The Playground

• Official Post

and IH would have been 20 to 25 mil richer (or less poor) now."

The 0.1% chance that Rossi's technology would be real valued much more than the 20Mn$

Anyway today things are clearer, and like in Poker, sometime you have to pay to see the other's cards.

unlike what Mary said, it was not 100% clear. now I agree it is.

the error of skeptics is they prefer to lose reliably by missing all opportunities than to take the risk to win sometime.

• Alain, the 0.1% chance would still have been there if IH had recruited Mary Yugo to test the E-cat. Remember, 0.00% of a trillion dollars is still 0 dollars.

I insist: putting as a condition for the 10.5 mil that MY and her team test the E-cat would have unmasked Rossi's play.

• Sorry SSC, I'm with THH on this one. And that rarely happens.

I insist: putting as a condition for the 10.5 mil that MY and her team test the E-cat would have unmasked Rossi's play.

Exactly, in the sense that there is no way that Rossi would ever agree to it. In early 2011, Jed Rothwell and I were communicating by email about ways to test Rossi. Jed wanted to bring his pwn experts to Italy, I was planning to participate in the test, and I was trying to generate some interest among a few physicists and engineers I knew who specialized in heat transfer and fluid flow -- among other things, they analyze military nuclear fission reactors for safety. Jed, his experts and I came up with a simple plan. At the time, Rossi was using the ecat to make steam and his apparent scam was computing enthalpy as if the steam were dry when it clearly was not. We planned to fix this by sparging the steam in a large water bath and measuring the temperature rise. Of course, we would calibrate carefully. My best recollection (correct me, Jed, f this is wrong) is that Jed presented a brief outline of the plan to Rossi and he refused categorically to consider it.

He would never have allowed me to be a part of any team testing the ecat and I doubt very much he would have allowed Jed or anyone else who knew what they were doing. I am amazed Kullander, Essen, the Swedes and Levi played along with Rossi's changing schemes all those years. Rossi's gift is his unerring ability to choose marks and then to play to their weaknesses and hopes. He is good at it and that is about all he is good at.

• I am amazed Kullander, Essen, the Swedes and Levi played along with Rossi's changing schemes all those years. Rossi's gift is his unerring ability to choose marks and then to play to their weaknesses and hopes.

They were able to follow Rossi experiments and to make their own measures because they are people without prejudices.

If the Swedish group is still making experiments on this topic is because they are still convinced of the goodness of their measures.

The only people who thinks that Rossi is somehow an hypnotist are those who because of their prejudices can't believe at any other reality.

• Official Post

MFMP have posted a new video about building the ECCO reactor.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• What are you afraid of, Fanboy? Skepticism is not contagious and it's only dangerous to scammers.

It is not commonly realised, because IHFB has a pleasant and positive attitude here, but actually IHFB's slant on this matter is profoundly negative and skeptical. He is convinced that IH, and more generally the establishment, are liars and have evil self-destructive aims. He is not so sure that Rossi has anything (in fact few people seem willing to bet even odds on that, or in fact any LENR actually materialising). But he sees IH as thoroughly bad in its interaction with Rossi. Since that is at odds with all IH statements he has to be profoundly skeptical of them to hold this attitude.

With all due respect, I wouldn't want you or Jed around me either.

Perhaps not but that is completely irrelevant. At every stage, Rossi was told via Vortex and his own blog, how to improve his measurements. He never but NEVER took a single suggestion, even though many came from friendly sources. Instead, he took the classic high tech fraud path: he kept doing ever less productive and more convoluted nonsense and he never allowed a decent test to be performed. When his own distributors forced tests by third parties, it showed the ecat did not work.

That Rossi did not simply repeat Levi's spectacular original 2011 run with liquid cooling and mass calorimetry is what first clued me in that something was wrong, very wrong, with Rossi. That Rossi refused to sparge the steam from his so-called reactor to measure its heat output was the second big clue. These actions strongly suggested sleight of hand and fraud. NOBODY who can design a fusion reactor is THAT DUMB (not to know when good advice by people who favored his views was offered).

• barty,

The "5 minute" rule you mentioned earlier seems to work a little different Perhaps the info you provided was not complete. If i change a post within 5 minutes i still see the footnote. Am i the only one who sees that? Or a better question would be; Do you perhaps know of a manual / forum that describes the functionality of this forum / the software you guys use?

Cheers,

JB

• Hi JB. You've worked it out. The site has NLP software that works out whether the text of a post is pro Rossi and in this case applies the troll protocol - essentially, you can't edit anything and your post turns into gibberish in 24 hours.

It is all part of the site owners fanatical plan to discredit Rossi. I heard it on JONP - so I'm pretty sure its true.

:)

• Hi JB. You've worked it out. The site has NLP software that works out whether the text of a post is pro Rossi and in this case applies the troll protocol - essentially, you can't edit anything and your post turns into gibberish in 24 hours.

It is all part of the site owners fanatical plan to discredit Rossi. I heard it on JONP - so I'm pretty sure its true.

:)

THHuxleynew,

Thank you for pointing this out to me. Indeed, i noticed something weird with my posts.

Can you help me prove it?

Please write something very "pro-Rossi" so we can see what the NLP software does with a post from a compulsive Rossi basher and forward our finding to the mods.

Cheers,

JB

• No, but fear is.

Fear of what? F&P got 50 millions from Toyota, Rossi got 10.5 from IH, Pokemov got 20 reactors made by MFMP distributed to replicants who could not replicate, fear of what?

A black helicopter showering you with 100 dollar bills?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.