The Playground

• Let me know if Wyttenbach takes his quasi trolling too far. He can sometimes back himself into an untenable position which he then defends with insults, but I'm not following the 62Ni subthread closely enough to know whether or not that's the case in this instance.

Well, this is the playground, after all. As far as I'm concerned, I think this is an entirely appropriate place for Wyttenbach's comments, as there is no pretense that 'playing' has to be contributory or productive. My suggestion regarding contributory comments he might have was regarding topical threads, and it appears that he's made substantial contributions at times in topical threads.

But I appreciate the moderation in moving his and other's here from RvD, based on the quality of the content.

Thanks!

• The tests by I.H. produced no heat. I.H. discovered that an empty cell produced apparent 9 times input.

@Jed; How often do you want to tell us that all people at IH (hired by IH) were idiots? Not beeing able to run tests?

Lugano was off by a factor of 2 but a factor of 9 seems to be more than any manager can get out of the hottest portfolio.

Moved from the Rossi v. Darden thread. Eric

• Let me know if Wyttenbach takes his quasi trolling too far. He can sometimes back himself into an untenable position which he then defends with insults,

Sig & Pgm are allergic against written truth inside a paper. They just pick the raisons they need for their FUD.

Anyways, a 2.13 mg sample of ash, 3 particles selected at random, comprising between 95.6 to 95.9 % of the mass of the sample, totally digested in nitric acid, returned a result of 99.3% Ni62. So that is not a surface effect.

@PGM: Sig: wrote SIMS: Secondary ion mass spectrometry (SIMS) is a technique used to analyze the composition of solid surfaces and thin films by sputtering the surface of the specimen with a focused primary ion beam and collecting and analyzing ejected secondary ions...

Here his post:

"...the ash composition from SIMS is: 58Ni (0.8.%), 60Ni (0.5%), 61Ni
    (0%), 62Ni (98.7%), 64Ni (0%), and from ICP-MS: 58Ni (0.8%), 60Ni

(0.3%), 61Ni (0%), 62Ni (99.3%), 64Ni (0%).

• The tests by I.H. produced no heat. I.H. discovered that an empty cell produced apparent 9 times input.

@Jed; How often do you want to tell us that all people at IH (hired by IH) were idiots? Not beeing able to run tests?

You misunderstand. They were able to run the tests. They followed Rossi's protocol. They did what he said to do, and they got the same results he did. Then they pointed out to him that the cell was empty. He got very upset. He tends to get upset when people prove to him that he is wrong, such as when the people from NASA showed him his cell was plugged up and producing no steam.

This test proved that Rossi is incompetent, not that I.H. is.

• I have not been posting lately (not that anyone cares) not because -> I do or not believe in LENR. Because I do. So my question is why are so many people of high intelligence are not contributing in the other threads to ensure that another path to LENR is either proven or disproven ?

I am aware that some of us do, but clearly not nearly as much time as with regards to Rossi. LENR is not ROSSI. Your ego is involved with Rossi at this point.

This is becoming a social club. Maybe consider regardless of Rossi that we should contribute some time in another thread? I mean if each one of us that thinks it is possible worked towards that goal it would be better to help some other hard working folks that are looking for either guidance or realistic criticism. I know that I am disillusioned but I am aware of my perfidious opinion on the trial, but this raw horsepower that we collectively have does not help our goal. I am aware I will not change opinion but please consider to get off this thread and contribute to another for at least a post or two. Then get back to this if you think it floats your boat. I am not saying to abandon the trial but instead help LENR. Please consider it, just a post or two offering another point of view okay?

• Official Post

I find a 9X measurement error by IH hard to comprehend, at the kind of power levels I presume (from the typical dogbine protocols) they were using. Mistaking 1W for 9W is easy to do, mistaking 100W for 900W is just about feasible, but mistaking (say) 500W for 4.5kW seems impossible assuming sober experimenters with even limited experience. I can only assume that 9X is a typo.

• I find a 9X measurement error by IH hard to comprehend, at the kind of power levels I presume (from the typical dogbine protocols) they were using. Mistaking 1W for 9W is easy to do, mistaking 100W for 900W is just about feasible, but mistaking (say) 500W for 4.5kW seems impossible assuming sober experimenters with even limited experience. I can only assume that 9X is a typo.

I agree. I gues 3 times could come from error in measuring input energy and 3 times from error in measuring output. But I still find it very strange if IH would have measured this much wrong.

I'm convinced Rossi is a fraud but this is one of the things I find very hard to explain. Another strange thing is that the professors in Uppsala still seems to belive in Rossi. Or at least in his technology.

• Fulvs was the one who wired the system that included the "accidental" inclusion of control reactor "9" as loaded reactor "6". Reactor 9 was in

the array with other loaded reactors and they were all showing the same results - there is no measurement error, it was a measurement trick. The entire thing was staged as part of an attempt to prove whether or not the ecat was working. Rossi's reaction upon getting caught was proof of his ruse. A real researcher in a well-funded prototype development start-up would have stayed and helped get to the bottom of the problem. I should add that TD was the one who fueled the

reactors and was the only one who knew that one was empty.

• Official Post

Good info Dewey, but it still doesn't make a 9X error look sensible, which I thought arose in another experiment at another time. Would you notice if your new car was giving 3mpg instead of the claimed 27?

I agree. I gues 3 times could come from error in measuring input energy and 3 times from error in measuring output. But I still find it very strange if IH would have measured this much wrong.

I agree about the input power entirely, but how would you mistake 400C for 1200C, or 800 for 2400~?

• Alan - The entire rig was a trick by Rossi and Fulvio. We insisted that they isolate the reactors for individual measurement and that is how we caught them. The reality is that all of the cars on Planet Rossi get 3mpg while the sales sticker claims 27mpg. TD out-tricked the tricksters. In a separate previous incident that I witnessed, R was showing 450C or so for a reactor test on his control box when a temp gun showed something like 275C. I was close enough to sense the heat, had my doubts and put a temp gun on the device out of curiosity. R saw me do this, flipped a couple of switches and claimed possible runaway then emptied the room. He then told T Barker to "keep those lawyers out of here" which I, as a polite civilian and not a lawyer, was happy to oblige.

He's caught but is a crafty survivor - its going to be an interesting summer.

• Speaking of amounts obtained by IH, from the article:

Woodford holds around 2% of his Patient Capital investment trust in Industrial Heat, representing a £15 million [$19.5 million] stake. The unquoted company also makes up 0.2% of his Woodford Equity Income fund, a stake worth £19 million [$24.7 millon].

We really need someone with OCD to clear up the question of how much IH raised from various parties. My guess: not anything even close to the $250 million claimed by ele, except possibly in assurances.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.