely rare. Dr. Clarke has written a very good-looking paper going over the Lugano report. Now, here is the problem. It can be easy to hide errors, or for them to be difficult to notice. Someone publishing in the sciences has a reputation to maintain.

You say it the right way: Science has a need for reputation. But a scientist who argues and talks with the rats (mainly financial/politics r's...) is no longer a scientist. He is talking private.

But to be honest: Science also has lost its reputation. Not since yesterday, it (the reputation) has gone already for decades. There (in science) exist many closed circles, which do mutual citations. These people account for at least 50% of all the rotten stuff publish in the so called honorable journals – covered behind paywalls...
    I personally got this offers for co-publishing already 25 years ago...
    Regarding Thomas I can only gratulate for his decision to take a break. His posting was in part becoming an obsession, which could have destroyed him – not his reputation!

My proposal to keep ignorants, with mainly personal-financial interests, well fenced, is to restrict their posting rights to one or two threads. So let them into the playground and keep a smile watching their “dirt and spit(e)-” game...

• @sifferkoll pretty interesting map you have. At least risk of F&P -80 replay goes down every day if LENR is so widely known. Interstingly quiet in Asian countries, Russia and India. Next time table format with numbers and percentage(vs population) would be nice.

Anybody else wondering where did @Dewey Weaver go? He pretty much disappeared after this exchange around time Rossis Quark-X went under test.
    Coincidence of course?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.